Jerry Glanville to attempt Cup races in 2004

T

TonyB

Earlier this week Black Cat Racing (BCR), located in Jackson, TN., announced plans to run in two to three NEXTEL Cup events with the first to take place in Las Vegas on March 7, 2004. The driver of the BCR NEXTEL Cup car, which will attempt to qualify for the UAW-Daimler Chrysler 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, is former NFL coach and part time ARCA driver Jerry Glanville. The National Rifle Association's, red, white and blue Chevrolet Monte Carlo as well as team support will be provided by Black Cat Racing. The car will be prepared in Coach Glanville's shop located in Dawsonville, GA. For more information, visit the BCR website at www.bcr13.com. Additional sponsorship opportunities are available for this race. Announcements regarding Black Cat Racing's Busch Series driver and sponsor are expected within the next two weeks.(BCR PR)(10-19-2003)

hmmmmmm I wonder if he will qualify, I know he did'nt run worth a crap in the CTS. I don't know about arca but I don't think he'll make the field in any of the races

Yeh this is a farce IMO , Glanville can't drive,never could, might have a slight chance on a short track. A place like Vegas would eat him up in a heartbeat. ^_^

I saw Glanville race trucks and a winston west race at PPIR. Didn't show much then. He bought a seat for Elvis. I doubt he'll even qualify.

:lol: At least he won't have to worry about his car sponsor not sticking out.

Well, I think Glanville should stick to a thing he does a piss-poor job at but still makes a living off of, Football commentator.

Ironic that he tries to qualify a Chevy yet he did an ass load of advertisements for Nissan here in Las Vegas a few months back.

I don't understand the drivers and owner that can't win in the smaller series ........then try to move up to CUP! If you can't win in ARCA where there are only 2 good cars.....how the heck do you expect to win in Winston Cup. Just pure stupid!

If he can get the car around the track once without hitting something it will be better than he did as a football coach. :) :)

Back
Top Bottom