Just wonderin'...

17_Fan

Does anybody think that any of the drivers will lean a little harder on Kevin Harvick this weekend during the race knowing that if he retaliates, that Nascar will probably sit him out next week at Dover? Maybe rub fenders a little harder than they normally would do?

I personally don't think so, but just wondering what others may think, but something I read on a different board made me think of this. It was speculated that Ricky Rudd went after Harvick to give Matt a bigger points lead. I thought that was the dumbest thing I ever read/heard. Why would any driver risk taking themselves out of a race to help another driver gain a few points, especially since Matt's lead over Kevin before the race was 416 points, I think?

I really don't think that any of the drivers will push the issue. But I will say this, he has put himself in this predicament, and he most definitely has to mind his p's and q's (along with a couple of other folks!) so as not to bring any more unwanted attention on himself.

It was speculated that Ricky Rudd went after Harvick to give Matt a bigger points lead. I thought that was the dumbest thing I ever read/heard.
I think I have to agree, 17fan. That is not the smartest thing I have read regarding the situation between Rudd and Harvick.

But as the saying goes, "We'll just have to wait and see!"

I, for one, certainly hopes that they can behave themselves and act like adults. :wacko:

It might settle down for a few races.

But we still have another race at Martinsville in Cup and Memphis in BGN. Two good tracks for some extra-vehicular activity. :D

Someone will get a little overheated a forget all about last week's car fights and the resultant penalties.

Last year when he was set out for a race. No one put pressure on him and don't think it will happen this time. As for rudd taking Keven out to help Matt. That is silly. It wouldn't make sence.Their not even team mates.

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Sep 11 2003, 01:51 PM
Does anybody think that any of the drivers will lean a little harder on Kevin Harvick this weekend during the race knowing that if he retaliates, that Nascar will probably sit him out next week at Dover? Maybe rub fenders a little harder than they normally would do?

I personally don't think so, but just wondering what others may think, but something I read on a different board made me think of this. It was speculated that Ricky Rudd went after Harvick to give Matt a bigger points lead. I thought that was the dumbest thing I ever read/heard. Why would any driver risk taking themselves out of a race to help another driver gain a few points, especially since Matt's lead over Kevin before the race was 416 points, I think?
I agree about that being the dumbest statement that I've seen.Ricky Rudd's ot even a teammate of Matt Kenseth's,if that were the case it might provide some validity to such speculation,but since They're not teammates,I don't personally see any connection to the incident.
U want speculation,how about this Jeff Burton(Matt's teammate)gets into Robby(rubby)Gordon after rubby's got into the Top 10 in point standings,perhaps helping out Matt?I don't really believe this,but I did say speculation.
btw,I also noticed that Jeff Gordon didn't get punted any last week,finally,after He's fallen from 2nd to 5th in point standings & is -593 points back of Matt Kenseth,I guess They're not worried about Jeff's drive for five anymore? :eek:

Originally posted by Gollum@Sep 11 2003, 05:44 PM
Last year when he was set out for a race. No one put pressure on him and don't think it will happen this time. As for rudd taking Keven out to help Matt. That is silly. It wouldn't make sence.Their not even team mates.
Gol, I think the statement was made because of the Wood Bros. getting their engines from Roush.

I dont think anyone will purposely try to rub harvick' bumper this week, but after the smoke clears, he might need to watch his back in the comming weeks.

Back
Top Bottom