Kasey Kahne

Hey, he signed with a Toyota team he knew the risks haha. Yeah, as Pudge said NASCAR.com is terribly slow to update, which is ridiculous considering its the official site.

I don't know why I ever go there. The site is so bad that it actually causes my work computer that has all the high tech anti-virus crap (I work in state government) to freeze and it causes IE to have to close. It's the only site I visit that does that.

nascarcom is not a good choice for correct info about racing, but really right now he is 5th in points. just checked that, it's at 20 races, there has been 21 now

I stand corrected and will never use nascar.com again. It is Monday at 5:00pm. The race has been over for about 24+ hours and they still have not updated that? There is no excuse for that.

I stand corrected and will never use nascar.com again. It is Monday at 5:00pm. The race has been over for about 24+ hours and they still have not updated that? There is no excuse for that.
they were better a few years ago before Nascar took over the site, but once Nascar took over running the site... they suck....jayski is top dog IMO

they were better a few years ago before Nascar took over the site, but once Nascar took over running the site... they suck....jayski is top dog IMO
Yep. Jayski is now my go-to NASCAR news site, and I use racing-reference.info for stats.

I consider those stats a wash...yes Newman has more top 10's and top 5's but only one more win and he has about 80 or so races on Kasey - that's almost 3 full seasons AND He had better equipment than Kasey most of his Career with Penske and SHR when Kasey was with EMS/GEM/RPM/Red Bull.
i think they are about equal, but i don't feel he's had that much better equipment. the Penske team was good back then, but they are better now, and he had to play 2nd fiddle to Rusty, and then to SHR, where again 2nd fiddle, and it kinda seemed almost 3rd fiddle to Danica, and now to RCR, well you know how that is. but ain't this the way it's suppose to be, my driver is better than your driver, we all can't pull for Newman, it wouldn't be no fun.

i think they are about equal, but i don't feel he's had that much better equipment. the Penske team was good back then, but they are better now, and he had to play 2nd fiddle to Rusty, and then to SHR, where again 2nd fiddle, and it kinda seemed almost 3rd fiddle to Danica, and now to RCR, well you know how that is. but ain't this the way it's suppose to be, my driver is better than your driver, we all can't pull for Newman, it wouldn't be no fun.

I get what you are saying but the equipment Kasey was in was equipment that no one else was close to competing in and no one else has since he left except for the 9 car at Watkins Glen with Ambrose but apparently he could be in a go cart at Watkins Glen and everyone would still pick him. I can't stand the way everyone acts like its a done deal that Ambrose will win this weekend. I like the guy and everything but sorry to any Ambrose fans - he has no business in the chase the same as Almirola.

I get what you are saying but the equipment Kasey was in was equipment that no one else was close to competing in and no one else has since he left except for the 9 car at Watkins Glen with Ambrose but apparently he could be in a go cart at Watkins Glen and everyone would still pick him. I can't stand the way everyone acts like its a done deal that Ambrose will win this weekend. I like the guy and everything but sorry to any Ambrose fans - he has no business in the chase the same as Almirola.
LOL. It is Kasey vs. the world, isn't it? Now you're going after Ambrose and Almirola? Granted, I'm not arguing that they "deserve" to be in the Chase, but as Chex just said, you can thank Mr. France for that.

Anyway, people expect Ambrose to win at Watkins Glen because he's won twice there and he's generally a beast on road courses. It's not like they're just pulling that prediction out of their butts or anything.

LOL. It is Kasey vs. the world, isn't it? Now you're going after Ambrose and Almirola? Granted, I'm not arguing that they "deserve" to be in the Chase, but as Chex just said, you can thank Mr. France for that.

Anyway, people expect Ambrose to win at Watkins Glen because he's won twice there and he's generally a beast on road courses. It's not like they're just pulling that prediction out of their butts or anything.

