Jr was slow on restarts.

R

racerx11

If they restarted the race, Jr might have fallen back 3 or 4 positions and he wouldn't have had time to catch back up. I wasn't the only one to notice this. I remember DW and his buddies in the booth talking about it on one of the final restarts.

AGREED but he may have been doin that for a reason. a leader would not stay out fron long. so he may have been waiting to make his move closed to the last lap just like so many other races here. i think it was said that the last 3 races where won in hte last lap.????? don't Quote me on it but i remeber something like that.

Possible, maybe he just liked coming back up through the field.

I think he was slow on the restarts due to the gearing in his car. just my two cents.

Originally posted by coonhound@Apr 25 2004, 07:16 PM
I think he was slow on the restarts due to the gearing in his car. just my two cents.
exactly what I was thinking coonhound.

Some guys like to stay back a little bit to get a run on the first place car. Junior did fall back a little sometimes but at one point it only took him a half lap to get back into 1st. Another possible thing was that Junior was always saying nobody wanted to work with him, that was one reason that he fell back. The whole gear thing sounds good to me, that could be a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom