Kasey Kahne

i'm sure they are happy with Kasey, and off track he may be a sponsor's dream.

I dont think he's really over rated. I just think the 5 team has been a little off this season. Theyve obviously got it together setup wise when the 48 takes their setup and goes on a tear of multiple wins. They may just need a little luck to go their way, and to stop getting wrecked by Kyle Busch lol. He is in NO WAY as over rated as Junior though. Even if the results this year dont show that.

I dont think he's really over rated. I just think the 5 team has been a little off this season. Theyve obviously got it together setup wise when the 48 takes their setup and goes on a tear of multiple wins. They may just need a little luck to go their way, and to stop getting wrecked by Kyle Busch lol. He is in NO WAY as over rated as Junior though. Even if the results this year dont show that.

I wouldn't say JR is overrated, its the media and the last name. He's been very good the past three years, but Kasey makes me go like "WTF"?
He's good no doubt, but that 5 car is sometimes is in places it should not be at all. One thing I noticed is that if he gets those adjustments right in race trim. Kasey will fly, but if he's off he will be running in that 15-25 place range. Which for HMS is unacceptable. Kasey is no doubt in that second-tier IMO, but as great as JJ or JG? No...

I wouldn't say JR is overrated, its the media and the last name. He's been very good the past three years, but Kasey makes me go like "WTF"?
He's good no doubt, but that 5 car is sometimes is in places it should not be at all. One thing I noticed is that if he gets those adjustments right in race trim. Kasey will fly, but if he's off he will be running in that 15-25 place range. Which for HMS is unacceptable. Kasey is no doubt in that second-tier IMO, but as great as JJ or JG? No...

He's good. But he's no JJ. Let's be honest with ourselves. What Jimmie has done as of late is pretty spectacular. Especially with the level of competition today. Youve got to have all the pieces of the puzzle. Driver, Crew, Chief, Cars.

He's good. But he's no JJ. Let's be honest with ourselves. What Jimmie has done as of late is pretty spectacular. Especially with the level of competition today. Youve got to have all the pieces of the puzzle. Driver, Crew, Chief, Cars.

From I understood is that last year or in 2012 that JR was moved over into the same area of the R&D department as JJ. Kasey was moved with JG, but I wonder how much that actually has to do with anything. I've liked Kasey since his days at Dodge, but HMS is so competitive. Honestly, the field is deep with competition with RCR, SHR, JG, Roush, and now even RPM is inching towards the top 10 more often.

I wouldn't say JR is overrated...
4 wins in 7 years at HMS. Cmon man. Anyone else with that resumè would be cut off. 2 names come to mind, Brian Vickers & Casey Mears. His last name creates many more fans and much more money for him than anyone else with his level of talent. The fudging of the points systems year after year only suites his level of competetiveness and allows him to be in contention.

4 wins in 7 years at HMS. Cmon man. Anyone else with that resumè would be cut off. 2 names come to mind, Brian Vickers & Casey Mears. His last name creates many more fans and much more money for him than anyone else with his level of talent. The fudging of the points systems year after year only suites his level of competetiveness and allows him to be in contention.

Thank you. Similar to the Danica effect.

i'm sure they are happy with Kasey, and off track he may be a sponsor's dream.

I agree with you there. The issue I wonder about though is that the numbers suggest he has the 2nd biggest fanbase in NASCAR potentially so he is not lacing fans and there does not seem to be any marketing out there for him. I know some people don't like his personality but those people are not really paying attention to him. In the beginning he was like that but not so much now. I don't think he will ever be comfortable in the spotlight 100% but he handles himself pretty well.

Now there is all this talk of him possibly being out of a ride. 2 full seasons with Hnedrick and he has 4 wins and made The Chase both years and had a top five finish in the points one year EVEN WITH all the bad luck he has had. I think Hendrick would have signed up for that any day of the week since he is smart enough to relaize all four of his cars can't win the championship. I think as long as he makes The Chase this year he will be OK.

If Hendrick lets Kasey go after 2015, and Jeff decides to retire, who would drive the 5 and 24? Obviously Chase would drive one of them, but who else out there would Hendrick put in the car? There are a lot of good drivers out there, but I can't think of any that may be in their contract year that may take his place. And most of the rookies out there in nationwide pretty much already have cup rides lined up for them.

I agree with you there. The issue I wonder about though is that the numbers suggest he has the 2nd biggest fanbase in NASCAR potentially so he is not lacing fans and there does not seem to be any marketing out there for him. I know some people don't like his personality but those people are not really paying attention to him. In the beginning he was like that but not so much now. I don't think he will ever be comfortable in the spotlight 100% but he handles himself pretty well.

