Kasey Kahne

He's talented and can get wins, but he's very forgettable IMO. No charisma, no excitement; I've never known anybody to be a hardcore Kahne fan (well, until I saw you KahneFan :D). He's akin to the likes of Greg Biffle and Ryan Newman; they all seem to be towards the bottom when it comes to the top echelon of drivers.

Younger non-breast feeding women love him. Very hardcore.

He's talented and can get wins, but he's very forgettable IMO. No charisma, no excitement; I've never known anybody to be a hardcore Kahne fan (well, until I saw you KahneFan :D). He's akin to the likes of Greg Biffle and Ryan Newman; they all seem to be towards the bottom when it comes to the top echelon of drivers.

Kahne has the 2nd biggest fanbase in the sport

Yeah I'm sick of the assumption that all Kahne fans are 12 year old girls who think he is dreamy. There are plenty of us who see him as the great race car driver he is and also are men.

It was a barb man. Chill. I respect your passion--don't let it drive you to posting like that.

Kasey Kahne was over-rated before he came to HMS. Rick brain-farted.
you gotta be kidding me. what other driver was available at the time that was better?? when you own a nascar team you have to take the best driver that is available.

Yeah I'm sick of the assumption that all Kahne fans are 12 year old girls who think he is dreamy. There are plenty of us who see him as the great race car driver he is and also are men.
90% is not all ;)

Kasey ran really well today . Came back after the pit road incident.

Am I the only one who thinks Kasey is a little bit overrated since coming to HMS?
I am sure you are not the only one but anyone who thinks he is overrated is really not paying full attention to him. He is still pretty young and already has 16 wins. He has won 4 races in 2 years with HMS. He has won in equipment that others don't win in and he has won at all types of tracks. I actually think he is one of the most UNDERRATED drivers out there. He just can't seem to catch a break though. He has has been through so much turmoil in his career with changing owners and teams and just when he as getting settled at HMS his lead engineer leaves to go crew cheif the 1 car and they have struggled to adjust to new people and the rule changes. Now he has to hear the whispers that Chase Elliott is going to take his ride. Personally I don't think it will happen. The plan has always been for Chase to take over for Jeff Gordon when he retires. If Kasey rattles off a few wins this year and is in the championship conversation all that talk will go away. Even if he continues to struggle I still don't see Hendrick letting him go so quickly. He signed him before he even had a seat open because he was aware of the talent level.

Kasey Kahne is the new Casey Mears of the Hendrick organization, except with a bit more success. Then again, he's been more successful in terms of race wins than Jr. has so that's gotta count for something.

I dont think he is overrated. He is not a driver everyone expects to see win every race or contend for titles every year.

He's like a Biffle type driver. Wins 1 or 2 races a year and doesn't do much of anything in the championship scheme of things.
OK....So who other than Jimmie Johnson who does consitently? Kasey is as good as anyone out there except Johnson which there is obviously no shame in. If he could just have a little luck he is plenty capable of giving Johnson a run for his money. He has wins at every type of track. His only weakness is that he needs to get better at getting a more solid finsh ot of the car when they are a little off. He runied his Chase last year because he was pushing to hard at Loudon and tryting to get more than the car would give.

Hell, Kyle booted him out of two good finishes last year, took him completely out of the race. That is hard to come back from. I've noticed that he is pretty hit and miss when it comes to his car control/adjustments. If I had one word to use to describe him it would be erratic. I think this new format will give him a better chancebecause if they get the car right and he pays attention to what he is doing he can be scary fast.

You're plain delussional to say he's the second best driver out of the Hendrick boys.

That's asinine.

Everyone in that organization is beating him right now. Sure he squeeks in a win or two every year but to be considered second best in an organization such as Hendrick you have to do more than your occassional win.

Kahne since joining the Hendrick organization..

Wins: 4
Top 5: 23
Top 10: 35
Pole: 4
Laps led: 977

Junior..

Wins: 2
Top 5: 24
Top 10: 46
Pole: 3
Laps led: 830

Gordon..

