Joey Logano

nah, tell that to Larson, more a matter of wrong team, he didn't get any help/support from the other drivers on the team. He tore up Nationwide and before that ARCA so it wasn't the driver.
I'll give u that... but also, Larson is a few years older than Joey was, and with a bit more NNS experience at the time. Not sure the difference between 18 and 21 would be that big. Dont really care anymore lol I dont need to.

ByIzM6mIEAAQnrV.jpg:large

I'm an equal opportunity poster. I post stuff about all drivers. Even the ones I don't regularly root for.

The check is in the mail, right Slice?

Wait, did I just type that out loud?
:D :D

Gibbs Biggest Mistake? Letting Logano go has proved to be an error.

Article Link
I know you didn't write and don't necessarily even agree with that article, but I don't know if I'd call Gibbs dropping Logano his biggest mistake. I mean, he did get Matt Kenseth, which has to be considered an upgrade by anyone that's followed NASCAR anytime before this year.

Joey was struggling at JGR and is now thriving in a different environment and with a different team. There's no guarantee that he would be on the same level he's at right now if he had stayed where he was.

I know you didn't write and don't necessarily even agree with that article, but I don't know if I'd call Gibbs dropping Logano a mistake. I mean, he did get Matt Kenseth, which has to be considered an upgrade by anyone that's followed NASCAR anytime before this year.

Joey was struggling at JGR and is now thriving in a different environment and with a different team. There's no guarantee that he would be on the same level he's at right now if he had stayed where he was.
I think Matt replacing Joey in the 20 was a win-win for both guys. Joey wasn't a good fit at JGR, and things were getting a bit stale for Matt at RFR. Both drivers benefitted from the change of scenery.

Ah yes, the worm has turned. From Penske taking a risk (what was he thinking?) to Gibbs has made a mistake..Doubt if Joey would have had much success at Gibbs no matter how long he stayed IMO. The personalities over there didn't fit together and probably never will.

With the new rules package next year, itll be interesting to see how much of Joey's success belongs to his engineers or his hands.

That goes for anyone who is having big success this year really, but this is Joey's breakout season.

Same can be said for Harvick.

I would say last year because he only did record one win, but he was much better than Brad last year and beat him soundly out of the chase picture.

All I can say is that the first quarter of next year will be interesting and it will tell who will be able to adjust to the rules quicker. Without private sessions either, it will be interesting to see who can deal without testing and who needs it. Make the field a bit more even over the long run.

I would say last year because he only did record one win, but he was much better than Brad last year and beat him soundly out of the chase picture.

All I can say is that the first quarter of next year will be interesting and it will tell who will be able to adjust to the rules quicker. Without private sessions either, it will be interesting to see who can deal without testing and who needs it. Make the field a bit more even over the long run.
I think the ones who can adjust their cars from inside the ****pit the best will be the winners of the first quarter of next season. Personally, I dont like that rule. But it is what it is.

With the new rules package next year, itll be interesting to see how much of Joey's success belongs to his engineers or his hands.

I don't have a clue how anybody will be able to tell that. But that won't matter around here. The crews won't have the lever hooked up to anything anyway for the driver to monkey with.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't say he SOUNDLY beat him last year. Brad had speed last year he just had bad luck, and he won as many races as joey.

Gibbs Biggest Mistake? Letting Logano go has proved to be an error.

Article Link

They also turned down Brad in 2009.

The writer doesn't seem to have a clue. First off, Gibbs didn't dump Joey, Home depot did. Gibbs was willing to fund Logano in a fulltime NW ride until they could get him a Cup sponsor. 2nd, Matt has won more races since the switch. 3rd, he fails to mention Toyota and Gibbs are way off this year, while Penske is hot. Lastly, the key to Logano going to Penske was Brad, not Roger.

Last edited:

Logano made the chase in the midst of all the spin-gate non-sense. Brad's chase hopes ended when his R/Y engine blew while dominating Atlanta late in the race.

He fought off Brad in 2 or 3 of them, passed Jeff Gordon for 2, and beat Harvick 7 times on restarts last week. Not saying the Penske cars aren't helping because obviously the car needs to be right... but engineers don't go through the gears for you or decide to not push the issue knowing Kenseth was slower at Bristol.. Joey has driven his ass of for these wins... remember when he lost the lead to Gordon at Texas with 2 to go and came back by him at the white flag?... there's no way that's all car.

It's both the driver and the car. You're only as good as your equipment will allow you to be, and Joey and his equipment have been very good this year.

