Jimmie Johnson would run circles around Dale

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
Not afraid to say it. Both of them in their prime I believe Jimmie Johnson would beat Dale Earnhardt every time. Would he beat Gordon in his prime? More than likely. Could he keep The King in his rear view mirror? Every time.

He knows the best lines anywhere on the track & can make it look too easy even when the car is completely sideways.

He is the best NASCAR driver the sport has seen.

Pffffff.... yeah and a great white shark would probably finish off a freshwater crocodile... but they dont live in the same place. This is stupid. Nice cast though lol.... hope you get some bites lmao :D

Jimmie has only been in sprint cup for 12 years and has won 6 titles. 50%. He still has 12 more years in him I don't doubt it. Unless someone comes in soon like a Gordon to an Earnhardt or a Johnson to a Gordon, JJ will continue on his tear.

Pffffff.... yeah and a great white shark would probably finish off a freshwater crocodile... but they dont live in the same place. This is stupid. Nice cast though lol.... hope you get some bites lmao :D
There are only 2 choices in life. Be a master fisher or a master baiter ;)

Jimmie has only been in sprint cup for 12 years and has won 6 titles. 50%. He still has 12 more years in him I don't doubt it. Unless someone comes in soon like a Gordon to an Earnhardt or a Johnson to a Gordon, JJ will continue on his tear.
Well lets see... Richard Petty won his first cup in 1964.. Dale started part time in '75.. in fact he won his first cup in the first season he ran every race.. the year after Petty won his last championship.... difference of 11 years from Petty first to Dales first and Petty won his last before Dale won his first..... Then Gordon came in in '93, won his first cup in '95.. difference of 20 years.. from Dales first season and .. hmmmm... the year after his LAST championship... So then JJ comes in in 2002 7 years later and ... ONE year after Jeff Gordons last cup.. sooo with the laws of averages.. as well as the pattern that the former "top driver" won their first the year after the previous won their last... Were 12 years into JJ's reign... I think soon... very soon.. it will be over. In fact I wouldnt be surprised if he MAAYBE gets one more then someone will come along in the next couple years and take over as the top driver in NASCAR... end of rant. GO JOEY!!

Well lets see... Richard Petty won his first cup in 1964.. Dale started part time in '75.. in fact he won his first cup in the first season he ran every race.. the year after Petty won his last championship.... difference of 11 years from Petty first to Dales first and Petty won his last before Dale won his first..... Then Gordon came in in '93, won his first cup in '95.. difference of 20 years.. from Dales first season and .. hmmmm... the year after his LAST championship... So then JJ comes in in 2002 7 years later and ... ONE year after Jeff Gordons last cup.. sooo with the laws of averages.. as well as the pattern that the former "top driver" won their first the year after the previous won their last... Were 12 years into JJ's reign... I think soon... very soon.. it will be over. In fact I wouldnt be surprised if he MAAYBE gets one more then someone will come along in the next couple years and take over as the top driver in NASCAR... end of rant. GO JOEY!!
Thanks for stating what's already been said. A Gordon to Earnhardt and a Johnson to Gordon. Now the possibility of a (insert name here) to Johnson.

You don't really have any ideas do you? You just reiterate what's already been said.

He didn't have to hook you...you jumped right into his boat.:D

Thanks for stating what's already been said. A Gordon to Earnhardt and a Johnson to Gordon. Now the possibility of a (insert name here) to Johnson.

You don't really have any ideas do you? You just reiterate what's already been said.
.... Re read it... I mentioned it... plus I was just saying he'll be done soon...

someone will come along in the next couple years and take over as the top driver in NASCAR... end of rant. GO JOEY!!

If Johnson is such a great driver, he would be able to leave Hendrick and go drive for lets say Childress. So do you really think Johnson could win as many Championships at Childress as Earnhart has? Alot of what makes a great driver is a great team. Don't think Matt Kenseth looked like a much better driver this year since he switched teams?

LMAO Yeah.. the same 500 that Michael Waltrip won twice? :XXROFL:
Yes. MW is an excellent plate track racer. You make it sound like the Daytona 500 is a child's play thing.

