Kasey Kahne

Ok, so is Gordon still half owner of the 48? FWIW, Kelly could field a satellite team for HMS.
Lots of ways to skin a cat.
Gordon has been listed as the co-owner of the 48 since Jimmie's rookie year. I suspect it's okay since they race for the same organization (?)

No, it hasn't always been the rule. It changed in recent years.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Because heck at one point you didn't have the 4 car limit like this so duh lol. Oh well, I guess for Chase to move up in 2016 either Gordon has to retire, Chase has to race for another team, or Jr has to move to JRM also.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Because heck at one point you didn't have the 4 car limit like this so duh lol. Oh well, I guess for Chase to move up in 2016 either Gordon has to retire, Chase has to race for another team, or Jr has to move to JRM also.
Yep.

Well I don't see that last one happening, and I would hope they would do all they could to make sure Chase didn't go to another team. So hopefully it will be Jeff retiring or something. This is where the 4 car rule starts hurting because drivers have to wait for a spot to open to move up. But I get the rule also.

Well I don't see that last one happening, and I would hope they would do all they could to make sure Chase didn't go to another team. So hopefully it will be Jeff retiring or something. This is where the 4 car rule starts hurting because drivers have to wait for a spot to open to move up. But I get the rule also.
HMS has plenty of addresses. One by name and the others by association. Basically, all the same place. Chase will fall under the HMS umbrella somewhere. What does it really matter anyhow as long as we get to see him move up and mature as a driver/person? It'll be fun to see what the kid can do.

HMS has plenty of addresses. One by name and the others by association. Basically, all the same place. Chase will fall under the HMS umbrella somewhere. What does it really matter anyhow as long as we get to see him move up and mature as a driver/person? It'll be fun to see what the kid can do.

True true, I mean I really would like to see the kid move up and set the world on fire.

Here's my dream scenario for 2016:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. leaves Hendrick and takes the #88 number and sponsors with him. He enters into a similar arrangement as SHR where he's a Hendrick "satellite" but still very much a Hendrick team. He fields this line up:

8 - Chase Elliott
81 - Kyle Larson
88 - Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. leaves Hendrick and takes the #88 number and sponsors with him. He enters into a similar arrangement as SHR where he's a Hendrick "satellite" but still very much a Hendrick team. He fields this line up:

8 - Chase Elliott
81 - Kyle Larson
88 - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Nudge..... nudge..... Just trying to wake you up. ;)

How the heck did Dale Jr. steal Larson? How's that part of the dream work?

Good for Kasey... now he doesn't have to spend all of next season playing the media circus about his contract being up and where he is going to end up.

Could not agree more.....This to me is HMS saying "Kasey is our guy" and not just for the next 3 seasons...all indications are that as suspected they see Kasey as a long term part of the team...likey the remainder of his career if he breaks through and gets a championship which is well within reach. I am not the "I told you so" kind of guy but I hope all the haters are loving this.....funny that they all seem to be absent.

I will say though it really makes me wonder where Chase will end up IF Gordon does not retire now that all 4 HMS Cars seem to be set. I know there was already a suggestion that JR could be out after 2016 but let's get real...that's not happening even if he has a DNF in every race for the next two seasons....too much money in the name. If I had to guess I would say that Jeff has already informed the organization that 2015 will be his last year, Once he announces it officially the next announcment will be Chase to the 24.

8 - Chase Elliott
81 - Kyle Larson
88 - Dale Earnhardt Jr.

I know you said it's a dream but where does all this Kyle Larson becoming a Hendrick or Hendrick affiliated driver come from?

Could not agree more.....This to me is HMS saying "Kasey is our guy" and not just for the next 3 seasons...all indications are that as suspected they see Kasey as a long term part of the team...likey the remainder of his career if he breaks through and gets a championship which is well within reach. I am not the "I told you so" kind of guy but I hope all the haters are loving this.....funny that they all seem to be absent.

I will say though it really makes me wonder where Chase will end up IF Gordon does not retire now that all 4 HMS Cars seem to be set. I know there was already a suggestion that JR could be out after 2016 but let's get real...that's not happening even if he has a DNF in every race for the next two seasons....too much money in the name. If I had to guess I would say that Jeff has already informed the organization that 2015 will be his last year, Once he announces it officially the next announcment will be Chase to the 24.
I still see Gordon retiring in the near future. Even if he says he's still competitive, and says he isn't retiring anytime soon. I'm sure the future is already set within the organization, and it'll be a minute before we all know what's in store for the future.

Good for Kasey. He's a good driver. He deserves some support and commitment from the owner. 17 Cup wins, and he's only 34. The potential is still there to explode into a full blown star in this sport in his late 30s. Obviously Mr. Hendrick recognized that, as he is the sharpest and most successful guy in the business. Keep in mind...our 2014 Sprint Cup champ had a few lean years not so long ago. This sport ebs and flows. Expect Kasey to have a good season in 2015.

Now that we no longer have to speculate about Kahne leaving HMS, hopefully this tired out thread will go away finally.

