Jimmie Johnson

So what do y'all think will happen to the Hendricks team in the off season? Are we going to see a shake-up in the HMS garage? I mean three HMS drivers (including Johnson) got eliminated after the second round of races. That gotta sting pretty badly.

So what do y'all think will happen to the Hendricks team in the off season? Are we going to see a shake-up in the HMS garage? I mean three HMS drivers (including Johnson) got eliminated after the second round of races. That gotta sting pretty badly.
what more could they do? It just didn't work out. it happens.

Once again HMS is given the death knell. Do you guys really think there finished? They will be back stronger than ever.

Funny, the biggest troll on this forum accusing someone else of being a troll.
LOL no. Try again. Im argumentative. But I dont bring topics up for the sole purpose of getting an annoyed reaction by my peers that amuses me.

Jimmie put on a helluva drive today, kudos to him for driving hard and putting on a show for the fans instead of riding in the back taking a Sunday cruise. He'll be his normal dominant self next year

Jimmie put on a helluva drive today, kudos to him for driving hard and putting on a show for the fans instead of riding in the back taking a Sunday cruise. He'll be his normal dominant self next year

Yea, his post-race interview was a real class act and he laid it out. He's not going to win every championship battle. He'd like to, but with 30 years of racing under his belt, he only won six big one. I think in the remainder of 2014, he'll try to race for a few more wins, then in the off season, his team will work on what needs to be worked on, and come back in 2015 stronger than ever. The Drive for Se7en isn't over yet. :)

Yea, his post-race interview was a real class act and he laid it out. He's not going to win every championship battle. He'd like to, but with 30 years of racing under his belt, he only won six big one. I think in the remainder of 2014, he'll try to race for a few more wins, then in the off season, his team will work on what needs to be worked on, and come back in 2015 stronger than ever. The Drive for Se7en isn't over yet. :)
Hopefully the team will just lay it all out there for the remainder of the season now that the pressure of trying to win the championship is gone.

Hopefully the team will just lay it all out there for the remainder of the season now that the pressure of trying to win the championship is gone.

Unfortunately, I can see Hendricks putting most of the HMS resources behind Gordon since he's the only Hendricks driver still in The Chase, which means Johnson may not be as competitive as he could be.

//
So, we can only comment on a Jimmie Johnson thread if we're speaking positively about him? But speaking negatively about Joey Logano, Danica Patrick and Kyle Busch in threads devoted to those drivers is fair game? :confused:

I think its the negative comments directed at posters thats not allowed

Unfortunately, I can see Hendricks putting most of the HMS resources behind Gordon since he's the only Hendricks driver still in The Chase, which means Johnson may not be as competitive as he could be.
with top teams, I won't and never will buy the all the resources deal. They are full of all the resources for every team they have IMO. Hendrick has a bunch of old dogs in the sport, Jimmy said it best in his interview, they will do what they always do and hope for the best. Racing luck and situations didn't work out this year for the 48, led more laps at Dega than they had led combined all year shows how off they were. He had it going for a while and I thought they might pull off a win, but he didn't get any pushers when he went for the lead at the last. It will be interesting to see what happens to the 48 team with the pressure off.

Johnson really showed some gritty resolve and gave it everything they had, but he just came up a little short.

I don't think it was meant to be anyways. Even though HMS had a clear HP advantage throughout the year, the 48 team was never really able to get the handling dialed in (outside of a 2 month period during the summer). Harvick, Logano, Kez and Gordon have all performed more consistently throughout the year and are more deserving of moving on.

I'd expect that 48 team to go back to the lab, work on a few things and come back strong as ever next year. I also think Jimmie is going to win Martinsville, just a hunch though.

I believe that is referred to as the shoe being on the other foot.

Johnson really showed some gritty resolve and gave it everything they had, but he just came up a little short.

I don't think it was meant to be anyways. Even though HMS had a clear HP advantage throughout the year, the 48 team was never really able to get the handling dialed in (outside of a 2 month period during the summer). Harvick, Logano, Kez and Gordon have all performed more consistently throughout the year and are more deserving of moving on.

