Kenseth fails post race insp

Only 1 fix for this...in addition to pre and post inspections add 3 competition yeller inspections during the race.

This will also allow a bunch more commericals so nascar should love the idea.

Who is happy about the penalties on the 20? Hand raised! :partytime

Cheated up rear skew, says Bob Pockrass.

^ Yeah. I am so ready for zero rear skew before the race, after the race, and during the race. There is one camera angle at Loudon that has the cars near the wall off turn 4 and the crab-walking down the front straight is so obvious and looks so ridiculous. I remarked during the race that the Gibbs cars seemed more skewed than others (from a random partial sample that I saw). Not that such eyeball measurements mean anything... they don't.

Rear steer is faster.

The rules detailing allowable rear wheel/tire toe angles are right there with the rear camber angle specs. If NASCAR mandates zero toe angles, these cars will still have rear steer under load. It's been going on ever since people figured out how Harry Gant won 4 in a row.

Why would they waste their time taking away 15 regular points that are essentially meaningless for a guy in Kenseth's position? Why not take away the 3 bonus points that he'll get to carry into the 1st round of the chase by winning the race? I mean good lord, is it that difficult to come up with a penalty that somewhat hits these guys where it hurts?

Why would they waste their time taking away 15 regular points that are essentially meaningless for a guy in Kenseth's position? Why not take away the 3 bonus points that he'll get to carry into the 1st round of the chase by winning the race? I mean good lord, is it that difficult to come up with a penalty that somewhat hits these guys where it hurts?
Now, if only he had a loose lug nut..... Then we'd be talkin' bout a penalty!

I think if Kenseth had to choose his penalty between 15 regular season points and yanking out a nose hair, he'd opt for the 15 points each and every time.

I think if Kenseth had to choose his penalty between 15 regular season points and yanking out a nose hair, he'd opt for the 15 points each and every time.
This is the guy tied with Johnson for making into the Chase the most times. Mr. Consistency can make up points in his sleep.

I would love to see what this conversation was like if it was anyone but Mat.
Biffle and Kahne have also been penalized 15 points this year for failing post-race inspection. Look around here; I'm sure there are conversations related to their penalties.

Great idea for next year . Any changes for this year would just be because it's Matt .

With these penalties Nascar is begging teams to cheat, any team that doesn't have a win should be cheating every week.

I remarked during the race that the Gibbs cars seemed more skewed than others (from a random partial sample that I saw).

They don't need lasers anymore, I guess. SMDH.

Paul Menard reacts to NASCAR's heavy handed penalty handed down to the #17 team.

Paul Menard Reacts.jpg

the gibbs car look like a country dog going to town. What a huge fine the 17 received, wow. LOL

Danica's team needs to add rocket fuel or nitrous to her fuel on a last pit stop to get the monumental win. Obviously, who cares about the points she'd lose. She would be a Nascar winner finally and circumstances would soon be forgotten o a degree. Have her place in the HOF cemented too!

Because what was wrong was meaningless.
So breaking the rules should only be "heavily" punished if we know and it is confirmed that it directly affected the outcome?

Rules are rules, and this little stuff won't go away until they start to make these guys actually care about the repercussions. The 15 points are completely meaningless, he's going to be slotted in the chase based on number of wins. Therefore, since his violation occurred in a race he won, why should he be allowed to start on a level playing field as every other guy with the same number of wins come chase time?

Make these guys think about what they're doing.

So breaking the rules should only be "heavily" punished if we know and it is confirmed that it directly affected the outcome?

Rules are rules, and this little stuff won't go away until they start to make these guys actually care about the repercussions. The 15 points are completely meaningless, he's going to be slotted in the chase based on number of wins. Therefore, since his violation occurred in a race he won, why should he be allowed to start on a level playing field as every other guy with the same number of wins come chase time?

I agree with all of this.

As very interested observers, we're unfortunately not given enough information about the specifics of the offense. It's entirely possible that actions of the team caused the rear end housing to be out of compliance post-race. It's also possible that it was caused by component damage. It's likely that intent plays into the severity of the penalty. JMO, of course.

Exactly

Danica's team needs to add rocket fuel or nitrous to her fuel on a last pit stop to get the monumental win. Obviously, who cares about the points she'd lose. She would be a Nascar winner finally and circumstances would soon be forgotten o a degree. Have her place in the HOF cemented too!
Being over-skewed is one thing, but when you mess with the Holy Trinity (fuel, tires, engine displacement), you're looking at Level 6 Death Penalty. See MWR's first Daytona weekend.