Now there is all this talk of him possibly being out of a ride. 2 full seasons with Hnedrick and he has 4 wins and made The Chase both years and had a top five finish in the points one year EVEN WITH all the bad luck he has had. I think Hendrick would have signed up for that any day of the week since he is smart enough to relaize all four of his cars can't win the championship. I think as long as he makes The Chase this year he will be OK.
You make good points. Kasey is good and has produced. The only problem and reason anybody is talking about him losing his ride is because he's on team hms and has the 3 biggest stars in the sport as teammates. They *can't* lose their rides. Chase happened to luck (by virtue of birth) into showing up with more star power (in the racin' world) than kk will ever have (also, it helps that chase seems to have it all together and be a hell of a talent).
He's not bad, he just hasn't produced like jj or had a name like earnhardt on a team with guys who have both of those things.

If Hendrick lets Kasey go after 2015, and Jeff decides to retire, who would drive the 5 and 24? Obviously Chase would drive one of them, but who else out there would Hendrick put in the car? There are a lot of good drivers out there, but I can't think of any that may be in their contract year that may take his place. And most of the rookies out there in nationwide pretty much already have cup rides lined up for them.

How long is Kyle Larson's contract with Ganassi?

If for some unforseen reason Gordon decides to hang it up after 2015 & Kasey is let go, Hendrick may move Chase up early & out bargain Larson to HMS.

How long is Kyle Larson's contract with Ganassi?
I couldn't find it anywhere after a quick search, but I did see that Chip wouldn't disclose how long his contract is for. But I don't see Ganassi letting Larson go without a fight, Hendrick would have to come up with a good chunk of change to get him.

I couldn't find it anywhere after a quick search, but I did see that Chip wouldn't disclose how long his contract is for. But I don't see Ganassi letting Larson go without a fight, Hendrick would have to come up with a good chunk of change to get him.

Which I'm sure that wouldnt be too big of a problem.

i've seen a few post on here about Larson ending up at HMS, and i just don't get it. so with every young driver that comes up and seems to have talent means he's going to end up at HMS. everybody can't be on HMS team. Rick was a crook, who probably would have went to jail, but an illness, (i didn't fully buy into) prevented and then a large campaign contribtion to president Clinton gets him a presidential pardon, and heath never brought up again after the pardon. now what was i talking about, oh yeah, i don't believe Larson will be at HMS no time soon if ever.

i've seen a few post on here about Larson ending up at HMS, and i just don't get it. so with every young driver that comes up and seems to have talent means he's going to end up at HMS. everybody can't be on HMS team. Rick was a crook, who probably would have went to jail, but an illness, (i didn't fully buy into) prevented and then a large campaign contribtion to president Clinton gets him a presidential pardon, and heath never brought up again after the pardon. now what was i talking about, oh yeah, i don't believe Larson will be at HMS no time soon if ever.

Well he sure as hell wont stay at Ganassi for 10 years. Where would you want to go as a driver?

it's possible Larson could finish his career at Ganassi. how come Rick didn't already have his hooks in him, he did Chase.

it's possible Larson could finish his career at Ganassi. how come Rick didn't already have his hooks in him, he did Chase.

Good question. Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe the timeline didnt work out of when Larson was coming to cup. He may be in a cup ride very early but obviously is making the best of it. Maybe Rick's people thought it would be some more time before he was ready?

Anyone that believes jeff gordon is just willy nilly gonna step outta the car for some snot nosed youngster is a fool & should quit their day job to be a comedian.
Jeff will do whatever is in the best interest of HMS.

is it possible farmers signed because of HMS being the top team, more than Kasey the driver
That definitely factors into it but they really like Kasey as well. He's very marketable.

What is the possibility of Mr. Hendrick sticking his nose into the SHR camp and having Danica booted out with Kahne now sitting in the #10 car, Larson run in the #5 car till Jeff gives up the ghost in racing and then Elliott steps up to the plate?

Absolutely incorrect.

Listen to Gordon's in-car radio sometime. He is one of the fiercest competitors out there. He wouldn't give up his seat for anybody until he was ready to do so.

That has been Jeff's seat for 22 years. The last thing Jeff will do is pass the torch solely because Rick suggested it to him. Jeff will pass the torch when he's ready.

What is the possibility of Mr. Hendrick sticking his nose into the SHR camp and having Danica booted out with Kahne now sitting in the #10 car, Larson run in the #5 car till Jeff gives up the ghost in racing and then Elliott steps up to the plate?

Why is there all this talk about Larson to HMS? There is no evidence to suggest that at all. Larson is good but he is signed with another team and why on earth would they let him go? He and Chase are likely the future of the sport. Anyone who has them would be dumb to let them go. As for SHR...that is possible but it won't be Danica - she's got the same protection as Dale Jr. I could see Kurt Busch losing that ride...he DOES have a win but other than that their season has been a disaster. They also really don't have a sponsor for that car....maybe there is a young kid coming up that could bring a big name sponsar...Like NAPA? Honestly now that Farmer's is signed on as the primary to the 5 through 2017 I believe if Jeff does not retire that Kasey will stay in the 5 and Chase will take the 41 and bring his sponsor with him.

All that being said I still understand it's possible that Kasey will get the shaft. It's not right because he has produced well enough to keep that ride regardless of how the rest of 2014 goes unless they are just out to lunch every week. But just because it's not right does not mean it won't happen.