Yeah...I get it - he's good there. I am not going after those guys. It's just a little hard to swallow that Kasey may not make the Chase because he has lost at least 100 points this year because of luck but Almirola may make it because........it rained. And I actually like Ambrose but I want to see guys in the chase that are competative IN the chase and let's face it Almirola rarley even has a good run and Ambrose is usually only a factor at Watkins Glen. Either way though, what happens will happen and Kasey needs to suck it up and just get in. Getting in the chase this year for him will be a major accomplishment with how the team has been off and how so many things have gone wrong.

you guys rate a team on how well all the cars run. I submit to you its more about the driver AND the resources the team puts into that team. to say kahne has been in bad equipment at evernham or when gillette bought the team isn't that accurate. kahne was pretty much the number one guy at each organization except hendrick. he did win for red bull that was a rich team owner but possibly didn't have access to other teams info, almost like a penske in a lot of ways. I think even chip can put a race winning team on the track. people say his cars suck. kyle larson has proved otherwise right out of the gates. kahne is a 1-3 win per season guy who will not win a title. but most teams would kill for a guy that can win like that.

Yeah...I get it - he's good there. I am not going after those guys. It's just a little hard to swallow that Kasey may not make the Chase because he has lost at least 100 points this year because of luck but Almirola may make it because........it rained. And I actually like Ambrose but I want to see guys in the chase that are competative IN the chase and let's face it Almirola rarley even has a good run and Ambrose is usually only a factor at Watkins Glen. Either way though, what happens will happen and Kasey needs to suck it up and just get in. Getting in the chase this year for him will be a major accomplishment with how the team has been off and how so many things have gone wrong.
Yeah, I feel you. You should consider adopting the mindset that some of us on here have chosen and just stop caring about the chumpionship for now. I gave up all hope on it the moment the new Chase format was announced.

I don't have anything against Almirola for making it in, though. I was thinking and hoping that something like that would happen. Heck, I hope he wins it all. I want to see this thing fail miserably so it can be changed. I won't hold my breath on that one, though.

you guys rate a team on how well all the cars run. I submit to you its more about the driver AND the resources the team puts into that team. to say kahne has been in bad equipment at evernham or when gillette bought the team isn't that accurate. kahne was pretty much the number one guy at each organization except hendrick. he did win for red bull that was a rich team owner but possibly didn't have access to other teams info, almost like a penske in a lot of ways. I think even chip can put a race winning team on the track. people say his cars suck. kyle larson has proved otherwise right out of the gates. kahne is a 1-3 win per season guy who will not win a title. but most teams would kill for a guy that can win like that.

I get that but I honestly feel that most of the drivers are of fairly equal skill except the top guys like Gordon, Johnson, Stewart and those types that will go down as all time greats. Those teams now - like RPM are putting their resources somewhere and not getting the results they did when Kahne was there. I am not saying Kasey on the same level of a Johnson or Gordon or a Stewart - that would be ignorant - but I do feel that he is above average and I think the results showed when he left RPM. I think you said before that Kasey will NEVER win a championship and you might be right about that. I do give him an outside shot if he stays at HMS though. If Gordon leaves and Jimmie gets a little older there may be a window there where more resources are focused on Kasey and he CAN get it done if he just has a year where things go right for him.

i am confident that Kasey will make the chase, but like 11 other drivers, that final four seems to be just outta reach.

Yeah, I feel you. You should consider adopting the mindset that some of us on here have chosen and just stop caring about the chumpionship for now. I gave up all hope on it the moment the new Chase format was announced.

I don't have anything against Almirola for making it in, though. I was thinking and hoping that something like that would happen. Heck, I hope he wins it all. I want to see this thing fail miserably so it can be changed. I won't hold my breath on that one, though.

What would you change? I 'd like to see 10 winners get in and the next 6 highest in points w/o a win or something like that. Something that guarantees points will mean something since wins are so hard to come by. I know some people wuold love to go back to the old format of points all season but that did create some boring champioship battles. I like this format of round by round knockout - I just don't like the way the field is determined.

