starts 14 Total Winnings: $1,310,915
Top 5: 1 ( 7.1%) Average finish: 20.7
Top 10: 2 ( 14.3%) DNF: 1

Ryan Newman
starts 12 Total Winnings: $1,422,385
Top 5: 1 ( 8.3%) Average finish: 17.0
Top 10: 4 ( 33.3%) DNF: 2

Last edited:
So Clint Bowyer and Denny Hamlin are going to be future champions? It'd be worth it just to see the reactions around here.

As always Homestead marks the end of the season, it will remain to be my least favorite race for that reason

I wasn't very organized with this. 2 of the best at Homestead....

Carl Edwards
starts 10 Total Winnings: $1,896,623
Win: 2 Top 5: 5 ( 50.0%) Average finish: 6.6
Top 10: 7 ( 70.0%) DNF: 0

Greg Biffle
starts 12 Total Winnings: $1,701,159
Win: 3 Top 5: 4 ( 33.3%) Average finish: 15.2
Top 10: 5 ( 41.7%) DNF: 2

It looks like Carl has been handed a huge opportunity to finally win a championship. I wonder how he will mess it up this time.

I think these stats are irrelevant... some guys have just needed to coast to a championship here while others just had to get out of the way of the people running for one. They'll race differently.. JJ (or anyone) wont be able to have just a decent top 10-15 day and win it anymore.

I think these stats are irrelevant... some guys have just needed to coast to a championship here while others just had to get out of the way of the people running for one. They'll race differently.. JJ (or anyone) wont be able to have just a decent top 10-15 day and win it anymore.
Yes, but it is kind of silly that Jimmie Johnson could win the first 35 races and then finish 13th at Homestead and get beat by somebody finishing 12th or better.

Some guys are so much better at one track than the rest of the field. JJ has a big job simply turning it on and beating Carl, Harvick, Biffle and Tony at Homestead.

This will be the look on Jimmie's (or anyone's) face when he blows it at Homestead ....

upload_2014-2-3_9-59-45.png

:D

"Wait.. what.. you mean were starting RIGHT NOW?!!"

LMAO I'm still laughing about it.. funniest football moment I've ever seen

I hadn't picked which team I liked .. until then... let's just say my team won it lol

that sure set the tempo for the whole game.

That's 1 game, and it wasn't about the venue.

Stop buying into Brians theory that racing is actually like stick and ball sports.

Gotta agree with FB on this one. The race track matters sooo much more in NASCAR than the stadiums do in the NFL. Every one talk about home field advantage, but it can't possibly compare to the importance of a race track.

Gotta agree with FB on this one. The race track matters sooo much more in NASCAR than the stadiums do in the NFL. Every one talk about home field advantage, but it can't possibly compare to the importance of a race track.

In nascar, the track IS the game. The NFL would need to play baseball in the super bowl to have a fair comparison.

And Denver and Seattle played a game at the Meadowlands how many times this year?
Couldn't tell ya... my point is that the stats for the final race are skewed because of how hard drivers have to run. If they went to Homestead in April without the urgency or lack thereof.. the stats would give a better indication of how good they are at the track.

I don't think the format matters, Jimmie will win it no matter what

Couldn't tell ya... my point is that the stats for the final race are skewed because of how hard drivers have to run. If they went to Homestead in April without the urgency or lack thereof.. the stats would give a better indication of how good they are at the track.

True, but can JJ really turn it up THAT much and beat guys like Carl, Harvick, Tony and Biffle at Homestead? We'll see.

He lost the championship at Phoenix when he over drove and blew a tire trying to catch Kez. When he had a slight hope at Homestead, the team blew it by leaving a lug nut off a tire.

True, but can JJ really turn it up THAT much and beat guys like Carl, Harvick, Tony and Biffle at Homestead? We'll see.

He lost the championship at Phoenix when he over drove and blew a tire trying to catch Kez. When he had a slight hope at Homestead, the team blew it by leaving a lug nut off a tire.
I doubt it.

I hope we don't have another Richmond at Homestead. I wonder how wide team cars might get during that race.
But mikey that Ivy around the gate is common ivy not poison, It can't make his arm itch.

Those 'wide' cars sometimes have a tendency to get booted out of the way. NASCAR, err Brian, has already said that they don't really have a problem with that. Considered 'Boys Have At It'.
And DW has said many many times (ad nauseam) that kybu drives the widest car on the track. :D

Those 'wide' cars sometimes have a tendency to get booted out of the way. NASCAR, err Brian, has already said that they don't really have a problem with that. Considered 'Boys Have At It'.
Yup... either that or they get their hair pulled by a big fat guy after the checkers waves :D

I hope we don't have another Richmond at Homestead. I wonder how wide team cars might get during that race.
Pssshaw. Even if you have a problem with what happened at Richmond (with the intentional caution and Vickers slow laps through pit lane), blocking for a teammate is just good old fashioned gamesmanship in racing. And like dpk said, the guy being blocked has a way to solve it.

Jimmie's record at Homestead, at least in my opinion, is not indicative of his ability to perform. He lately has gone in there with the goal of protecting a large lead. I can recall two years where this was not the case: 2010, where he was trailing Hamlin in at the start of the race, and 2012, where he was trailing Keselowski. In 2010 he finished 2nd while in 2012 he was leading for a good portion of the race until his blown engine. They can say that they treat Homestead like "any other race," but I find that hard to believe. I agree with Sliced's point that if you take the "protecting a points lead" out of the equation at the final race, we'll see a lot more intensity from the drivers really pushing for a win.

Bruton Smith wasn't at media event for new format. I was wondering how he felt about ISC getting 3 elimination races (including Homestead), and SMC getting none. Bob Pockrass tweeted back that Bruton liked it and had no complaints. That surprised me. Perhaps next years chase schedule will have some surprises.

Back
Top Bottom