Jeff Gordon's back!

You know, when jeff raced full time I was not a huge fan. But I find myself VERY excited to see how he does. I f he wins it will be ALMOST as exciting as a DP win...ALMOST. ;)

From the racing side of this: I would rather see a young guns in the farm leagues have the chance in the car.

From the business side of it: No brainer, if Jeff is available, why not, IMS will surely get a huge ticket sale boost from this and JG will make another small fortune for one race. TV ratings will be up, HMS in spot light all weekend etc etc.

LOL

Untitled.jpg

Only thing that sucks about this is that it's Tony's last start at Indy, and that's largely getting overshadowed by Jeff's return.

Tony didn't want IMS hyping it up the way they did with Jeff. Too distracting.

And there's been no shortage of Tony hype this week on the NASCAR shows. Also with the huge amount of pre-race coverage Tony will get a ton of coverage.

Tony didn't want IMS hyping it up the way they did with Jeff. Too distracting.

And there's been no shortage of Tony hype this week on the NASCAR shows. Also with the huge amount of pre-race coverage Tony will get a ton of coverage.
I also saw on Fox's website where SHR approached Jeff to fill in for Tony in the Daytona 500. I guess Fox wouldn't have been too happy if he ditched them on his first day. :p

IMO, the only reason Bowman drove the 88 at Loudon was because Jeff and his family were vacationing in France. He's back and looky whose in the car for the next two races. . . .:cheers:

And yes, it will be fun to watch for the next couple of weeks, per all Gordon's fans. :D
You are SO predictable Honey........ :D:D

I'm looking forward to seeing him at Pocono next week. What he learns this week could really pay off since the tracks are similar.

Jeff's drivers suite contains some whoop's
Cn-xRplXEAEsZZl_zpsmsgkq48d.jpg

The track put that up, but yesterday the team took it down and put a Dale Jr. sign up. Jeff said that he's glad that they did. Dale Jr. is also on the windshield of the car. :D

Hendrick gets weird about the signs, and screws up his fire suit. Team in disarray :p. In hindsight, JGR was so insensitive to put Ragan's name in the car last year. Time for sensitivity training. :D I need a hug.

It would be pretty weird to see Gordon make one final appearance in the 88 after driving the 24 his whole career.

As a lifelong Gordon fan who went to Homestead it would kinda suck if that turns out not to be his final race, but he's also great at Indy and it's always been a special race for him so that would be cool to see. And I'd love to see what he does in this new aero even just once.

Last year in Jeff's 2015 retirement year, he was asked by the media many times over if he'd race again and he repeatedly told them he may race the occasional race, if asked and IF he felt like it.

So, don't rule him out just yet.

Gordon willing to sub, but wants Bowman to be first choice: Four-time Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series champion Jeff Gordon said he would be willing to return as a replacement driver for Hendrick Motorsports if needed in an extreme circumstance, but believes 23-year-old Alex Bowman should have the opportunity. Gordon replaced Dale Earnhardt Jr. in eight Cup races last season as Earnhardt experienced a recurrence of concussion. Bowman, who does not have a NASCAR ride this season, replaced Earnhardt 10 times, and scored three top-10 finishes. He won the pole and had a best finish of sixth at Phoenix International Raceway after leading 194 laps. Bowman's lone scheduled Cup start is in the exhibition Clash in the #88 Chevrolet because of the Phoenix pole. "I think that you're looking at Alex Bowman, who has done an excellent job stepping in," Gordon told USA TODAY Sports. "He's in a position with Hendrick Motorsports doing a lot of simulation work and debriefs. He did a great job behind the wheel last year. So, I think that a lot of it had to do with they weren't real sure what the scenario was going to be with Alex and then also with sponsors or how long Junior was going to be out, so that was a pretty unique scenario. And I think it would have to be a very unique one for me to step in (in 2017.)"(USA Today)

from jayski

Back
Top Bottom