Larson is limited by Ganassi and he's a talented driver. It would stand to reason that Hendrick would want him.

Ganassi is not letting Larson leave anytime soon. He'd sooner sell both his Cup teams than lose a talent like Kyle. I don't know why people think he's just gonna waltz out the door to HMS tomorrow. He will be in the 42 Target Chevy SS for years to come.

upload_2014-11-20_13-38-33.png

New Sponsor

This is a bit awkward.

Gordon signed new deals with Axalta (2016) and 3M (2017) recently. The 3M deal was made in the middle of the 2014 season. He's said he wants to race 2-3 more years. I find it hard to believe HMS would terminate Jr.'s contract early. I can't imagine Jimmie leaving willingly unless Knaus leaves and Jimmie decides he wants to take on a challenge and make his mark with a new team (in a scenario that would parallel Sebastian Vettel leaving Red Bull for Ferrari once Adrian Newey decided to leave the program).

I guess it be rude to say verbatim what I said on twitter, so the edited version is eat it haters.
300802d1360010756-surveyor-tim-pitts-not-recommended-eat-crow.jpg
Exactly. But you won't see people like little Bobby or anyone else that has been hammering that Kasey will be gone after this season or next, say a single word. Wimps.

this is the same deal that happened with brad keselowski, listen how he talks about how mark martin won a race and he knew mark wanted to be in the car and he wasn't going to get in it. The interesting thing is gibbs is full and I don't see that changing. Roush is in a downward spiral and I don't see that changing. I suppose something could change and SHR might have an opening. but that is about the only place. penske has shown resistance to going back to 3 teams. who knows I had a feeling the deal with chase was all hype about him getting in an HMS cup car.

Ganassi is not letting Larson leave anytime soon. He'd sooner sell both his Cup teams than lose a talent like Kyle. I don't know why people think he's just gonna waltz out the door to HMS tomorrow. He will be in the 42 Target Chevy SS for years to come.

Because Hendrick is Hendrick. If he calls, larson would jump at the chance to drive race winning cars each and every week. Something he hasn't been able to do so far

Farmers must love him. Think Danica with this signing.

With the money, he can actually attain results though.

Yeah, I think it just funny that we recognize that Danica can have that ride because she can attract sponsorship regardless of her ability. Why wouldn't the same deal hold here? If Farmers likes him, it doesn't matter how he performs. Danica taught us that. Without question, Mr. H. has a plan that will cover his ass. This signing will not keep Elliot from the drive everybody says he deserves.

Yeah, I think it just funny that we recognize that Danica can have that ride because she can attract sponsorship regardless of her ability. Why wouldn't the same deal hold here? If Farmers likes him, it doesn't matter how he performs. Danica taught us that. Without question, Mr. H. has a plan that will cover his ass. This signing will not keep Elliot from the drive everybody says he deserves.

My thing is that people forgets how good Kasey is. As I've said on so many occasions, it is because he's with HMS. He was the guy at Evernham, Petty, and Red Bull. It's the vast amount of talent with great drivers he's with that hides his ability and he's one of the best 1.5 mile racers in the field. He's not on Danica's level at all, but there is nothing wrong with having a trustworthy sponsor. He will be able to go anywhere if Farmer's continue to fund him.

Having loyal sponsors is a blessing. Look at most of the drivers in the field. They at least have ONE sponsor for most of the races. That's the owner job to cover his ads as well. Like your boy Kyle and him being so close to losing his M&Ms' sponsor this year, but they extended the deal.

Better thank Coach Gibbs for that.

The difference between Danica and Kasey is Kasey actually WINS races, gets tops 5's, top 10's, runs up front. I don't think Farmers would stick around if he performed at the level Danica does. I like Danica, but we all know why she has Go Daddy as a sponsor and is with a top tier team.

With an average start/finish of 17th this year, and for him those are good numbers. Hopefully he can get better next year. I'm not a huge fan, but I go back to when he was driving the #9 red Dodge. He has been all over the map, runs hot and cold. I would like to see a consistent top ten car out of him next year.

My thing is that people forgets how good Kasey is. As I've said on so many occasions, it is because he's with HMS. He was the guy at Evernham, Petty, and Red Bull. It's the vast amount of talent with great drivers he's with that hides his ability and he's one of the best 1.5 mile racers in the field. He's not on Danica's level at all, but there is nothing wrong with having a trustworthy sponsor. He will be able to go anywhere if Farmer's continue to fund him.

Having loyal sponsors is a blessing. Look at most of the drivers in the field. They at least have ONE sponsor for most of the races. That's the owner job to cover his ads as well. Like your boy Kyle and him being so close to losing his M&Ms' sponsor this year, but they extended the deal.

Kasey couldn't adapt to the 0 Ride Height, but he wasn't alone. Farmers probably doesn't get that. You are right Mr. H. probably did some educating there. Without question Coach saved M&M's for Kyle. That wasn't all he did for Kyle.

Yep. I have no earthly idea why some on here **** on Kasey like he's some scrub or something. At this point, I just kinda shrug my shoulders, laugh and move on.

Back
Top Bottom