Joey Logano

I think having Ryan Blaney on the team is also going to help.
Human capital is just as if not more important than the equipment.. He's a great racer, if they hold on to him I think it will definitely be good for the team in the long run... they already obviously work well together.

On the team in spirit I guess

Probably if you could see behind the scenes you would see Roger Penske helping Brad K's truck team
that allows them to run pretty good. Part of that I am assuming was to help bring Ryan along. He must have seen what he likes cause the kid is now driving their Xfinity car. Brad's truck team now gets another young protege.

http://www.whelen.com/motorsports/article?a=378

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CHESTER, CT (December 3, 2014) - Whelen Engineering welcomes NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Joey Logano to its
family of motorsport partnerships. Logano, one of NASCAR’s brightest stars, is already a seven-year veteran at only 24 years of age with multiple victories under his belt. Logano holds the distinction as the youngest race winner, youngest pole winner and youngest Rookie of the Year in NASCAR’s top level, the Sprint Cup Series. In 2014, Logano set a career high in wins (5), top-5’s (16), top-10’s (22) and laps led (993) along with being part of the "Championship 4" in NASCAR’s inaugural Chase playoff system.

The partnership with Logano adds to Whelen’s NASCAR sponsorship portfolio. After sponsoring a NASCAR developmental series race team for ten years, Whelen became the entitlement sponsor of the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour and NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour in 2005. At the same time, Whelen also became the Official Warning Lights of NASCAR. In the 10 years since, fire, safety and ambulance vehicles at NASCAR events have been outfitted with Whelen warning lights, and race tracks across the United States and Canada have been featured Whelen caution control lights.

"Whelen Engineering has been known for years as the best in flashing warning lights, but we are also now designing and manufacturing illumination products with the same quality and attention to detail," said Whelen Engineering Vice President for Motorsports Phil Kurze. "Through our partnership with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Joey Logano, we look forward to expanding our brand in motorsports as Joey continues to win and run for Championships at NASCAR’s highest level."

"I’m really excited to grow our relationship with the Whelen team and racing community" said Logano. "We have worked together through efforts around the US Bobsled Team and Joey Logano Foundation over the last few years and looking forward to now partnering on the racing side. Whelen is based out of Connecticut, not far from where I grew up. They are great supporters of everything racing and I can’t wait to help them grow their brand and business in motorsports for many years to come."

http://www.whelen.com/motorsports/article?a=378

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CHESTER, CT (December 3, 2014) - Whelen Engineering welcomes NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Joey Logano to its
family of motorsport partnerships. Logano, one of NASCAR’s brightest stars, is already a seven-year veteran at only 24 years of age with multiple victories under his belt. Logano holds the distinction as the youngest race winner, youngest pole winner and youngest Rookie of the Year in NASCAR’s top level, the Sprint Cup Series. In 2014, Logano set a career high in wins (5), top-5’s (16), top-10’s (22) and laps led (993) along with being part of the "Championship 4" in NASCAR’s inaugural Chase playoff system.

The partnership with Logano adds to Whelen’s NASCAR sponsorship portfolio. After sponsoring a NASCAR developmental series race team for ten years, Whelen became the entitlement sponsor of the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour and NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour in 2005. At the same time, Whelen also became the Official Warning Lights of NASCAR. In the 10 years since, fire, safety and ambulance vehicles at NASCAR events have been outfitted with Whelen warning lights, and race tracks across the United States and Canada have been featured Whelen caution control lights.

"Whelen Engineering has been known for years as the best in flashing warning lights, but we are also now designing and manufacturing illumination products with the same quality and attention to detail," said Whelen Engineering Vice President for Motorsports Phil Kurze. "Through our partnership with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Joey Logano, we look forward to expanding our brand in motorsports as Joey continues to win and run for Championships at NASCAR’s highest level."

"I’m really excited to grow our relationship with the Whelen team and racing community" said Logano. "We have worked together through efforts around the US Bobsled Team and Joey Logano Foundation over the last few years and looking forward to now partnering on the racing side. Whelen is based out of Connecticut, not far from where I grew up. They are great supporters of everything racing and I can’t wait to help them grow their brand and business in motorsports for many years to come."
Pipe dream, but I'd like to see them put him in their Daytona Prototype for the Rolex 24.

You never know
Now that I think about it, it could actually happen. I was thinking they wouldn't put Joey in a Corvette powered by an ECR engine, but Penske runs Chevy in IndyCar anyways and Ganassi had McMurray and Larson compete with their new Ford engine earlier this year. That'd be cool to see.

Now that I think about it, it could actually happen. I was thinking they wouldn't put Joey in a Corvette powered by an ECR engine, but Penske runs Chevy in IndyCar anyways and Ganassi had McMurray and Larson compete with their new Ford engine earlier this year. That'd be cool to see.

Once a man puts on a bowtie, it's awfully hard to go back to anything else.

10383104_10152947359964390_7894071371318206488_n.jpg

He got married yesterday at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville NC. That's close to where I live. Also have visited the Biltmore House several times.

Another racer bites the dust.

Do you know why drivers are slower after being married????

because their wives are always telling them to slow down. :)

I know everyone is talking exclusively about Jr and will be for the next 7 months but I figured it's worth a mention that the race at Richmond this weekend will be Joey Logano's 300th start in the cup series.

Finally some speed out of that car today hopefully they can run good all day although it'll probably be an encumbered run LOL

^ Well, so much for that, huh?

Joey had a rough going of it today.

However, I agree to a point. I will bet he is feeling like Clint Bowyer was last year. "Can't end soon enough."

he won the pole, led almost 60 laps, was in the top 5 all day long and was taken out by KDB going up on the curb and cutting his tire with his splitter.

Would you feel the same way had JLo done the same thing to Kyle you are accusing him of? You know that at a short track when its go time things happen.

he won the pole, led almost 60 laps, was in the top 5 all day long and was taken out by KDB going up on the curb and cutting his tire with his splitter.

Yep it's just another KDB moment. No limit to his carnage and no penalty for anything. I think it means playoff drivers do anything to win one of the next two since there are no consequences. I am no Logano fan but that was dirty. I was hoping Logano would just take the sh**head out when he got beside his smoking car. Should have!

Yep it's just another KDB moment. No limit to his carnage and no penalty for anything. I think it means playoff drivers do anything to win one of the next two since there are no consequences. I am no Logano fan but that was dirty. I was hoping Logano would just take the sh**head out when he got beside his smoking car. Should have!
There is always Homestead. :rolleyes:
24 could lose his brakes at Homestead when behind the 11 car as well. Strange things happen at the oddest times.

Back
Top Bottom