Being over-skewed is one thing, but when you mess with the Holy Trinity (fuel, tires, engine displacement), you're looking at Level 6 Death Penalty. See MWR's first Daytona weekend.
Level 6 isn't a death penalty when you are practically dead anyway and part of a power team. The worst that happens is loss of 150 points (big deal when average finish is 20 something), $150-200K (no big deal unless you are a start and park), lose your CC for 6 races, probation for all involved until the end of year or 6 months, loss of any benefits from starting or finishing position, and loss of owner points earned.

I don't see anything there that says you lose the win as Mr. France had wanted?

I don't believe any driver wants to win by 'cheating' . On the other hand , this and every other form of motorsports has grown up on innovation and pushing the envelope . No crew chief is earning their pay check if they aren't experimenting in grey areas not specifically covered in the rule book .One of the best was Robin Pemberton , Nascar had to hire him to find out what he knew . I have no doubt that there is an open offer to Chad Knaus to come and work for Nascar whenever he is ready to leave HMS.

They really need to start taking wins away if the winning car is caught cheating. These points penalties are meaningless thanks to the chase.

Level 6 isn't a death penalty when you are practically dead anyway and part of a power team. The worst that happens is loss of 150 points (big deal when average finish is 20 something), $150-200K (no big deal unless you are a start and park), lose your CC for 6 races, probation for all involved until the end of year or 6 months, loss of any benefits from starting or finishing position, and loss of owner points earned.

I don't see anything there that says you lose the win as Mr. France had wanted?
When you run in 20-somethings, 150 points is the equivalent of missing seven races. That's enough to drop a 20-something team below 30th in points, so that win won't get it into the Chase. It wouldn't matter if Ironhead himself showed up to drive; there wouldn't be a waiver for an L6 team.

When you run in 20-somethings, 150 points is the equivalent of missing seven races. That's enough to drop a 20-something team below 30th in points, so that win won't get it into the Chase. It wouldn't matter if Ironhead himself showed up to drive; there wouldn't be a waiver for an L6 team.

Yeah but a 20 something place driver isn't making the Chase or getting a legitimate win anyway. The 10 team doesn't appear on their way to either so why not get a win? Heck, may not even get caught?

L6 Penalty would remove you from Chase eligibility anyway from how I interpret the punishment. But like I said, at least get your name in the record book.

Yeah but a 20 something place driver isn't making the Chase or getting a legitimate win anyway. The 10 team doesn't appear on their way to either so why not get a win? Heck, may not even get caught?

L6 Penalty would remove you from Chase eligibility anyway from how I interpret the punishment. But like I said, at least get your name in the record book.

Yabbut.

David Ragan won a race at Talladega in 2013 When the race was OVER, he still hadn't cracked the top 20.

Dark horse ... another small thing that makes racing interesting and worth watching.

Okay, I get it, the death penalty for parking violations. I am consistently amazed by the juvenile "rules are rules" crap. Does that exist anywhere? Anywhere? No. You have a speed limit of 55 on the freeway so that idiots won't go 100. Even then, some do, and then you nail their asses to the wall. You don't lock a guy up for 60. 20 went 60. Again, he should be allowed to start on a level playing field because what was wrong with the car was insignificant. Period. These guys are thinking about what they are doing, and that's why they are doing it.

If a car fails inspection, just stamp failed on the hood and tell them to fix it. Don't even explain why. Winning car doesn't pass, NEXT, if it passes they are the winner.
Very soon every car will go through inspections with no problems. :D

^ Yeah. I am so ready for zero rear skew before the race, after the race, and during the race. There is one camera angle at Loudon that has the cars near the wall off turn 4 and the crab-walking down the front straight is so obvious and looks so ridiculous. I remarked during the race that the Gibbs cars seemed more skewed than others (from a random partial sample that I saw). Not that such eyeball measurements mean anything... they don't.

I noticed the rear steer big time even in person at Loudon. It was huge.

I noticed the rear steer big time even in person at Loudon. It was huge.

....and NASCAR uses a laser to detect it when you can just look? How many degrees?

....and NASCAR uses a laser to detect it when you can just look? How many degrees?

Hey wise guy, they don't and can't laser measure the rear steer. That only occurs under load. During inspection there is no rear steer as the car is sitting static.

Hey wise guy, they don't and can't laser measure the rear steer. That only occurs under load. During inspection there is no rear steer as the car is sitting static.
He knows that.

Wise guy? Huh ... is Kevin Harvick still going to HMS?

Settle down.....just having some fun....:D

Back
Top Bottom