I've had it with Nascar rules/stupidity...

S

s2mikey

:angry:

This weekend's race at Bristol pretty much summed up everything I currently cannot stand about Nascar racing. Let's run down some of the areas that MUST change:

1. Cautions - The RIDICULOUS amount of laps that are bruned up because of small wrecks and spins are killing the racing. Yesterday was a good example. Harvick and Wallace were going to MOW down Busch. If you couldn't see that, then you're blind. But wait... OOOPPPS... a little harmless spin and the race gets shutdown for seemingly a half an hour. Of course, during this time, instead of real racing occuring, the cars are parading around the track like a kiddie merry-go-round. What is taking so damn long? Why is there a caution for every stupid little incident? Just keep it going! Or better yet, here's the solution: When there are 50 laps or LESS left in a race, caution laps do NOT count towards the total. Let the cars race it out instead of handing the win to what always ends up being a Roush car.

2. WAY too many cars in the field - Let's be honest here... at LEAST 20 of the cars that enter the race every week have NO chance of winning whatsoever. NONE. ZERO. Why is it that week after week we have to put up with clown after clown hitting the wall, taking out REAL cars, causing mayhem,etc, etc? These morons CAN'T drive and their cars are underpowered and under engineered. You know who I mean here... pretty much everyone that qualifies 25th or worse is a waste of fuel. Sure, a star occassionally qualifies bad, but you know what I mean. Johnny Sauter? Kevin Lepage? Ummm... I don't think so. The solution here is to simply limit 25 cars per race. Even that is too many, but this 43 car BS is SICK!

3. Lapped cars clogging things up - This ties into #2 but it is it's own problem. Why in the world are cars that are 1,000 laps down even allowed to continue? They are a liability to the other drivers and alls they do is get in the way of the Professional drivers and teams. I say that once the race has under 100 laps left...GET the buttlick drivers OFF the damn track and make way for the Pros! Geesh!!! :dual9mm:

That's all.... have a nice day! :p

Mikey

why don't you just call ole' Brian up and tell him all the answers to Nascars problems. :lol:

There used to be more than 43 cars on the track. There used to be even fewer cars who could compete for a win at any given race. Look at it as having a moving chicane that the better drivers have to negotiate around. In most video games isn't there that surprise element that takes you out when least expected. In racing it is Sauter, Bodine, etc. I don't mind the back riders at all. They are an integral part of any race. I don't like the field fillers, those who only intend to drive a few laps and then park their car. They distort the actual finishing order. For example, Derrick Cope is out there actually thinking he can win. Whereas Morgan Shepherd has really put in a day if he parks his car after 20 laps. But, each rant to his own I guess.

Originally posted by barelypure@Mar 29 2004, 11:39 AM
There used to be more than 43 cars on the track.
Not at the short tracks....

Through 1992 NASCAR limited it to 32 cars on the short tracks. It was expanded to 34 cars in 1993 and 36 cars in 1994. In was expanded again to 37 in 1996.

Too lazy to look up when ti went to 42 or 43, but the point is they haven't always run this many cars on the short tracks. It is a product of the last several years and not a long standing tradition.

It was 1997 when the field expanded to a full 42 cars plus the Champions provisional making a limit of 43 cars.

This was at the time the major expansion of sponsors who were paying multi-millions to sponsor a team and did not want them to miss the show. It was also due to the fact the championship point race was compromised if a contender had a bad day and failed to qualify in a 32 and later 36 car field.

You are correct TonyB. I was responding to the statement
at LEAST 20 of the cars that enter the race every week have NO chance of winning whatsoever

I agree with most of your points s2, those cautions took way too long.

Back
Top Bottom