True. Never seen an empty car win a race.

Next year, the drivers will be able to adjust track bar inside the car. Dave Rogers was hoping they would enable him to adjust the driver from the box.

It's both the driver and the car. You're only as good as your equipment will allow you to be, and Joey and his equipment have been very good this year.

I guess Denny and Kyle denied that privilege at JGR. The driver was decent, but I guess he was given the "R&D car".

I wonder why Kurt didn't do what Logano is doing for Penske?

Are you saying Logano is better than him then?

First off, ridiculous assumption if so. No disrespect to you.

You have to take into account that these guys are running a different racing package AND new cars these days than they did back in 2006 through however long that period lasted with the COT.

Overall, Penske has gotten better. There is no doubt about that. Newman himself couldn't do a whole lot at the end of his career with Penske either. Niether could Rusty so..

Are you saying Logano is better than him then?

First off, ridiculous assumption if so. No disrespect to you.

You have to take into account that these guys are running a different racing package AND new cars these days than they did back in 2006 through however long that period lasted with the COT.

Overall, Penske has gotten better. There is no doubt about that. Newman himself couldn't do a whole lot at the end of his career with Penske either. Niether could Rusty so..

Oh yeah, what's your excuse for Kurt THIS year with the #4 running so well? When Kurt was at Penske, he did little to make the team better. Instead, he screamed his head off. Brad worked with his team and showed what Penske can do with a driver that believes in team work.

There is no question Logano is far better at working with his team to improve his car than Kurt ever was.

Oh yeah, what's your excuse for Kurt THIS year with the #4 running so well? When Kurt was at Penske, he did little to make the team better. Instead, he screamed his head off. Brad worked with his team and showed what Penske can do with a driver that believes in team work.

There is no question Logano is far better at working with his team to improve his car than Kurt ever was.

Dont let the Kurt hate cloud your judgement Bumper man, please.

I dont really care for Kurt either but you cant argue head to head (As far as who's the better talent) which is what I asked the other poster.

I could ask you the same question, what's your excuse for Martin Truex barely hanging on a ride Kurt made look good last year?

I agree with you on the last part of your post, however. But not because Joey is a car genius that knows exactly what's wrong with his car. Rather because Kurt is an immature tool--there is alot that goes into that. First of all, if your car is good to begin with, you dont need much adjustments, do you?

Those Penske cars are getting excellent cars off the trailer so the adjustments are minimized, agree or no?

got that right, I think at testing they both put their heads together and worked to improve the cars. I've heard more then once during practices also that they say the are using a different setup than the other to see what works and what doesn't. They are working harder and smarter than the field right now IMO

Dont let the Kurt hate cloud your judgement Bumper man, please.

I dont really care for Kurt either but you cant argue head to head (As far as who's the better talent) which is what I asked the other poster.

I could ask you the same question, what's your excuse for Martin Truex barely hanging on a ride Kurt made look good last year?

I agree with you on the last part of your post, however. But not because Joey is a car genius that knows exactly what's wrong with his car. Rather because Kurt is an immature tool--there is alot that goes into that. First of all, if your car is good to begin with, you dont need much adjustments, do you?

Those Penske cars are getting excellent cars off the trailer so the adjustments are minimized, agree or no?

Don't let Kurt love feed you lame excuses to pass along. *Waits for explanation / excuse of why Kurt is running so bad with SHR*

Kurt is THE best wheelman in nascar, but terrible at making the car good enough to keep up WITHOUT driving sideways.

got that right, I think at testing they both put their heads together and worked to improve the cars. I've heard more then once during practices also that they say the are using a different setup than the other to see what works and what doesn't. They are working harder and smarter than the field right now IMO

When Kurt was at Penske and Brad started beating him in the same cars, all he did was complain that the team wasn't giving him what he asked for. :rolleyes:

Don't let Kurt love feed you lame excuses to pass along. *Waits for explanation / excuse of why Kurt is running so bad with SHR*

Kurt is THE best wheelman in nascar, but terrible at making the car good enough to keep up WITHOUT driving sideways.

Well that's really self explanatory isn't it?

He's getting something called..wait for it...****t cars. You know, same cars Joey was getting at Gibbs which I'm sure were actually decent, driveable cars. :rolleyes:

When Kurt was at Penske and Brad started beating him in the same cars, all he did was complain that the team wasn't giving him what he asked for. :rolleyes:

Brad: 1 Championship, 15 wins
Kurt: 1 Championship, 25 wins

Joey: Maybe later, kid.

Back
Top Bottom