Joey Logano

Well that's really self explanatory isn't it?

He's getting something called..wait for it...****t cars. You know, same cars Joey was getting at Gibbs which I'm sure were actually decent, driveable cars. :rolleyes:

So we agree, there's no excuse for Kurt this time. Cool. Now lets work on those Penske excuses you offer up.

Brad: 189 starts, 1 Championship, 15 wins
Kurt: 499 starts, 1 Championship, 25 wins

Joey: 4 wins in 2014
Kurt: Maybe later.

:p

Brad: 189 starts, 1 Championship, 15 wins
Kurt: 499 starts, 1 Championship, 25 wins

Joey: 4 wins in 2014
Kurt: Maybe later.

:p

But them starts for Kurt tho.

Seriously, I think Kurt should have stayed at Furniture Row. It was a perfect situation where he would essentially run the show and the team could develop the car as seen fit. Yes, it might be a bit more difficult. Yet I think it was the perfect situation because they had RCRs partnership and with Kurt's ability... They could have won a couple of races this year because honestly Truex Jr has had some solid races, but he was nowhere close to where Kurt was last year.

Clearly Joe Gibbs has no idea what he's doing and needs to hang it up. Now he's gone out and gotten Carl Edwards.

What a fool.

Does JGR have the resources to field 4 consistently competitive cars ? Unless something changes I dont believe they can. It almost seemed like Joey was the "testing guy" at JGR, who will it be now

Team Penske Extends Agreement with Joey Logano
September 25, 2014

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (September 25, 2014) – Team Penske announced today that it has signed multiple-race winner and 2014 NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup contender, Joey Logano, to a contract extension.
Under the new multi-year agreement, Logano will continue behind the wheel of the No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford Fusion in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) and the No. 22 Discount Tire / Hertz Ford Mustang in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) for Team Penske.
“Joey Logano has been everything we hoped he would be, both as a driver and as a representative of our organization and for our partners,” said Roger Penske. “He continues to put points on the board for us and the continuity and chemistry he has developed within the team has been terrific. We believe he can be a leader and championship-level driver for Team Penske for years to come.”

Already a seven-year NASCAR veteran, the 24-year-old has proven to be an elite driver. Throughout the course of his career, Logano has produced seven NSCS wins and 21 NNS victories. Since joining Team Penske at the start of the 2013 NASCAR season, Logano has enjoyed the best two-year stretch of his young career, earning five NSCS wins and three NNS victories.
The native of Middletown, Conn., has earned a spot in his second-consecutive Chase for the Sprint Cup in 2014. His four NSCS wins – at Texas Motor Speedway, Richmond International Raceway, Bristol Motor Speedway and New Hampshire Motor Speedway – reflect a career high in race victories for one season. Those wins, along with a career best 12 top-five and 17 top-10 finishes through the season’s first 28 races driving the Shell-Pennzoil Ford Fusion, helped Logano earn the fifth seed to begin the Chase playoff format. In addition to his success this season, Logano helped Team Penske secure the 2013 NASCAR Nationwide Series Owner’s Championship with three series wins.

“I am fortunate and excited to be a part of Team Penske for the foreseeable future,” said Logano, currently ranked second in the Chase standings after his victory last weekend at New Hampshire. “Mr. Penske gives us everything we need to keep our eye on the prize and compete for wins and championships. I think that is clear by the number of wins we have across the board this year. I’m fortunate to represent great companies like Ford, Shell-Pennzoil, AAA, AutoTrader.com, Discount Tire, Hertz and all of the great partners we have here at Team Penske. I think our best years are in front of us for sure.”

--------------------------------------------------

In honor of Reek, I have to ask why the hell didn't Roger give Kurt what he needed to succeed at Penske?

THIS guy
dr-phil.jpg
should have been on the pit box. He wasn't. Kurt failed. It's Rogers fault.

@joeylogano

Pretty excited about my future with @Team_Penske and with @shellracingus @DiscountTire @Hertz and @FordRacing. Time to get it done for RP!

"Already a seven-year NASCAR veteran, the 24-year-old has proven to be an elite driver. Throughout the course of his career, Logano has produced seven NSCS wins and 21 NNS victories. Since joining Team Penske at the start of the 2013 NASCAR season, Logano has enjoyed the best two-year stretch of his young career, earning five NSCS wins and three NNS victories."
Again, I know you didn't write that article, and this is a small gripe, but let's not get carried away here. I like Joey, and I feel that he's shown that he's a good driver and is having a great, breakout season this year, but elite? I think it's a little early to be claiming that.

He'll certainly get there if he can maintain anything close to the high level he's been on this year, but this is only one season. (He did aight last year, but not amazing by any means.)

We'll see, the verdict is still out on Joey. No doubt in my mind he is a very good driver, but to say he is in the same class as a JJ, Gordon, or Harvick?

Not sure about that yet, but it just makes me scratch my head about his tenure at JGR. It just seems like potential was wasted during the time, but I think Joey has the potential to be darn good even great in the future. 2015 is going to be a huge year for him to follow up the success of this year.

We'll see, the verdict is still out on Joey. No doubt in my mind he is a very good driver, but to say he is in the same class as a JJ, Gordon, or Harvick?

Not sure about that yet, but it just makes me scratch my head about his tenure at JGR. It just seems like potential was wasted during the time, but I think Joey has the potential to be darn good even great in the future. 2015 is going to be a huge year for him to follow up the success of this year.

