Joey Logano

There's no doubt Penske is a better organization for him to be a part of and it shows both on-track and off. It sure would be nice to see him win a Cup championship before one of JGR's divas does.

You're not counting Kenseth I take it? And Joey has really impressed me the past two years but he doesn't win enough to be a championship threat. Plus that guy behind the wheel of the blue deuce is one of the 5 best talents in the garage

You're not counting Kenseth I take it? And Joey has really impressed me the past two years but he doesn't win enough to be a championship threat. Plus that guy behind the wheel of the blue deuce is one of the 5 best talents in the garage
Yeah, not Matt.

He's shown a lot of speed with Penske, especially this year, so I think the wins will be coming in multiples soon enough. Only Jr. has more Top 5s and leading a lap in five out of six races is tied for the most with Johnson, Kez, and Kyle Busch.

...you forget only best average starting position in knockout qualifying this season. Only he and JJ have made it to the final round every time. I don't think he's far off from winning, and I think he'll get at least 2-3 wins this season.

Here's another interesting fact I just learned.. Last week was Joey's 30th top 5 in the cup series.. 14 of those finishes were since he joined Penske. That's nearly half of his top 5's of his career in the past 42 races.

That also means he has finished top 5 in 1/3 of the races since he joined Penske. 14/42 ..impressive... now he just needs to win more often.

He might start rattling them off and prove me wrong, and I like the guy, I just seem him as another Clint bowyer who's really consistent but doesn't win a whole lot. Nothing wrong with that though, he's come miles from where he started in cup

He might start rattling them off and prove me wrong, and I like the guy, I just seem him as another Clint bowyer who's really consistent but doesn't win a whole lot. Nothing wrong with that though, he's come miles from where he started in cup
He's definitely become a lot more consistent. One of the guys you can expect to run up front barring some catastrophe... Im a bit biased because Im a big fan of his but I think he'll start winning a lot more often soon. Its hard to say because he's only 23 and only recently started being a factor at the front.. I think by the end of this year and we'll have a much better idea of where he is in the sport as far as whether to expect him to contend for wins regularly or not. I know so far this year I've seen at least 2 races where I thought he had a shot at it in the closing laps. Which is more than I can say for most of the races between 2009-2012.

He's definitely become a lot more consistent. One of the guys you can expect to run up front barring some catastrophe... Im a bit biased because Im a big fan of his but I think he'll start winning a lot more often soon. Its hard to say because he's only 23 and only recently started being a factor at the front.. I think by the end of this year and we'll have a much better idea of where he is in the sport as far as whether to expect him to contend for wins regularly or not. I know so far this year I've seen at least 2 races where I thought he had a shot at it in the closing laps. Which is more than I can say for most of the races between 2009-2012.

I disagree.
He's only 23 and IMO he's a consistent factor and contender for wins each week right now. In the years to come he's going to get better if he stays with Penske, and right now you can not count him out at any race.

What more does a driver have to do to prove he's one of the big boys in the Cup series?

I disagree.
He's only 23 and IMO he's a consistent factor and contender for wins each week right now. In the years to come he's going to get better if he stays with Penske, and right now you can not count him out at any race.

What more does a driver have to do to prove he's one of the big boys in the Cup series?
Im trying to be humble lol If I get too confident I'll be thrown to the thread police.

He has 3 wins. Joey can drive, and is finally developing some mental toughness for those late race pushes to the checkers.

3 wins is a decent career...but you can't compare him to the elite drivers until he starts racking them up in bunches. As of right now he's pretty good but not great.

3 wins is a decent career...but you can't compare him to the elite drivers until he starts racking them up in bunches. As of right now he's pretty good but not great.
3 wins by 23? Pretty sure only 2 drivers have ever done that.. maybe 1.. it's hardly his career lol he's got another 20-25 years left.
So has Kyle Petty

Fixed
The same Kyle Petty that didn't win until his 5th full season? 8 wins in 30 years... that guy? lol Took him an extra 25 years to get 22 more top 5's than Joey already has.. come on..

3 wins by 23? Pretty sure only 2 drivers have ever done that.. maybe 1.. it's hardly his career lol he's got another 20-25 years left.

The same Kyle Petty that didn't win until his 5th full season? 8 wins in 30 years... that guy? lol Took him an extra 25 years to get 22 more top 5's than Joey already has.. come on..

Yeah he's 23 but he's driven 5 full seasons in cup. In top-tier equipment

Still.. look at Kyle Busch... he only won 4 times in the first 4 years with Hendrick... not that big of a difference.. except Hendrick is a bigger powerhouse.

