Jimmie Johnson

JJ having a bad chase, Jr having a bad chase, Bad Brad having a bad chase, going into Dega. I see mayhem coming to Dega and a lot of chase drivers
Involved. Anyone can win, just have to be the leader at the end of lap 188.

Theyve won the most races as a team. This new format is geared towards winners right? :rolleyes:
They've sucked when it's been time to shine, Gordon seeming to be the only hope. I wouldn't mind seeing Gordon take home the hardware. I used to hate the guy, as a long time Earnhardt fan, but now I find myself rooting for him.

Theyve won the most races as a team. This new format is geared towards winners right? :rolleyes:
They've sucked when it's been time to shine, Gordon seeming to be the only hope. I wouldn't mind seeing Gordon take home the hardware. I used to hate the guy, as a long time Earnhardt fan, but now I find myself rooting for him.
This^

It doesn't matter how many wins u have if u cant hack it when its time to step up.

Cars are fast. Lady luck hasnt been with them.

Cars are fast. Lady luck hasnt been with them.
Sometimes you make your own luck. A broken shifter? WTH After the same thing happened to Double J. Unacceptable. That is not bad luck. That is just plain wrong. The tire failure. I'm still of the mind that they were pushing the limits on that setup. Previously Jr had been on a downward trend only to have a dominate car that weekend. I think they were going for broke and that is exactly what bit them. All of that being said I'll on and off the edge of my seat this weekend cheering him on to a victory.

Luck? Did bad luck make Jimmie qualify outside the top 20 and run around there?... If he were fast enough to run up front he wouldn't have been in those messes.

One bad qualifying run doesn't change the fact that Jimmie wouldn't be in this position if it wasn't for really bad luck.

Last week, sure Chad as stupid to give away all the track position and cost him nearly 20 spots. But he'd still be right in the thick of it if not for getting caught up in a wreck that was someone else's fault.

Luck? Did bad luck make Jimmie qualify outside the top 20 and run around there?... If he were fast enough to run up front he wouldn't have been in those messes.
He was moving through the field quickly before Biffle tboned him. :confused:

Hes had fast cars all year. Luck just has bit him time & time again. I know the feeling as a Gordon fan.

about the shifter, Im still not certain that its the teams fault. No evidence suggest it except for the theory that its a HMS thing because teammates had the same issue months apart.

The speeds have went up like 4mph at most tracks compared to the beginning of the season. That is the difference between Kevin Harvick type speed and a front row car. Some teams have gotten faster, some a lot faster and others not so much. Dale jr has been off too since the start of the summer. Saying Jimmie needs a perfect car is a joke. They are pretty much the best at making adjustments during the race in the business. The problem is when the car is 15th in speed and Jimmie is running 20th. The cars drive different back there. If you were him you would be frustratd too.

I hope Kasey sneaks through and wins it all to shut up all the people who act like its a 3 car team.

I hope Kasey pushes Dale Jr to the victory so that it is a 3-car team of Gordon, Kahne & Earnhardt Jr into the next round. ;)
I also just want him to win so I can use this image in the Kasey Kahne thread.
drop-da-mic.jpg

Hate the bandwagon fans not the driver. I could never bring myself to root for an R'hardt because of their bandwagon fans. I'd like to see Jimmie pull off a victory at Dega and grab another brass ring to top this season off on because he's a hometown kid from the "Other South" as I refer to it. :punkrocke

The speeds have went up like 4mph at most tracks compared to the beginning of the season. That is the difference between Kevin Harvick type speed and a front row car. Some teams have gotten faster, some a lot faster and others not so much. Dale jr has been off too since the start of the summer. Saying Jimmie needs a perfect car is a joke. They are pretty much the best at making adjustments during the race in the business. The problem is when the car is 15th in speed and Jimmie is running 20th. The cars drive different back there. If you were him you would be frustratd too.

And when Chad isn't able to make adequate adjustments to the car, Jimmie complains and implodes. Did you not hear their extensive radio conversation Saturday night? That is not a rare occurrence; it happens every week that the car is "off."

One bad qualifying run doesn't change the fact that Jimmie wouldn't be in this position if it wasn't for really bad luck.

Last week, sure Chad as stupid to give away all the track position and cost him nearly 20 spots. But he'd still be right in the thick of it if not for getting caught up in a wreck that was someone else's fault.
Yeah.. just one lol... and whats ur excuse for him running 21st for half the race?

Yeah.. just one lol... and whats ur excuse for him running 21st for half the race?
anybody running back there wouldnt have much fun with the handling of the car. It's just the way these car's packages are set up now.

And when Chad isn't able to make adequate adjustments to the car, Jimmie complains and implodes. Did you not hear their extensive radio conversation Saturday night? That is not a rare occurrence; it happens every week that the car is "off."
Maybe we are seeing how much is the car and how much is the driver?

He was moving through the field quickly before Biffle tboned him. :confused:

Why was he moving up from the back?

Hes had fast cars all year. Luck just has bit him time & time again. I know the feeling as a Gordon fan.

Love these 48 excuses. Keep them coming.

about the shifter, Im still not certain that its the teams fault. No evidence suggest it except for the theory that its a HMS thing because teammates had the same issue months apart.

This is classic. You aren't sure the failure of a shifter made by HMS is actually their fault?:rolleyes:

Well.. seems to me thats Chad's fault. If you don't have the raw speed... you need to work on making it run in traffic. Fail on both ends.
To be fair, Jimmie was back up to 4th before that final caution and bad call cost them a good finish. On the radio Chad said to Jimmie to pit because everybody else would, to which Jimmie replied something along the lines of "that's not what I was thinking but you know everything (sarcasm) so okay." This is not how teams should be operating, and not how Chad and Jimmie communicated during their championship-winning years. The fact that they aren't winning as much or being as dominant as usual is obviously wearing both of them down.

Back
Top Bottom