Jr. hosed himself.

R

racerx11

If he didn't hang mikey out hehad it won. Glad he was selfish.

Mikey couldn't hang with him......he needed someone like Harvick behind him. But then I think Kevin had a car that could have passed him out of turn four. Wasn't much Jr could do that he didn't do. :D

Harvick did have a strong car. IF the race went on I think Harvick could have gotten up there and made a challange.

Originally posted by Gollum@Apr 25 2004, 04:46 PM
Harvick did have a strong car. IF the race went on I think Harvick could have gotten up there and made a challange.
I think he would of won, to be honest with ya. Harvick will get his plate win VERY soon.. he's too good!

I think if Jr. heldhis line instead of weaving all over the place, Mikey could have stayed with him. He was good enough to push him to the front.

Originally posted by racerx11@Apr 25 2004, 05:49 PM
I think if Jr. heldhis line instead of weaving all over the place, Mikey could have stayed with him. He was good enough to push him to the front.
I agree with you. I think Jr. was having too much fun weaving back and forth and not working as a team with Waltrip.

Jr. was strong...but man there were a LOT of people on his be-hind coming up fast, right before that wreck.

Harvick, Johnson, Gordon...

I just don't think he would have held them ALL off....even if it went green all the way!

If it had stayed green Harvick would have made it three wide with Robby right behind him.

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Apr 25 2004, 03:55 PM
If it had stayed green Harvick would have made it three wide with Robby right behind him.
That's right!

But what was robby doing up there! There aren't enough turns at Dega for him to contend...or LEAD LAPS! :lol:

Great race for Robby!

no way waltrip could hang with him. the only reason DE JR did not stay out in front the whole race cause the way the draft works so well. if he had someone to hang with him they would have pulled away. no one could hang with him. NO ONE. i like waltrip but he was not as fast. and when it comes down to the wire there is no such thing as teamwork. it everyman for himself. lets face it DE JR had pushed waltrip to the finish. DE JR has a champonship to win and he will not wait for a slow teamate to get sec. i wouldn't either. they worked together all day but when it comes down to it, it is every driver for themselves.

Originally posted by little>E@Apr 25 2004, 05:00 PM
they worked together all day but when it comes down to it, it is every driver for themselves.
Good point, but I saw many drivers pass Junior all day.

Originally posted by nascar20@Apr 25 2004, 02:51 PM
I think Jr. was having too much fun weaving back and forth and not working as a team with Waltrip.
I noticed it several times during the race that Jr would go really high in the middle of the turns and drive downhill to the bottom. He did that no matter who was behind him.......even when no one was behind him. I wonder if was a little trick of his to get more speed exiting the turns. Seemed to work pretty good.........got him some great straight away speeds. :D I don't think Mikey could follow him.........Harvick could. But I think Harvick had every bit the car Jr had and it would have been a toss up had it gone green to the checkers......but, it would have been good to see those two go for it!! :cheers: :cheers:

yes many drivers passed DE JR but like i said one of the only resopns is the way the Draft works on this track. if don't have a Draft you don't anything. i don't care if you are the fastest car out there.

Drafting isn't the only thing that helps ya win on a plate track.
Ya gotta be a really good driver, know your game plan, have a great car that
will hold up and the determination to do it.
Playing around, weaving all over the track, and concentrating on "having fun"
Just don't win too many races. Sorry!!

malroars.gif

hhmmmm he was not the only one weaving around though. look at everyones car. everyone one was guilty of weaving and going back and forth, front to back. not just DE JR

Originally posted by little>E@Apr 25 2004, 03:26 PM
hhmmmm he was not the only one weaving around though. look at everyones car. everyone one was guilty of weaving and going back and forth, front to back. not just DE JR
Well, if y'all might remember what the draft is all about you might remember drivers in the lead often weave back and forth..........there is even a term used for it! It's called "breaking the draft". Not giving the car behind you a good hole to tuck into and suck up to your bumper or "sling shot" around you. With the aerodynamics of today's car, it's not as effective as it used to be, but does disrupt the draft and good drivers will use the trick to keep from being freight trained by cars lined up behind them. I seriously doubt Jr was doing it for fun........he's running for a title and he's pretty focused on that. :D

Back
Top Bottom