Joey was a sidekick for the 2 JGR wankers who were always on the radio yelling 'tell joey to do this' so they could win. Denny especially took advantage of the kid, even when Joey was about to lose his ride. Ran over the kids front end on a M'ville GWC in 2010 to deny him a win.

Well looks like Joey's packing it in for the cup race. 100% certain he'll win the nationwide race though

Team Penske Extends Agreement with Joey Logano
September 25, 2014

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (September 25, 2014) – Team Penske announced today that it has signed multiple-race winner and 2014 NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup contender, Joey Logano, to a contract extension.
Under the new multi-year agreement, Logano will continue behind the wheel of the No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil Ford Fusion in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) and the No. 22 Discount Tire / Hertz Ford Mustang in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) for Team Penske.
“Joey Logano has been everything we hoped he would be, both as a driver and as a representative of our organization and for our partners,” said Roger Penske. “He continues to put points on the board for us and the continuity and chemistry he has developed within the team has been terrific. We believe he can be a leader and championship-level driver for Team Penske for years to come.”

Already a seven-year NASCAR veteran, the 24-year-old has proven to be an elite driver. Throughout the course of his career, Logano has produced seven NSCS wins and 21 NNS victories. Since joining Team Penske at the start of the 2013 NASCAR season, Logano has enjoyed the best two-year stretch of his young career, earning five NSCS wins and three NNS victories.
The native of Middletown, Conn., has earned a spot in his second-consecutive Chase for the Sprint Cup in 2014. His four NSCS wins – at Texas Motor Speedway, Richmond International Raceway, Bristol Motor Speedway and New Hampshire Motor Speedway – reflect a career high in race victories for one season. Those wins, along with a career best 12 top-five and 17 top-10 finishes through the season’s first 28 races driving the Shell-Pennzoil Ford Fusion, helped Logano earn the fifth seed to begin the Chase playoff format. In addition to his success this season, Logano helped Team Penske secure the 2013 NASCAR Nationwide Series Owner’s Championship with three series wins.

“I am fortunate and excited to be a part of Team Penske for the foreseeable future,” said Logano, currently ranked second in the Chase standings after his victory last weekend at New Hampshire. “Mr. Penske gives us everything we need to keep our eye on the prize and compete for wins and championships. I think that is clear by the number of wins we have across the board this year. I’m fortunate to represent great companies like Ford, Shell-Pennzoil, AAA, AutoTrader.com, Discount Tire, Hertz and all of the great partners we have here at Team Penske. I think our best years are in front of us for sure.”

--------------------------------------------------

In honor of Reek, I have to ask why the hell didn't Roger give Kurt what he needed to succeed at Penske?

THIS guy
dr-phil.jpg
should have been on the pit box. He wasn't. Kurt failed. It's Rogers fault.

I resent this Bumper man. :mad:

Kyle made the strange observation that Penske didn't get good until Logano arrived. He didn't mention how bad JGR got when Logano left.

Kyle made the strange observation that Penske didn't get good until Logano arrived. He didn't mention how bad JGR got when Logano left.
Did Kyle forget how Penske won the cup the year before he got there? Lol.. and that Kenseth finsihed 2nd the following year? Just sayin... not that I disagree.. but I mean hey... facts right?

Did Kyle forget how Penske won the cup the year before he got there? Lol.. and that Kenseth finsihed 2nd the following year? Just sayin... not that I disagree.. but I mean hey... facts right?

Kyle has a deep hatred for Kez, so that was probably a dig at him. Everyone knew getting up to speed with Ford would take some time.

I was surprised to hear Logano say he usually ends up using Brads setup more often than Brad uses his. Logano used to say he drove more like Kyle than Denny, but it seems he realized that isn't so.

Kyle has a deep hatred for Kez, so that was probably a dig at him. Everyone knew getting up to speed with Ford would take some time.

I was surprised to hear Logano say he usually ends up using Brads setup more often than Brad uses his. Logano used to say he drove more like Kyle than Denny, but it seems he realized that isn't so.

I think he did at first but he found a happy medium and got his own style. He is abit agressive although not as much as Kyle or Brad. I dont know where Denny enters in this discussion though. Denny is abit overrated. Seems like if he doesn't have a perfect car he will do his damn best to take himself out because he doesn't want to deal with a bad car.

I think he did at first but he found a happy medium and got his own style. He is abit agressive although not as much as Kyle or Brad. I dont know where Denny enters in this discussion though. Denny is abit overrated. Seems like if he doesn't have a perfect car he will do his damn best to take himself out because he doesn't want to deal with a bad car.

He's inconsistent but it's hard to call a driver with 25 cup wins overrated. He's not jeff gordon but he's still really good probably the tier right below him

I think Denny woke up for this week, he ran well in practice and qualified well. I think being in the bucket going into the first round and hearing the pitter patter of young feet behind him might have had something to do with it.

It's possible that Hamlin wasn't able to recover from a broken back as quickly as some of his critics could have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Denny was an awesome talent. IMO, he hasn't mentally recovered from blowing a sure championship in 2010. As soon as he lost the 20+ point lead his brain disconnected. One thing he's right about, JGR sucks in the chase. Too many odd ball things happen in that organization. Kyle had a chase ruined by a loose nut (how appropriate) and a wrapper left on an air filter. o_O

Denny was a real contender in 2012 until a faulty kill switch ended his day at M'ville, and now a gas cap hurt him bad. Lets see if he just drives smart at Dover or caves in again.

Back
Top Bottom