Joey Logano

Denny was an awesome talent. IMO, he hasn't mentally recovered from blowing a sure championship in 2010. As soon as he lost the 20+ point lead his brain disconnected. One thing he's right about, JGR sucks in the chase. Too many odd ball things happen in that organization. Kyle had a chase ruined by a loose nut (how appropriate) and a wrapper left on an air filter. o_O

Denny was a real contender in 2012 until a faulty kill switch ended his day at M'ville, and now a gas cap hurt him bad. Lets see if he just drives smart at Dover or caves in again.
I hope he bombs... Kyle too.. maybe Matt as well.. not only because I dont like 2/3 of those guys very much but also because I would love to see AJ and Aric make it to the second round and stick to everyone who had them out after Dover... Almirola has impressed me so far in this chase and I always liked AJ, plus its nice to see a small team do good.

AJ and Aric would have zero chance at the championship if not for this ridiculous point system, so for that reason I hope they are the first to be eliminated.

I hope he bombs... Kyle too.. maybe Matt as well.. not only because I dont like 2/3 of those guys very much but also because I would love to see AJ and Aric make it to the second round and stick to everyone who had them out after Dover... Almirola has impressed me so far in this chase and I always liked AJ, plus its nice to see a small team do good.

Aric has driven well enough to be top 6 right now. He got bit by RY engines, which seem to blow up at the most inopportune times. I have to wonder how much longer Penske will be simply buying engines from them. 2 years ago I predicted we'll eventually see Roush-Yates-Penske engines sooner or later. If Penske has an engine failure in this chase, Roger will have the pull with Ford to get what he wants. Then again, engines are pretty much out of the equation next year.

Yes dear. You're right. :D
Fender after no ones looking :D

giphy.gif

It's possible that Hamlin wasn't able to recover from a broken back as quickly as some of his critics could have.
That's a fair point, but I don't think it's necessarily his back. He finished second at Darlington in his first full race after he got hurt.

As @FenderBumper pointed out, I think that Denny hasn't been the same since he lost that title in 2010. Also, perhaps even more importantly, JGR as a team hasn't really been up to snuff this year. Denny has no shortage of talent, and like plenty of other drivers in this series, give him a half-decent car and he'll usually give you a good finish. Give him a good car and he's as much of a threat to win as anyone else.

He's a headcase at times, but he won't stay down forever. Anyone that hates him like I used to better enjoy it while they can.

That's a fair point, but I don't think it's necessarily his back. He finished second at Darlington in his first full race after he got hurt.

As @FenderBumper pointed out, I think that Denny hasn't been the same since he lost that title in 2010. Also, perhaps even more importantly, JGR as a team hasn't really been up to snuff this year. Denny has no shortage of talent, and like plenty of other drivers in this series, give him a half-decent car and he'll usually give you a good finish. Give him a good car and he's as much of a threat to win as anyone else.

He's a headcase at times, but he won't stay down forever. Anyone that hates him like I used to better enjoy it while they can.

While I'd like to discuss this 2010 title theory, this is the Logano thread and I'd also like to respect that so maybe we can visit it another time, in another thread :)

While I'd like to discuss this 2010 title theory, this is the Logano thread and I'd also like to respect that so maybe we can visit it another time, in another thread :)
LOL. I think the powers that be gave up on this thread a long time ago.

Former teammate Denny Hamlin says he sees a different driver in Logano than the one who was at Joe Gibbs Racing.
“When he moved over to Penske and felt more comfortable in his role, I think he got better,’’ Hamlin said. “Obviously, their cars are extremely fast right now. Joey is a part of that. In my opinion, when he went over there is when Team Penske stepped up. I consider Joey at that same level that I consider Brad as a championship threat.’’

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASC...2014/09/Joey-Logano-Primed-For-Title-Run.aspx

First of all.. I want to point out that Joey finished 4th, 1st, and 4th in the first 3 rounds of the chase. In case anyone missed that.. only driver with 3 top 5's ;) :D

Also.. Joey's paint scheme for Charlotte

10268413_306247399568118_2764119449062523843_n.jpg

First of all.. I want to point out that Joey finished 4th, 1st, and 4th in the first 3 rounds of the chase. In case anyone missed that.. only driver with 3 top 5's ;) :D

Also.. Joey's paint scheme for Charlotte

10268413_306247399568118_2764119449062523843_n.jpg

Penske has won 4 out of the last 6 races, starting at Bristol. 2 and 2 tie. That car will probably be a color changer in daylight.

Back
Top Bottom