Why is there all this talk about Larson to HMS? There is no evidence to suggest that at all. Larson is good but he is signed with another team and why on earth would they let him go? He and Chase are likely the future of the sport. Anyone who has them would be dumb to let them go. As for SHR...that is possible but it won't be Danica - she's got the same protection as Dale Jr. I could see Kurt Busch losing that ride...he DOES have a win but other than that their season has been a disaster. They also really don't have a sponsor for that car....maybe there is a young kid coming up that could bring a big name sponsar...Like NAPA? Honestly now that Farmer's is signed on as the primary to the 5 through 2017 I believe if Jeff does not retire that Kasey will stay in the 5 and Chase will take the 41 and bring his sponsor with him.

All that being said I still understand it's possible that Kasey will get the shaft. It's not right because he has produced well enough to keep that ride regardless of how the rest of 2014 goes unless they are just out to lunch every week. But just because it's not right does not mean it won't happen.

no kidding. They think it is like a pick up softball game or something. Just walk over to the other team and start playing. Lawyers and contracts and sponsorship..Oh My!

They can keep their eye on him all they want. If he signed then he's signed....now after 2019 Dale Jr will probably be retirement age then....could be perfect timing to bring him in then. It's just not an issue now.

no kidding. They think it is like a pick up softball game or something. Just walk over to the other team and start playing. Lawyers and contracts and sponsorship..Oh My!

LMAO! I just got this mental picgture of all the owners and drivers on school recess picking teams......I wonder who would be last "kid" picked.

Larson is already in a Hendrick car.....just says Ganassi on it......just like SHR. What's the difference? The only 10 car 4 car team in the series.

Larson is already in a Hendrick car.....just says Ganassi on it......just like SHR. What's the difference? The only 10 car 4 car team in the series.

How do you figure that Ganassi is a Hendrick car? Just because they run the same engines? I think all the Fords run the same engines except maybe Penske and all the Toyotas run the same engines too. That does not mean they are all teammates. I agreee that SHR is a Hendrick team because they run the same engines AND chasis AND share information among the teams. Calling Ganassi a Hendrick team is a stretch to say the least.

How do you figure that Ganassi is a Hendrick car? Just because they run the same engines? I think all the Fords run the same engines except maybe Penske and all the Toyotas run the same engines too. That does not mean they are all teammates. I agreee that SHR is a Hendrick team because they run the same engines AND chasis AND share information among the teams. Calling Ganassi a Hendrick team is a stretch to say the least.

Well, there is no question that "One Ford" went to **** with Penske and RFR. All TRD Toyotas are sharing information and consider themselves "Toyota teammates". Ganassi gets his motors from Hendrick, and Chip was kind enough to throw in one of his former engineers as Jaimie Mac's CC. I will agree that the arrangements of all teams and satellites is murky, but you get what I mean. Chip was crap until.....this year.....when......they went to Hendrick power. You can't tell me that their former issue was all power.

su

Penske does run the same engines as Roush, but I agree with your point, they aren't the same. They don't buy the engines, they rent them from Hendrick or Yates. Toyota has TRD and another supplier for the lower level teams Triad or something. Kinda stupid thinking Penske and Roush is a Yates team because their engines are the same. But somehow if you are Stewart Haas or Ganassi, your a Hendrick team..Hendrick machine shop is striking fear in the hearts of the fans and competitors. FEAR the HENDRICK MOTOR. all you Fordites and Toyotalets Be afraid be REAL afraid.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Well, there is no question that "One Ford" went to **** with Penske and RFR. All TRD Toyotas are sharing information and consider themselves "Toyota teammates". Ganassi gets his motors from Hendrick, and Chip was kind enough to throw in one of his former engineers as Jaimie Mac's CC. I will agree that the arrangements of all teams and satellites is murky, but you get what I mean. Chip was crap until.....this year.....when......they went to Hendrick power. You can't tell me that their former issue was all power.

I see what you are saying but whatt is Hendrick getting outof this relationship with Ganassi? Chip gets their engines and Keith Rodden leaves the 5 (likely the reason they struggled to adjust to the new rules) and what does Hendrick get? I thought all that was happening was that they are buying engines from HMS and Keith Rodden moved on bcause he wanted to be a cew chief.

su

Penske does run the same engines as Roush, but I agree with your point, they aren't the same. They don't buy the engines, they rent them from Hendrick or Yates. Toyota has TRD and another supplier for the lower level teams Triad or something. Kinda stupid thinking Penske and Roush is a Yates team because their engines are the same. But somehow if you are Stewart Haas or Ganassi, your a Hendrick team..Hendrick machine shop is striking fear in the hearts of the fans and competitors. FEAR the HENDRICK MOTOR. all you Fordites and Toyotalets Be afraid be REAL afraid.:biggrin:

Yeah....I remeber listening to Kasey's scanner back in his EMS/GEM/RPM/Red Bull days (geeze he's been through a lot of crap) and he was always bitching on the radio about being down on power and I have not heard that complaint since he cam to HMS.

what does Hendrick get?
uv6uNxm.gif
mzsIq6z.gif

Back
Top Bottom