What would you change? I 'd like to see 10 winners get in and the next 6 highest in points w/o a win or something like that. Something that guarantees points will mean something since wins are so hard to come by. I know some people wuold love to go back to the old format of points all season but that did create some boring champioship battles. I like this format of round by round knockout - I just don't like the way the field is determined.
We've had plenty of in-depth discussions on this already, but I'd be okay with them doing away with the Chase entirely and making it all about points again. That being said, I don't hate the idea of the Chase at all, and I think that the system we had in 2013 was fine. It provided a decent compromise between the importance of winning and consistency and should have been enough to satisfy people on both sides of that argument. But nope, it had to be changed yet again.

NASCAR has been slowly pushing toward making everything all about winning for the last several years now, and this new system just takes it a step further. If they really want to make it all about winning, they should just make it so that whoever wins the most races wins the championship. That's very simple and easy to understand. They could even keep the Chase if they want to and just reset everybody's win totals before it starts and "seed" them somehow so that the importance of the "regular season" isn't totally lost. (Mind you, I don't actually want them to do this. That's just where I could see them going with it.)

One points reset is more than enough - we don't need this silly, overly complex NFL/NBA style bracket where the points get reset four times. That's just comical.

We've had plenty of in-depth discussions on this already, but I'd be okay with them doing away with the Chase entirely and making it all about points again. That being said, I don't hate the idea of the Chase at all, and I think that the system we had in 2013 was fine. It provided a decent compromise between the importance of winning and consistency and should have been enough to satisfy people on both sides of that argument. But nope, it had to be changed yet again.

NASCAR has been slowly pushing toward making everything all about winning for the last several years now, and this new system just takes it a step further. If they really want to make it all about winning, they should just make it so that whoever wins the most races wins the championship. That's very simple and easy to understand. They could even keep the Chase if they want to and just reset everybody's win totals before it starts and "seed" them somehow so that the importance of the "regular season" isn't totally lost. (Mind you, I don't actually want them to do this. That's just where I could see them going with it.)

One points reset is more than enough - we don't need this silly, overly complex NFL/NBA style bracket where the points get reset four times. That's just comical.
I don't think we're going to see the Chase go anywhere. When it was first announced Brian stated that he wanted a game #7 type moment. They kept tweaking the thing until they finally got to the point where they have now have guaranteed that each and every season.

I'd like to see the Chase gone but I've resigned myself to the fact that it simply isn't going to happen. The championship has already been tainted with the implementation of the original Chase IMO. It's now all about the drama. Maybe that's what today's instant gratification fan base needs today? I don't know.

The OLD person in me (LOL I am only 35) misses the old style at times but even if I don't agree with what NASCAR is doing I do understand why they are doing it. They are trying to appeal to a younger fan base and make things more exciting to the younger fan. This is a fanbase that has no attention span to speak of and can't understand anything outside of winning and there always has to be over the top drama and excitment. Just the way it is today. I will try to enjoy it for what it is but I would actually like to see winning mean less prior to the chase. I would not mind just taking the top 16 in points and applying ot the chase format they have now.

Haters have been quiet

No. We've been quietly arguing in a PM thread about what's going to happen when Chase Elliott takes over the 5 car. :)

I love how people still think they KNOW that is going to happen even though it has been said all along that the plan is for Chase to take the 24 when Jeff hangs it up which could be the end of this year or the end of next year REGARDLESS of any sponsor that may have signed recently. If he DOES decide to run longer I could actually see Chase running the max number of races allowed in 5th HMS car part time which to be honest is a great way to ease him into running cup races instead of rushing him up full time when he is too young like Logano and wathing him struggle for a few years. I have said it all along...even if Gordon decides to run longer than expected HMS still has TWO seats to fill long term and if there is a way to keep Kasey they will do it. The guys has 5 wins in less than 3 full seasons (same amount as Jr. in more than dohble the time) and has made the Chase all three years now even WITH all the bad luck he has had. The other thing that no one seems to be payign attention to is that HMS has great team chemistry WITH Kasey...all four drivers have made the Chase in all three seasons he has been there and that was not the case before.

All this BS aside Kasey has done agreat job and been a class act throughout and that has not gone unnotices at HMS.