Wins: 3
Top 5: 21
Top 10: 39
Laps led: 1,029

Where does Kahne comes second out of those 4 guys in general?

Someone had it right when they said he was the 4th guy in that stable.

How you come up with a solid 4th? He has more wins than both, as many if not more poles and his top 5's are consistent with both but I guess apparently you are throwing out all of that and looking at Jr's top 10's.....Man, Kasey has done as well as anyone in recent memory except Jimmie Johson and everyone loves to rip on him as soon as they have a bad stretch. It will be funny when he rattles off a few wins later this year and is a factor in the championship and all this talk can go away. Also, 16 wins in this day and age of NASCAR quailifies for more than the just an "occasional" win...especially whn you look at all the 2nd place finishes he had lasy year not to mention getting wrecked by Kyle Busch 3 times when he had potential winning cars.

Jr. finishes 2nd often >> He has no killer instinct.

Kahne finishes 2nd often >> He has bad luck.

Good 'ol Racing Forums. lol

How you come up with a solid 4th? He has more wins than both, as many if not more poles and his top 5's are consistent with both but I guess apparently you are throwing out all of that and looking at Jr's top 10's.....Man, Kasey has done as well as anyone in recent memory except Jimmie Johson and everyone loves to rip on him as soon as they have a bad stretch. It will be funny when he rattles off a few wins later this year and is a factor in the championship and all this talk can go away. Also, 16 wins in this day and age of NASCAR quailifies for more than the just an "occasional" win...especially whn you look at all the 2nd place finishes he had lasy year not to mention getting wrecked by Kyle Busch 3 times when he had potential winning cars.

I feel like kahne slept with half the posters wives on here or something. They have it out for him. 16 wins and 27 poles is so bad, I can't believe he even has a cup ride :rolleyes:

Kasey Kahne is the new Casey Mears of the Hendrick organization, except with a bit more success. Then again, he's been more successful in terms of race wins than Jr. has so that's gotta count for something.

Except kahne is a top talent and mears is a backmarker

I feel like kahne slept with half the posters wives on here or something. They have it out for him. 16 wins and 27 poles is so bad, I can't believe he even has a cup ride :rolleyes:

Yet Jr. has less wins with Hendrick and Kasey has been with HMS less than a third of the time and that's all OK because it's JR.

Yet Jr. has less wins with Hendrick and Kasey has been with HMS less than a third of the time and that's all OK because it's JR.

If I'm a business man, such as Rick Hendrick is, you damn straight that's OK. At the end of the day, HMS is about making money. I guarantee you JR has made him a helluva lot more money than Kasey Kahne ever will.

If I'm a business man, such as Rick Hendrick is, you damn straight that's OK. At the end of the day, HMS is about making money. I guarantee you JR has made him a helluva lot more money than Kasey Kahne ever will.

That may be PARTIALLY true.....It's true that having Jr makes Hendrick more moeny than Kahne but lets be real...Jr himself does not make that money....his NAME does. It's sad that a NAME means more than results.

That may be PARTIALLY true.....It's true that having Jr makes Hendrick more moeny than Kahne but lets be real...Jr himself does not make that money....his NAME does. It's sad that a NAME means more than results.

Lol. Wut? Ummm, theres no partial truth to it. Jr makes Hendrick more money than Kahne. Completely true. Jr doesn't make him the money, his name does? Is his name not Jr? Yep. Therefor, he makes him the money.

No question Kasey is not a superstar . He is 50th out of 182 on the all time win list . Right there with Donnie Allison, Tim Richmond,Ernie Irvan,Curtis Turner and the like . Five wins would put him in the top 35 all time . No big deal , but respectable ,and a highly marketable individual.