One less year and more wins. He also made the chase twice and finished 5th in points in 2007

One less year and more wins. He also made the chase twice and finished 5th in points in 2007
My point is that they both didn't do a whole lot with their first teams, even though they happened to be top tier teams. It's obviously different for everyone. Playing 3rd fiddle at JGR as an 18-20 year old filling Tony Stewart seat is a big task for anyone to come out of successful. It's been stated and reiterated over and over but that move to Penske brought out the driver that was "supposed" to be here 5 years ago. That's pretty obvious. I expect him to win more than once this season.

My point is that they both didn't do a whole lot with their first teams, even though they happened to be top tier teams. It's obviously different for everyone. Playing 3rd fiddle at JGR as an 18-20 year old filling Tony Stewart seat is a big task for anyone to come out of successful. It's been stated and reiterated over and over but that move to Penske brought out the driver that was "supposed" to be here 5 years ago. That's pretty obvious. I expect him to win more than once this season.

Yeah I'm not hating on Joey, he's gotten a lot better. I definitely pull for him over his teammate ;) And I like Ryan Blaney as well

Yeah I'm not hating on Joey, he's gotten a lot better. I definitely pull for him over his teammate ;) And I like Ryan Blaney as well
Im really looking forward to when Blaney gets to cup.. I imagine Penske will build a third team in the 12 car around him within the next few years. He's a good driver, I like that he is going to be in so many NNS races this season too. He only had 3 starts last season in the 22, won a race and finished top 10 every time. He will have 15 starts this season I believe. Finished 4th at Bristol in his only start yet this year .

Slice, KyBu was on a team with Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and with a rookie CC!

The only stats/results that are similar between Busch and Logano is their very first year as the next four aren't even close to being close.

I realize that we all like to make comparisons but....:eek:

Wins before age 25:

1) Kyle Busch - 17
2) Jeff Gordon - 15
T3) Kurt Busch/Richard Petty - 7
5) Junior Johnson - 5
6) Joey Logano - 4

Wins before age 25:

1) Kyle Busch - 17
2) Jeff Gordon - 15
T3) Kurt Busch/Richard Petty - 7
5) Junior Johnson - 5
6) Joey Logano - 4
Not too bad considering he has over a year until he's turns 25 and is doing better than ever before. I think there's a good chance he could pass Junior Johnson Kurt Busch and Richard Petty on that list. Any time you can tie or beat a record by any of those guys is good.

If my math is right he should have about another 43 starts or so until he turns 25... I know his birthday is around the Coke 600 so Im going off that. If he keeps it up at this pace (2 wins in the last 21 starts) He should get another 4 by then... which I think is entirely possible...maybe(hopefully) more.

Last edited:
Centurion Boats announced today a partnership with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Driver Joey Logano.

“I am really excited to become a part of the Centurion Team,” said Logano, who currently resides on Lake Norman in Cornelius, NC. “After a race weekend, nothing beats hanging out on the boat with friends and family on a sunny day and riding around on the FX44. I’m proud to work with Centurion and I couldn’t be happier with my Centurion boat. There is no doubt Centurion makes the best wake surfing towboat on the market. I’m looking forward to being on the lake with mine this summer.”

http://joeylogano.com/centurion-sponsors-joey-logano/

I didn't know Joey was in to wake boarding. Fun stuff.

Good seeing a new sponsor come on board as well :) That's never a bad thing.

Last edited:
itOuDI5.jpg

"Did I start too soon? Yeah, no doubt I did," he said at Darlington. "But it is an experience that I value a lot right now, because I am 23 years old with six years of experience behind me, and there is nobody else out here who has that. I am thankful for that opportunity and the tough times I went through to figure it out. ? Things are going good right now. All the hard work is paying off."

Lol Welcome to the 2010's :rolleyes::D
6 wins since 2010. Thanks for the welcome :p

In all seriousness, I'm glad your boy is doin good. Always fun when your driver is on the top of his game. Hell, I'm enjoying Gordon's year so far even though he's winless, it's his best since 2007 imo

6 wins since 2010. Thanks for the welcome :p

In all seriousness, I'm glad your boy is doin good. Always fun when your driver is on the top of his game. Hell, I'm enjoying Gordon's year so far even though he's winless, it's his best since 2007 imo
Yeah man Im enjoying it quite a lot :) It's been a long time comin.

Jeff is doin pretty good too man I really wouldn't have thought he would be out running JJ every week like he is. He'll get one soon Im sure.

Just better hope Joeys not in second in the closing laps :p

Sometimes the racing gods smile on you. Kez was making his move on the inside of Kenseth, Gordon bumps him sideways right when Joey, who was running behind the pack saving his tires, makes his move. Good timing along with good luck. Plenty of things could have been different. Gordon could have hit Kez harder and he would have taken Joey out, Kez could have lost control on the bump he did get..doesn't matter Joey's got two and good for him. With all the bad luck he has had, he was due for it IMO. Not too many talking about Fords lack of performance this year like they were last year about this time. The Penske bunch is showing what they are made of with the new car.

Back
Top Bottom