Jeff Gluck nails it...

Maybe this member should give us some clue that only Jeff Gluck would know! Lol
Do you mean is this me? I'm sitting in the media center and I checked my site and this forum referred some traffic to the story. So I was like, "Oh, what's that site?"
Sorry, first-time poster.
I don't think anyone would impersonate me. Who would care that much? Give me your Twitter handle, I'll shoot you a tweet to prove it.
@Old 97
:XXROFL::XXROFL:

I happened to be in the car driving back from an interview and was listening to Sirius when he was on. And man, it just touched a nerve. I shouldn't have said anything, but he was patting himself on the back for creating conversation and was talking about how he knew he'd never be 100% right on stories he wrote. That just drove me nuts. I can't tell you how many times I hear things or am pretty confident something is true, but I don't write it because unless I'm SURE, it's not worth the risk.

This, I agree with 100 percent.

By the way, you're right about the opinion piece...I literally do have to write an opinion piece. When something happens, my boss calls/emails me and says, "I need an analysis or column on that." So that's dead on (although I'm sorry you don't like them).

I'd hate having a mandate to do opinion pieces. :idunno:

Sweet!! I'm star struck! We have have a new source. Welcome aboard Jeff. Don't be a stranger. You can post even when you don't have to defend your honor! :)

yeah @Jeff Gluck Im sorry about question about identity...

What did you think of the showdown?

Credibility and trust is everything. Again, this is NOT the first time Tom Bowles has put the entire NASCAR media in this type of situation. That deal at Daytona a few years ago, people were crucifying younger NASCAR reporters and the "Citizen Journalists Media Corp" for something Tom Bowles did.

I think Jeff Gluck and others are mad because you have Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart running around condemning "the media" and other fans running around condemning "the media", when it was literally two people: Tom Bowles and Christopher Olmstead. I don't blame any of them for being defensive, but at the same time, it just seems like everyone's beating up Tom Bowles.

Totally agree with this. I feel bad for Tom at this point (and sent him an email saying sorry for causing him any pain).

yeah @Jeff Gluck Im sorry about question about identity...

What did you think of the showdown?

Freaking awesome, honestly. Holy crap, the racing lately...between this and Dover, it's been fantastic. Actually, there have been several races this season that would have been the best race of some other seasons IMO.

Also, the "Edwards to JGR" stuff, one trned out to be accurate.

Not the first time he was rumored to be coming. There was a very credible reporter, and one of my absolute favorites who blew the call, and didn't take a tenth of the crap Bowles did. BTW, my favorite who blew the call is still my favorite. It is not a big deal.

I think Jeff Gluck and others are mad because you have Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart running around condemning "the media"

....and this is the first time those two have condemned the media? No. Get mad at Kevin and Tony, and quit beating up on Bowles. As I have said before, if the reporter is good, Bowles is irrelevant. If the reporter sucks, Bowles is irrelevant. Define the profession by being professional. That will speak louder that scapegoating some guy who missed the mark.

Nah, you don't. I probably won't stay long, lol. I need to stay out of forums; in general, people aren't very nice (not saying you guys aren't).

I get that. No forum is perfect but this one is pretty darned good.

....and this is the first time those two have condemned the media? No. Get mad at Kevin and Tony, and quit beating up on Bowles. As I have said before, if the reporter is good, Bowles is irrelevant. If the reporter sucks, Bowles is irrelevant. Define the profession by being professional. That will speak louder that scapegoating some guy who missed the mark.
It's not because he missed the mark. It's because he didn't own it after he blew it.

Reactions: Pat

I don't disagree with you.

Agreed.

That Beyond The Flag site, I am sick of though. They wrote an article about Brian France and why he should step down and it had so many inaccuracies, it's not even funny. I tweeted them and sent them FB messages saying they should take the article down because it was a disservice to their readers. They just liked my tweets. And it's frustrating because they get a lot of readers.

Agreed.

That Beyond The Flag site, I am sick of though. They wrote an article about Brian France and why he should step down and it had so many inaccuracies, it's not even funny. I tweeted them and sent them FB messages saying they should take the article down because it was a disservice to their readers. They just liked my tweets. And it's frustrating because they get a lot of readers.

No offense to that site, but I don't think people really give that one much credibility. Tom Bowles used to work for SI.com. He's worked in TV. So people pay attention to what he writes a bit more. IMO.

No offense to that site, but I don't think people really give that one much credibility. Tom Bowles used to work for SI.com. He's worked in TV. So people pay attention to what he writes a bit more. IMO.

I hope people don't expect accuracy when they go there.

Thanks for stopping by. I know Matt Weaver, who I work with covering short track racing, looks up to you a ton.

I hope people don't expect accuracy when they go there.

Thanks for stopping by. I know Matt Weaver, who I work with covering short track racing, looks up to you a ton.

Huge fan and supporter of Weaver. Love that guy.

Thanks for posting the column for discussion. It showed up on the traffic referral part of my site and I was curious to see what it was all about.

Welcome to the forum @Jeff Gluck , nice to meet you and thanks for taking the time to clear things up , hope you stick around or check it from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom