Jeff Gordon's back!

I have seen several times when a driver gets in someone elses car......... it's like it's totally foreign.... this might not be the case but I wouldn't be surprised........ at any rate..... your opinion is well taken........
Oh I agree . I have serious doubts about Bowman because of the lack of time that he has been given , but HMS and Jeff should be a no brainer. I am only surprised that he agreed to do it .

The more I think about this whole thing the more I'm beginning to wonder if they already know that JR is going to miss more than just this week. It just seems really odd that they would announce it this far in advance, they announced it before the cup guys even practiced for this week's race!

Could it be they already know and are doing this as a way to drive media buzz, ticket sales, and ratings for the Brickyard? I know if I was looking to go see Gordon run the race I would want to know well enough in advance to make travel arrangements...

Yeah Jr may have run his last race. No prob. he's got his Nextel team to keep him involved plus I don't think he's hurting for cash. Another bonk in the mellon might seriously srew him up, hope nt but.....

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

I have seen several times when a driver gets in someone elses car......... it's like it's totally foreign.... this might not be the case but I wouldn't be surprised........ at any rate..... your opinion is well taken........
I am going to quote Ryan Newman's answer today on Gordon, " yeah, just cause you go to the nude beach for a few months, doenst mean you forgot how to put your undies back on"

In contrast, Robby Gordon, Mike Wallace and Kenny Wallace were amazing as substitute drivers in 2001.

The more I think about this whole thing the more I'm beginning to wonder if they already know that JR is going to miss more than just this week. It just seems really odd that they would announce it this far in advance, they announced it before the cup guys even practiced for this week's race!

Could it be they already know and are doing this as a way to drive media buzz, ticket sales, and ratings for the Brickyard? I know if I was looking to go see Gordon run the race I would want to know well enough in advance to make travel arrangements...

Luckily I live just three hours from Indy. If Gordon races next week, I'm getting tickets and going.

My wife and I talked about it but it's a long way from Florida.
Come on buddy tell your wife it's only about a 12 hour or 730 mile drive.;) A couple of weeks a go I had to drive from Norwalk ohio which is only about 300 miles from Chicago all the way back to our shop in SoCal just to switch bodies and pic up a few parts and then drive back to Chicago. That was about a 5000 mile trip.:)

Come on buddy tell your wife it's only about a 12 hour or 730 mile drive.;) A couple of weeks a go I had to drive from Norwalk ohio which is only about 300 miles from Chicago all the way back to our shop in SoCal just to switch bodies and pic up a few parts and then drive back to Chicago. That was about a 5000 mile trip.:)
Yeah but you da man. We've already made our 5,000 mile trip for this summer dragging the beast . Here to Amarillo, all over New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas and back home. One helluva good trip. :D

Not only is Gordon racing at Indy, he's also going to drive the 88 at Pocono the following weekend....per Hendrick as the Doctors won't medically release Dale JR to race for the next two weekends.

About Jr's car. . . . .the team will set the 88 up the way Jeff likes his car set up.. . . . . simple as that. There ya have it boys. :rolleyes:

This looks funcky
image.jpeg

All the Gordon fans come out of coma.lol

Good to see Jeff back as well, I wish Bowman would have received the two rides, but Axalta probably had a lot of pull in this case.

Anyways, it will be fun to watch for the next couple of weeks.

You don't know how happy I will be if Gordon wins at Indy again.

Not likely, but if there is literally anyone on earth who could do it, it's Jeff.

You don't know how happy I will be if Gordon wins at Indy again.

Not likely, but if there is literally anyone on earth who could do it, it's Jeff.

Which is why it will be all the more ironic when Chase Elliot gets his first career cup win Sunday. :p Who's boss of the 24 now??

I'm not sure how to feel about Jeff Gordon's return. :confused:

I'm excited, but I suffered through the Homestead race on TV last year thinking it was his final ever race!

I think they ought to let Bowman stay in the seat..... at least it would give him seat time..... Jeff doesn't need it..... He's a commentator now......

I'm not sure how to feel about Jeff Gordon's return. :confused:

I'm excited, but I suffered through the Homestead race on TV last year thinking it was his final ever race!

I'm not sure why people thought that.

Jeff constantly said he would run more races. He just wasn't in it for the grind of a whole season anymore.

He talked a lot about racing a track like Martinsville, especially.

I'll bet
I think they ought to let Bowman stay in the seat..... at least it would give him seat time..... Jeff doesn't need it..... He's a commentator now......
I bet DW doesn't want to discuss his return when they are back in business. LOL

Always loved the Brickyard race, hope the wet weather coming in is gone by Sunday.

Love the DuPont 88!

All the Gordon fans come out of coma.lol

Good to see Jeff back as well, I wish Bowman would have received the two rides, but Axalta probably had a lot of pull in this case.

Anyways, it will be fun to watch for the next couple of weeks.

IMO, the only reason Bowman drove the 88 at Loudon was because Jeff and his family were vacationing in France. He's back and looky whose in the car for the next two races. . . .:cheers:

And yes, it will be fun to watch for the next couple of weeks, per all Gordon's fans. :D

Back
Top Bottom