If Johnson is such a great driver, he would be able to leave Hendrick and go drive for lets say Childress. So do you really think Johnson could win as many Championships at Childress as Earnhart has? Alot of what makes a great driver is a great team. Don't think Matt Kenseth looked like a much better driver this year since he switched teams?
Childress was using top notch equipment in Dale's time. Even Steve Park won a race with them. So yes if Johnson was racing with a childress's stuff in the 80s and 90s I believe he could dominate

Yes. MW is an excellent plate track racer. You make it sound like the Daytona 500 is a child's play thing.

Childress was using top notch equipment in Dale's time. Even Steve Park won a race with them.
And even Dale Jr. won a race with Hendrick. So when Harvick came on board Childress quit using top notch equipment?

And even Dale Jr. won a race with Hendrick. So when Harvick came on board Childress quit using top notch equipment?
Hendrick came along and found more power, and still does.

this whole replacement theory isn't just for drivers.

RCR to Petty Ent. HMS to DEI & RCR. HMS still reigns with JGR catching up if the engines can hold up

Well I kinda do think that lol.. I mean come on... no name people that couldnt win a real race for the life of them have made names for themselves in what is known as the biggest race. Doesn't mean they're that good... just lucky... case and point.. Trevor Bayne.

There are only 2 choices in life. Be a master fisher or a master baiter ;)

I bet that Kyle Busch kid will win seven championships in his first eight seasons when he moves up to Cup.

you must be trolling if you really think Jimmie won that Daytona 500 without Chad.
He won with Darian Grubb. Who helped Stewart to this 3rd title & brought Hamlin back to winning form. So yes, I believe he won it without Knaus.

God forbid Johnson/Chad NOT bend the rules right?

He won with Darian Grubb. Who helped Stewart to this 3rd title & brought Hamlin back to winning form. So yes, I believe he won it without Knaus.

God forbid Johnson/Chad NOT bend the rules right?

who built and setup the car? who got the team ready? you are taking months of credit away from Knaus and giving it all to Grubb who only was on top of the box for what 2 days?

This forum's idea of trolling is completely different from the rest of the internet

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

stop trying to act like some internet hipster.

who built and setup the car? who got the team ready? you are taking months of credit away from Knaus and giving it all to Grubb who only was on top of the box for what 2 days?
Who built the car & set it up? I'm gunna go with the engine & chassis department on that one.

Notice I said "capable of winning without chad on the box". After the 2006 Daytona 500 he proved my point.

Internet hipster? That would mean the internet is too mainstream for me & I prefer not to use it. Being that I'm in college I can promise you I'm on the internet 90% of the time so I know a thing or two. Stop acting like an internet nazi like you own the place. I haven't trolled. I haven't purposefully posted an off topic subject that provokes a huge emotional reaction out of anyone. If they do get butthurt over my opinion on Johnson being the best ever that sounds like a personal problem to me.

Who built the car & set it up? I'm gunna go with the engine & chassis department on that one.

Notice I said "capable of winning without chad on the box". After the 2006 Daytona 500 he proved my point.

Internet hipster? That would mean the internet is too mainstream for me & I prefer not to use it. Being that I'm in college I can promise you I'm on the internet 90% of the time so I know a thing or two. Stop acting like an internet nazi like you own the place. I haven't trolled. I haven't purposefully posted an off topic subject that provokes a huge emotional reaction out of anyone. If they do get butthurt over my opinion on Johnson being the best ever that sounds like a personal problem to me.
LMAO Yeah okay this whole thread has troll written all over it... come on.

LMAO Yeah okay this whole thread has troll written all over it... come on.
Wrong.

This coming from the poster who initiated the reasoning behind the "warning to everyone" thread by the admin? Ok.

Still waiting for a reply from your alias on kyle's 30 championships.

You'll figure it out eventually :)

Would love to get back on topic here ya know

It's times like this that I wish for two things. 1) That we perfected human cloning and 2) That personalities and knowledge can be downloaded into a human brain like you'd download files into a computer. That way, we actually can settle this question once and for all. Have the clone of Dale Sr. and a (younger) Richard Petty get into the Gen 6 car with Jimmie Johnson behind the wheel of the 48 and just let them do a full race.

Or....we can have another show like Deadliest Warriors instead call it Fastest Driver!

Back
Top Bottom