Haters have been quiet

Yeah..they will just ignore what good Kasey does and keep talking about him losing the 5 like it has already been decided. I wonder wy people want him out so bad? The guy races clean, wins his fair share of races (17 already just entering his prime) and has been a class act congraulating his teammate's success this season. Also, he got quite the ovation from the crowd at Atlanta...still really popular too. Haters just goona hate.

Great to see a Kahne victory the other night along with the other HMS drivers in victory lane.

Side note. The Kahne victory netted my wife a cool $195 in our annual Labor Day NASCAR pool. :cool:

Great to see a Kahne victory the other night along with the other HMS drivers in victory lane.

Side note. The Kahne victory netted my wife a cool $195 in our annual Labor Day NASCAR pool. :cool:

Congrats on that.....That was cool scen in victory lane.....I love how excited Gordon was. He was blown away by Kasey's restarts.

For any Kahne fans out there.....

@EliGoldBama Taping a NASCAR LIVE interview with Kasey Kahne today at 2:05 PM eastern. Call-in lines will be open at 1-800-2-NASCAR. Join us!

A little sad news involving Kahne's victory. For any of you that are frequent listeners to the SiriusXM NASCAR Radio shows you may be familiar with long time listener and caller Jan in Arizona. She passed away this past week leading up to the Atlanta race. She was a blind race fan that was a huge fan of Kasey Kahne.

@SteveLetarte

Lots of great energy around @TeamHendrick this morning. #ChasePrep is underway. Now with all 4 cars

BwkarBeCYAI_4MI.jpg:large

Umm....thats Harvick.

I have the picture of Kasey standing on his car at the start/finish line as my background on my home computer now. I am going to have it made into a poster for my man cave. I like what Larry Mac said on Racehub the other night....he used the word "dangerous" to describe Kasey in The Chase. I could not agree more. I am not making any bold prediction that he WILL be a factor for the title but if they get hot now and find that consitency that has been missing they are plenty capable of making some noice and being a threat. No one seems to be acknowleding that maybe the other HMS cars peaked too soon....

I have the picture of Kasey standing on his car at the start/finish line as my background on my home computer now. I am going to have it made into a poster for my man cave. I like what Larry Mac said on Racehub the other night....he used the word "dangerous" to describe Kasey in The Chase. I could not agree more. I am not making any bold prediction that he WILL be a factor for the title but if they get hot now and find that consitency that has been missing they are plenty capable of making some noice and being a threat. No one seems to be acknowleding that maybe the other HMS cars peaked too soon....
I hope it will be like his 2011 Chase with Redbull, he didn't make it in but I believe that he had the most points scored behind only Stewart and Edwards.
I made this today I think I stole the idea from someone on here though
boom kahnefetti.jpg

I hope it will be like his 2011 Chase with Redbull, he didn't make it in but I believe that he had the most points scored behind only Stewart and Edwards.
I made this today I think I stole the idea from someone on here though
View attachment 14424

Love it! Yes he had a GREAT Chase that year and in a RED BULL car. He would have finished third that year because while he had a great Chase Stewart and Edwards we on a whole different level. If I remember right they finished 1-2-3 at Texas that year. Kasey was close but when one guy (Stewart) pulls 5 wins out in the Chase he deserves it.

Love it! Yes he had a GREAT Chase that year and in a RED BULL car. He would have finished third that year because while he had a great Chase Stewart and Edwards we on a whole different level. If I remember right they finished 1-2-3 at Texas that year. Kasey was close but when one guy (Stewart) pulls 5 wins out in the Chase he deserves it.
Yeah, that was the year Kasey dominated the new layout at Phoenix

I'll make a bold prediction and say kasey will be a factor in the chase. I still think they're a little behind Harvick and a few other cars, but if they get hot at the right time and have some luck on their side he can win anywhere.

I'll make a bold prediction and say kasey will be a factor in the chase. I still think they're a little behind Harvick and a few other cars, but if they get hot at the right time and have some luck on their side he can win anywhere.

I agree the potnetial is there.....the question is if it will all come together. I think Richmond will be a very telling race now the pressure is off. If they unload fast and have a solid weekend they may just peake at the right time.

Regardless though with so many drivers in the chase I think the first round is about staying out of trouble.

Back
Top Bottom