Yeah, but then again Kasey IS only just barlely turning 34...still has a solid 5-10 years left before age is even a factor....I think you are selling him short. There is only ONE "superstar" on the track right now in terms of performance and that is Jimme Johnson....others on the superstar list no longer perform at that level such as Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart. Who out there is winning more than a race or 2 a year consistently AND competing for a championship every year other than JJ in the last 10 or so years? NO ONE...That's who. You also can't look at the names on the all time win list as the drivers you mention raced during a different time when wins were not as hard to come by because the competition was not as stiff. if Kasey is able to win 10-15 more races in his career he would end up with about 30 wins which in this day and age of NASCAR is nothing to sneeze at. Also, if there were an award for most bad luck every year that would go to Kasey almost every year.

Lol. Wut? Ummm, theres no partial truth to it. Jr makes Hendrick more money than Kahne. Completely true. Jr doesn't make him the money, his name does? Is his name not Jr? Yep. Therefor, he makes him the money.

My point is that Jr's performance does not make the money his NAME does. His name always will regardless of what he does on the track. So really Jr himself is not making that money...all of his father's accomplishments before him are making that moeny.

Kahne has the 2nd biggest fanbase in the sport

I am SOOOO impressed that someone actually knew that!!! Kasey is a perfect example of a person who has legions of fans but it is downplayed by NASCAR because Jr. is their poster boy. I know at least 5 hardcore Kahne fans personally...may of them (like me) were Bill Elliott fans looking to fill the void when he semi-retired and Kasey took over the 9.

Way to go Einstein you just proved his point

I am SOOOO impressed that someone actually knew that!!! Kasey is a perfect example of a person who has legions of fans but it is downplayed by NASCAR because Jr. is their poster boy. I know at least 5 hardcore Kahne fans personally...may of them (like me) were Bill Elliott fans looking to fill the void when he semi-retired and Kasey took over the 9.

Yep. I'm a guy and I'm a big fan of his because he is a wheel man. Liked him since he started in the great clips car

OK....So who other than Jimmie Johnson who does consitently? Kasey is as good as anyone out there except Johnson which there is obviously no shame in. If he could just have a little luck he is plenty capable of giving Johnson a run for his money. He has wins at every type of track. His only weakness is that he needs to get better at getting a more solid finsh ot of the car when they are a little off. He runied his Chase last year because he was pushing to hard at Loudon and tryting to get more than the car would give.

Bait post on which I will not even bother to point the many reasons why he's never a contender for the championship.

Luck has nothing to do with his lack of consistency. Everyone has bad luck so try again.

You're trying too hard.

Kahne is good, I admit as much but he's nothing out of this world.

Did you check out my 2012-2014 stats compared to that of Gordon and Jr.? He has 1 more win in that span. Earth shattering. Give Kahne a championship, he done whipped those boys. Wooo

Reality check since you purposfully missed this key post of mine..

Kahne since joining the Hendrick organization..

Wins: 4
Top 5: 23
Top 10: 35
Laps led: 977

Junior..

Wins: 2
Top 5: 24
Top 10: 46
Pole: 3
Laps led: 830

Gordon..

Wins: 3
Top 5: 21
Top 10: 39
Laps led: 1,029

That isn't even the updated stats since I posted those. By this point both Gordon and Jr. have more top 5s and top 10s than Kahne in his tenure at Hendrick.

I know you're sticking for your driver but numbers dont lie.

You're trying too hard.

Kahne is good, I admit as much but he's nothing out of this world.

Did you check out my 2012-2014 stats compared to that of Gordon and Jr.? He has 1 more win in that span. Earth shattering. Give Kahne a championship, he done whipped those boys. Wooo

Reality check since you purposfully missed this key post of mine..

That isn't even the updated stats since I posted those. By this point both Gordon and Jr. have more top 5s and top 10s than Kahne in his tenure at Hendrick.

I know you're sticking for your driver but numbers dont lie.
Bait post on which I will not even bother to point the many reasons why he's never a contender for the championship.

Luck has nothing to do with his lack of consistency. Everyone has bad luck so try again.

Lol that's true but kahne has some of the worst luck of any driver I've ever seen. He makes the Kennedy's look like powerball winners

Back
Top Bottom