Jimmie Johnson

DSquad48

Team Owner
He can't perform without a perfect setup. Chad can no longer provide the perfect setup, or at least not this year. I honestly cannot stand the excessive whining about handling and racing hard this year. Wouldn't be surprised if Chad calls it quits after next year when his contract is up.

I don't think it's necessarily that Jimmie and the 48 team have fallen off. I think the rest of the field has finally caught up to them somewhat, thanks in part to the new rules.

Reactions: sdj
I'll give you Alan for Chad. Just a straight up trade. :D

He can't perform without a perfect setup. Chad can no longer provide the perfect setup, or at least not this year. I honestly cannot stand the excessive whining about handling and racing hard this year. Wouldn't be surprised if Chad calls it quits after next year when his contract is up.

maybe he will chief for Jr, he goes thru crew chiefs like grapes thru a goose.

Honestly, I think it's just an off year for Chad and Johnson. I mean they won five in a row from 2006 to 2010. 2011, they didn't perform and the same for 2012. However in 2013, they came back with a vengeance and won Championship #6.

Do I think they'll pull off another five in a row? Nope. Do I think their days of winning races and championship are done? Nope. I still believe that Johnson and Chad can win two more, which will give them a total of 8 Championships.

I don't see Chad quitting the CC role until he gets Championship #8, because that is something you can put on a resume and it'll get you a job anywhere in NASCAR.

Honestly, I think it's just an off year for Chad and Johnson. I mean they won five in a row from 2006 to 2010. 2011, they didn't perform and the same for 2012. However in 2013, they came back with a vengeance and won Championship #6.

Do I think they'll pull off another five in a row? Nope. Do I think their days of winning races and championship are done? Nope. I still believe that Johnson and Chad can win two more, which will give them a total of 8 Championships.

I don't see Chad quitting the CC role until he gets Championship #8, because that is something you can put on a resume and it'll get you a job anywhere in NASCAR.

If these chase format continues, he may not have a shot. Is based more on luck than skills.

Talladega for instance, never belonged in the chase. Now with the eliminations, its even more of a crapshoot.

And historically, Homestead has been pretty meh to Johnson.

If these chase format continues, he may not have a shot. Is based more on luck than skills.

Talladega for instance, never belonged in the chase. Now with the eliminations, its even more of a crapshoot.

And historically, Homestead has been pretty meh to Johnson.

Eh, to be fair, historically whenever Johnson has an actual chance of winning the Championship, he usually goes into Homestead with a comfortable points lead and doesn't really have to race all that hard, he just has to be "X" position or higher to clinch the championship. Of course his Championship run in 2013 kind of proves that yes, he can race at Homestead and he can do a good job at it too.

The only two chances Johnson has is either winning the race, or having the three drivers in the bottom with him to wreck out and he to survive and finish. Neither are good odds IMO. I think he is pretty much done. They are too busy fighting instead of racing.

I'll never count Jimmie and Chad out as long as they're still competing.
Yep. & Jimmie has a solid career at plate tracks.

You would think that two guys who have worked together for 12 years would be better at communicating.
Its like a marriage. More about quality time than quanity time. Gotta get some space from the ol ball n chain sometimes ya know?

Just listened to a exchange. He's complaing he can't run where he wants, keeps heading towards the wall. Chad sounds calm and asks what does he want ? Does he need to be tightened up? JJ sounds like a whinny little byitch.

Just listened to a exchange. He's complaing he can't run where he wants, keeps heading towards the wall. Chad sounds calm and asks what does he want ? Does he need to be tightened up? JJ sounds like a whinny little byitch.

Lil Jimmi is used to having awesome cars that hide his mediocre talent.. He should shut his f'n mouth and be grateful for all that Chad has done for him.

I've thought all year that the 48 team hasn't seemed to have the hunger that they've shown in previous years. Maybe it's Chad's girlfriend (discussed in one of these threads earlier this season) or maybe it's who knows what.

Any time you brought up the subject, people just said that the 48 never really focuses hard until late in the season when they have to really start winning. We've been hearing the same thing from the same people this season. Well, it's late in the season now and they need to start winning. So far, they haven't done that.

Sure Jimmie seems to be struggling but he has made us all eat crow at one point or another. If JJ wins Talladega next week I will not be surprised.

As for people talking about his complaining....what driver doesn't complain when their car is sh*t?

Well I know one thing, if Johnson gets eliminated after Dega, there's going to be some long talks in the Hendricks Shop.

It looks like we might be heading towards Johnson, Junior and Kahne being eliminated. If that happens, expect Mr. Hendrick to blow a gasket.

Well at least Gordon will most likely survive elimination unless he really really screws up at Dega.

As for people talking about his complaining....what driver doesn't complain when their car is sh*t?
every driver has an exchange like that every other race. A driver is never happy in the car untill he is crossing under the checkers in first. Its just rarely heard over the #48 radio because theyre normally so strong.

what more do you want from the 48? They kicked everyone ass for 5 years, lost 1 then kicked ass again. I don't think even the Yankees have done that

what more do you want from the 48? They kicked everyone ass for 5 years, lost 1 then kicked ass again. I don't think even the Yankees have done that

This is a good point. Regardless of whether or not Johnson wins another Championship, his and Chad Knaus's spot in the history of NASCAR is firmly secured and I have no doubt that Johnson will easily be in the Top 10 of best drivers in NASCAR history.

Wow, when fans turn on you they turn on you hard. I am not a JJ fan, but, WOW. Everyone has a bad year now and again.

I feel they are not that bad, but, instead I suggest a lot of other teams have caught up and passed them on the Gen 6 car. JMHO.

Also, keep in mind, he could very well win next week and be right back on top, the FAT Lady ain't sang yet! ;)

Last edited:
This is a good point. Regardless of whether or not Johnson wins another Championship, his and Chad Knaus's spot in the history of NASCAR is firmly secured and I have no doubt that Johnson will easily be in the Top 10 of best drivers in NASCAR history.
amen. he might never get seven Like Dale and Richard, but getting 5 in a row might be just as hard to do.

Wow, when fans turn on you they turn on you hard. I am not a JJ fan, but, WOW. Everyone has a bad year now and again.

I feel they are not that bad, but, instead I suggest a lot of other teams have caught up and passed them on the Gen 6 car. JMHO.

Also, keep in mind, he could very well win next week and be right back on top, the FAT Lady ain't sang yet! ;)
This is not me turning on the 48, but I'm not on one those fans who thinks that "my team/driver can do no wrong" either.

This is not me turning on the 48, but I'm not on one those fans who thinks that "my team/driver can do no wrong" either.
Just wait till JJ has a few seasons like Gordon did and everyone starts screaming "washed up" and "retire old man!" for close to 10 seasons. Then youll find out what kind of JJ you really are :p

Well, someone on here said HMS is falling apart, so the 48's bad performance's don't surprise me at all.

I'll never count Jimmie and Chad out as long as they're still competing.

Agreed. JJ is pretty good at the plate tracks, so I'm not counting him out until I see he's outside of the top 8 once the race is over.

Omg let's all overreact. He's won 6 titles in 8 years and in his "off" year has still won 3 races and is in the chase. Yes chad should totally leave and go to the 18 car :p

Back
Top Bottom