Keselowski and Stewart Fined

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Link

Both drivers fined, placed on four-race probation

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Oct. 14, 2014) -- NASCAR has assessed behavioral penalties to drivers Brad Keselowski and Tony Stewart for their involvement in post-race incidents on Oct. 11 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Keselowski has been fined $50,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship events through Nov. 12 for violating:
• Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing
• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty -- involved in post-race incidents
Stewart has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship events through Nov. 12 for violating:
• Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing
• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty -- involved in a post-race incident

"These penalties are about maintaining a safe environment following the race," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR senior vice president, competition and racing development. "We knew that the new Chase format was likely going to raise the intensity level and we want our drivers to continue to be themselves. However, the safety of our drivers, crew members, officials, and workers is paramount and we will react when that safety could be compromised."​

Last edited:
Knew they wouldn't do anything serious to hurt the Chase contenders chances of actually advancing to the next round.

NASCAR: We're run by a bunch of pussies.

Yay, fat boy didn't get away with his crazy sheet.

Still confused how Hamlin gets away with ramming 2 car in the garage, but what Kez did was totally unsafe.

This is a fitting penalty for Stewart. Brad should have been sat out for a race.

I really believe Keslowski should've been the only one fined. And only because of how crazy he was on the cool down lap.

Everyone else's actions were 100% based on Keslowski.

If Brad wasn't still in contention for the championship, he'd probably have received a bigger penalty.

Fines that amount to chump change and double super secret probation. That's about what I expected, and I'm satisfied with it. Kes acted a fool on Saturday night, but I don't think NASCAR should have thrown the book at him and they didn't.

Fines that amount to chump change and double super secret probation. That's about what I expected, and I'm satisfied with it. Kes acted a fool on Saturday night, but I don't think NASCAR should have thrown the book at him and they didn't.

I think they should of thrown the book at Kez to at least drive home the point that safety on pit row and in the garage is a priority, which apparently, it's not.

I think they should of thrown the book at Kez to at least drive home the point that safety on pit row and in the garage is a priority, which apparently, it's not.
It is. A fine and probation is usually all that happens in these types of situations.

LOL @ #14...STUPID ARSE CREATING MORE NEGATIVE ATTENTION TOWARDS HIMSELF...FINES AND PROBATION ALL THE WHILE YOUR WAITING FOR THE HAMMER TO DROP WITH THE CIVIL LAWSUIT...THERE'S NO REELIN THIS D-BAG IN...HE'S A CLASSIC CASE OF BI-POLAR, WITH INSTANTANEOUS FITS OF RAGE...

Bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression) causes serious shifts in mood, energy, thinking, and behavior—from the highs of mania on one extreme, to the lows of depression on the other. More than just a fleeting good or bad mood, the cycles of bipolar disorder last for days, weeks, or months. And unlike ordinary mood swings, the mood changes of bipolar disorder are so intense that they interfere with your ability to function

Last edited by a moderator:

What about Denny Hamlin? He's the one who compromised the safety of drivers, crew members and everyone else.

Tony Stewart was literally a bystander caught up in someone else's mess. And Denny Hamlin's actions, on the track and in the garage, are what caused all of this. What a joke.

A little light on Kes. At the least they should've suspended Paul Wolfe so that he has a (slight) disadvantage next week. Suprised that Tony got fined 25k and Kenseth got away.

I think I understand the reasoning --- not that I agree with it, but I understand it.
Brad and Tony did things with their cars , and that's makes a big difference. I still think Brad
should have been penalized a bit more because of what he did with his car in the garage.

What Hamlin did with his CAR is what caused all of this. And he's the one who was racing through the garage with the intent to wreck another car. He should've been suspended for his actions.

@SteveRichards57

Here at Martinsville, @keselowski told me he'd rather not comment on the penalty. Wanted to concentrate on testing

In My Opinion that was a dipsheet penalty. It should have cost BK at least 25 points. He was the instigator and was the one endangering other people.

Im sure the sponsor fall out and whatnot is not going to pleasant either
Ehh, I don't think that the fine folks at Detroit Genuine Parts, Dollar General, etc. are too upset about the extra exposure. ;)

Some dudes ran into each others' cars and Matt got Brad in a headlock. No biggie. It's not like anyone committed the egregious sin of race manipulation/not putting forth 100% effort. :rolleyes:

As some of y'all already alluded to, the four guys involved in this probably popped champagne bottles and feasted on turkey and lobster in celebration of what happened on Saturday night. It's like at work when you get told privately, "well, this customer is upset with you, and we both know you didn't do anything wrong, but I'll pretend to be upset with you and make you apologize just to satisfy the customer and keep them coming back and spending more of their money."

Im sure the sponsor fall out and whatnot is not going to pleasant either

I doubt Miller Light is going to stop sponsoring Kez. Usually you have to do something pretty damn dramatic, like be involved in a scandal to fix The Chase standing, but even that's not a guarantee.

I just hope Sundays race is great and we have some better to talk about. No snark intended the story has just dominated all of the real racing talking imo.

Tony Stewart was literally a bystander caught up in someone else's mess. And Denny Hamlin's actions, on the track and in the garage, are what caused all of this. What a joke.

If Tony didn't go nuts, nobody would be talking about Kez rubbing on Matts car. Minor contact considering Stewart and Hamlins history of doing the same on pit road and getting away with it.

I wonder what it's going to take to get NASCAR to levy some serious penalties, does someone in pit row or the garage have to die before they find their balls?

I just hope Sundays race is great and we have some better to talk about. No snark intended the story has just dominated all of the real racing talking imo.
I hear ya, but I think that what happened and the resulting conversation have both been pretty entertaining. We haven't seen a good dustup like this since Gordon and Bowyer in 2012.

Everyone else's actions were 100% based on Keslowski.

So we're dealing with kids who can't control themselves when another kid goes off?

Nah. Hamlin and Tony are adults who have to take responsibility for their own actions.

Back
Top Bottom