Jimmie Johnson

The great strength of multi car teams is that when one or more are running well , the others can use the set up info to run better too. The downfall seems to be that sometimes (like Roush ) when they start running poorly , they all go down hill . It must be hard for the crew chiefs to go their own way and not look over the others' shoulders .

Posted this in another thread...

The media wants JR not JJ to advance

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...hardt-jr-not-jimmie-johnson-to-advance-101414
Stupid article, IMO. People aren't going to not attend a race because Jr. doesn't have a chance to win the championship. People go to races to watch the race; I'd rather go to a race and see Jimmie win even if he's knocked out then see him settle for a "good points day" while fighting for a championship.

The moment you write off JJ and Chad is the moment you've forgotten just what they are capable of. Those are 2 guys I'll never discount until they've retired from the sport.
You can write them off from a championship this year barring a win Sunday or some extremely good luck regarding incidents involving the current top 8.

You can write them off from a championship this year barring a win Sunday or some extremely good luck regarding incidents involving the current top 8.

I'll write them off after the checkered flag. All it takes is somebody to throw a block at the front and poof, half the field is gone. Plus, Jimmie can win at plate races, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him pull it off.

Exactly. Jimmie had more control over his destiny last week than he does this week. Talladega will be a crapshoot.
Yup.. I was worried about this race from the 500 until Kansas 2 lol

Anyone as much of a shot as anyone to win.. or finish last. It's gonna be entertaining to follow it I know that much.

Anyone can win at plate races lol

Just like every other race right? Except why is it that the elite drivers and teams always seem to win? This notion that any scrub can win a plate race, is along the same lines as road course ringers do better than the regulars. They still need a ton of luck and everything to line up perfectly for them.

Have there been some oddball/first time winners over the years? Sure, but there's also been a whole lot of JJ, Kenseth and other top guys winning too. So suffice to say, I'm not expecting David Gilliland or Reed Sorenson to win on Sunday, but rather I'd bet on somebody like Jimmie or Kenseth.

Just like every other race right? Except why is it that the elite drivers and teams always seem to win? This notion that any scrub can win a plate race, is along the same lines as road course ringers do better than the regulars. They still need a ton of luck and everything to line up perfectly for them.

Have there been some oddball/first time winners over the years? Sure, but there's also been a whole lot of JJ, Kenseth and other top guys winning too. So suffice to say, I'm not expecting David Gilliland or Reed Sorenson to win on Sunday, but rather I'd bet on somebody like Jimmie or Kenseth.
Well of course your going to bet on the guys with the best stats and the best cars.. but you're going to tell me that a no-name back runner is just as likely to win on any other track as they are here? I don't buy it. I will say that there has been more surprise winners at Daytona, but I look at the two as the same deal. Michael Waltrip would have won that race if the big name driver didn't knock out half the field. I mean come on.. that guy's races since 1985 and has only won on plate tracks. Obviously the big name drivers are more likely to win sunday... but if there's a race there will be an upset with a non chaser winning.. this is probably it.

Last edited:
So suffice to say, I'm not expecting David Gilliland or Reed Sorenson to win on Sunday, but rather I'd bet on somebody like Jimmie or Kenseth.
Or Jeff Gordon. As on fire as he's been this year with a little luck he could nail it. After all, look how many restrictor plate races he's won over the years.

I agree . People say anybody COULD win it . But one of the favorites likely WILL win it . Trevor Bayne and Timmy Hill WILL be among the lowest finishers .

I hope Kasey pushes Dale Jr to the victory so that it is a 3-car team of Gordon, Kahne & Earnhardt Jr into the next round. ;)

If Kahne draft pushes Jr or JJ to the checkers it would probably sacrifice him from making the next round.
Points wise he is currently the 8th place or p8 car, and could be eliminated if Kenseth p9 simply gains two points on him.

He probably will not catch Hamlin +17, Gordon +18 , Edwards +20, Newman +21, or Kyle Busch +26. They must have a bad race for him to become P7 and safe from one of the current p9-12 cars winning their way into the next round.

So I wouldn't expect to much help from Kahne he has to much to worry about on his own. Gordon or one of the other HMS satellite concubine team members will be the best push options for Jr or JJ.

If Kahne draft pushes Jr or JJ to the checkers it would probably sacrifice him from making the next round.
Points wise he is currently the 8th place or p8 car, and could be eliminated if Kenseth p9 simply gains two points on him.

He probably will not catch Hamlin +17, Gordon +18 , Edwards +20, Newman +21, or Kyle Busch +26. They must have a bad race for him to become P7 and safe from one of the current p9-12 cars winning their way into the next round.

So I wouldn't expect to much help from Kahne he has to much to worry about on his own. Gordon or one of the other HMS satellite concubine team members will be the best push options for Jr or JJ.
If Kahne pushes Jr. to the win I'm betting Kenseth or Hamlin don't finish second. Kahne still makes the Chase. :p

Last edited:
Jimmie Johnson is starting 2nd at Dega! Can he pull off a win!? TUNE IN NEXT TIME, SAME RACE TIME, SAME RACE CHANNEL!

pickin 48 ta win dega .......new gold horseshoe !

bad luck lookin for new victims tomorrow.

Jimmie best not count on Gordon to help him at any point during the race.

Gordon will be around 30-35th place all race long.

Only way I see him getting racy and brave is if 2 of the 4 wreck and he'd be in for sure. Otherwise, dude will be in protection mode.

Jimmie best not count on Gordon to help him at any point during the race.

Gordon will be around 30-35th place all race long.

Only way I see him getting racy and brave is if 2 of the 4 wreck and he'd be in for sure. Otherwise, dude will be in protection mode.
I remember several years ago Gordon had the car to beat @ dega & all he did for the first 2/3 of the race was drive to the front just to drop back & team up with Jimmie. It was ****** annoying. Neither one if them won either.

I remember several years ago Gordon had the car to beat @ dega & all he did for the first 2/3 of the race was drive to the front just to drop back & team up with Jimmie. It was ******* annoying. Neither one if them won either.

Well, he is the owner of the #48 so that makes sense.

These threads are sad and painful but I read them for the facepalm. The reasonable comments get buried by the blathering idiot assumptions based on nothing factual.

Wait a minute...did I just describe every NASCAR forum I've ever read? Yes I did.

I remember several years ago Gordon had the car to beat @ dega & all he did for the first 2/3 of the race was drive to the front just to drop back & team up with Jimmie. It was ******* annoying. Neither one if them won either.
I realise there is a lot of distance between Jeff and Danica...but if he could some how get close enough to get in her draft then maybe she could take him to the front.:D

I'll be honest, I'm not surprised Johnson is eliminated, this hadn't exactly been one of his best years. Ah well, maybe in 2015 he'll win Championship #7.

Now to cheer for Kyle Larson's first win.

Nope, just think it's a dick move to brag about a driver's elimination in a thread that's meant for the driver's fans.
He doesnt even have a driver. He pulled for JJ for a few weeks leading up to the chase oddly enough. Now he mocks him hoping to get a rise out of his fans.

Its Andy. Everyone here is still confused to how he's still allowed to post here. Dont mind him.

Johnson had a good run. Bad luck just took him out several weeks. He'll be back on top next year. Probably gonna be tough to beat at M'ville next weekend.

These threads are sad and painful but I read them for the facepalm. The reasonable comments get buried by the blathering idiot assumptions based on nothing factual.

Wait a minute...did I just describe every NASCAR forum I've ever read? Yes I did.

BAM . There's the Matthew we love .

Back
Top Bottom