I'd expect that 48 team to go back to the lab, work on a few things and come back strong as ever next year. I also think Jimmie is going to win Martinsville, just a hunch though.
This happens all the time, probably won't change any of the "he gets the good stuff now" people. Like somehow teams build a slow car and a fast car and they pick who drives what? Maybe they flip or draw straws or something. I can see moving personel around to get a better mix. but parts are parts with the big boys. Johnson and all the others have multiple cars to pick from for every race they run. I hope the 48 crew gets it together and finishes the season on a positive note.

If I was Jeff Gordon , I'd be wantin that 48 pit crew for the playoffs .

This happens all the time, probably won't change any of the "he gets the good stuff now" people. Like somehow teams build a slow car and a fast car and they pick who drives what? Maybe they flip or draw straws or something. I can see moving personel around to get a better mix. but parts are parts with the big boys. Johnson and all the others have multiple cars to pick from for every race they run. I hope the 48 crew gets it together and finishes the season on a positive note.

Yep, your other post was bang on too. HMS has plenty of resources for all their teams. Maybe at some smaller teams that might be an issue but definitely not at HMS.

I've also said in the past that perhaps the personnel ie pit crews might not all be on equal footing. However the equipment certainly is, they have control over that and they don't send any of their drivers out there with "lesser" stuff than the others, that's just ridiculous. As if now that Jimmie is out, well they'll just take out his flux capacitor and put it in Gordon's car haha, good for an extra 10 HP LOL

Yep, your other post was bang on too. HMS has plenty of resources for all their teams. Maybe at some smaller teams that might be an issue but definitely not at HMS.

I've also said in the past that perhaps the personnel ie pit crews might not all be on equal footing. However the equipment certainly is, they have control over that and they don't send any of their drivers out there with "lesser" stuff than the others, that's just ridiculous. As if now that Jimmie is out, well they'll just take out his flux capacitor and put it in Gordon's car haha, good for an extra 10 HP LOL

Jeff should be entitled to use Jimmie's traction control device , he's part owner of the 48 for pete sake.

So we all know that Johnson didn't get any help pushing at the end of Dega because he got racey too early in the race. Do you think that's done and over with, or should Johnson expect more retaliation from the other drivers?

I don't think that. He thought Kurt Busch being a Hendrick esk car would pull out with him. That is what he said anyway. Kez said over the radio numerous times he wasn't going to push him, can't blame him for that. Plate racing is all it was IMO.

So we all know that Johnson didn't get any help pushing at the end of Dega because he got racey too early in the race. Do you think that's done and over with, or should Johnson expect more retaliation from the other drivers?

Not sure if serious...

I don't think that. He thought Kurt Busch being a Hendrick esk car would pull out with him. That is what he said anyway. Kez said over the radio numerous times he wasn't going to push him, can't blame him for that. Plate racing is all it was IMO.

Heard that too, and I chuckled. Come on Jimmie, as if you actually expected Kurt of all people to push you because he's in a Hendrick car. How many favours have those two EVER done for each other?

Nope, just think it's a dick move to brag about a driver's elimination in a thread that's meant for the driver's fans.
Who says it's meant for the drivers fans? It's a "Jimmie Johnson" thread .. not a "Jimmie Johnson's Fans Thread"

Maybe try making a new one.. you can call it "Nice Things About Jimmie Johnson" :D

another bad outing
T7juDEb.gif

What in the hell happened to him yesterday. All MRN said Was "JJ goes behind the wall into the garage. We'll learn more about that in a second". & they never said another word about it.

What in the hell happened to him yesterday. All MRN said Was "JJ goes behind the wall into the garage. We'll learn more about that in a second". & they never said another word about it.

He got the front of his car damaged real bad on a restart.

JJ chased Chad thru the garage with his car, then jumped him between the haulers and put him in a headlock.....wait, was that this week?

It's just red, white and blue. Patriotic.
The paint scheme for Texas is a specific tie-in with Lowe's red vest colors or something. It's at least better than that awful puke-green scheme the car ran last year. The video posted above is not the car that's going to be run this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom