Keselowski and Stewart Fined

My guess is the penalties were really for what was caught on camera. Stewart's incident was caught on cameras, and all of Brad's incidents were caught on camera. Hamlin's weren't, but were documented through social media. As for Kenseth, he got off, because the only thing he did was put Brad in a head lock, no punches thrown for all I can see.

gross.gif

my favorite movie!

Let's talk about the real issue here folks. 2 out of the 3 JGR drivers were involved in this melee and Kyle Busch was nowhere to be found. What kind of bizzaro world are we in???

It's the kinder gentler Rowdy. You know. The one the media has been shoving up our asses for 3 years. Don't buy it. Never will.

NASCAR couldn't fine Matt, they are still in shock. They have Mr. Monotone, dry white bread, laid back Lenny going on a rampage.
Matt is so laid back he's prone.
Fear not NASCAR will fine him heavily when he wins, by coming in 18th at Homestead and winning the cup, with no race wins.
Take that France, Helton, Pemberton etal.

NASCAR couldn't fine Matt, they are still in shock. They have Mr. Monotone, dry white bread, laid back Lenny going on a rampage.
Matt is so laid back he's prone.
Fear not NASCAR will fine him heavily when he wins, by coming in 18th at Homestead and winning the cup, with no race wins.
Take that France, Helton, Pemberton etal.

Haha. A title with no wins under the current format would be the funniest thing, to me, in motorsports history.

Haha. A title with no wins under the current format would be the funniest thing, to me, in motorsports history.

Ryan Newman is in the running too , isn't he ? This could be the best year ever if one of em wins the Cup and no races .

Looks fair to me. Nascar took responsibility for creating the drama. All in good fun, nobody hurt, boys have at it. The mamby pamby witch hunters are disappointed and will have to put away their tar and feathers for another day. On to Dega, Kez and Hamlin live to see another race. Don't turn your back on Kenseth, he's a sneaky one.

Racing is the best it has been in years hands down..but watch, some ya who will spit out some unrelated TV stats or some other negative hogwash anytime anybody says something positive.

NASCAR was painted into a corner on this one. .

Just out of curiosity, who was holding the brush?

I'm happy, and a little surprised, nascar stood up for safety. Apparently, they also reminded Matt of their previous instructions to drivers. Don't take safety equipment off until you are stopped on PR or at your hauler.

Racing is the best it has been in years hands down..but watch, some ya who will spit out some unrelated TV stats or some other negative hogwash anytime anybody says something positive.

Yep. Who cares who the champ is? If they fix the car and tires, this could get real good.

It already is real good. Those on the bubble aren't going to be dilly dallying around, and neither is anybody else. They will be racing hard the whole time hide an watch.

nascar stood up for safety. Apparently, they also reminded Matt of their previous instructions to drivers. Don't take safety equipment off until you are stopped on PR or at your hauler.
That part of the story I never read. I really would have thought that fell under the umbrella of common sense. Guess not.

That part of the story I never read. I really would have thought that fell under the umbrella of common sense. Guess not.

Can't find the story again, but it said Matt admitted nascar has instructed drivers about that. Some TV talking head also said nascar had re-asserted the directive. I'm happy, if it's true.

Could have been premeditated, Kenseth was going to jump out quick and catch Kez still in his car all hooked up but he had to wait until Tony and Hamlin was thru with him.

Could have been premeditated, Kenseth was going to jump out quick and catch Kez still in his car all hooked up but he had to wait until Tony and Hamlin was thru with him.

Matt knew Brad would come for him, so he thought he would go for immunity. What's also strange is how Tony is just sitting there and letting Matt drive around him. Matt had no intention of getting in line. They set Kez up pretty good, and the dummy went for it.

My feelings regarding Talladega are well known around here but I am very interested in seeing how this turns out. I still don't think an RP track has any business hosting a Chase event but I am pretty stoked to see how this plays out.

My feelings regarding Talladega are well known around here but I am very interested in seeing how this turns out. I still don't think an RP track has any business hosting a Chase event but I am pretty stoked to see how this plays out.

You haven't had a dust-up with anybody all year . Are you trying for the Lady Bing or what ? Please , no more Mr. Nice Guy . :)

"Here's the rule of thumb in this sport," Clint Bowyer, driver of the No. 15 Toyota for MWR, playfully noted Tuesday between test sessions. "If Matt Kenseth comes running at you and puts you in a headlock and punches you in the nose, there's no jury needed. There's no judge needed. You're guilty. Period.

"This is the nicest guy in the garage and if you can get him to that breaking point, there's no sense of even saying anything. Just take your beating and go home."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ck-nascar-charlotte-fight-penalties/17302809/

FYl: I took it upon myself, to double check the point standings. Wanted to be sure weather or not NASCAR gave Matt bonus points for showing some emotions. Nope they did not.

Re: Smith's win

It's pretty clear that Smith has a run as they enter the tri-oval and was below Stewart when he decided to head down.
Yep. They solved that little problem, though - now they just hold their position and wreck the leader coming to the flag if they have to, i.e. Keselowski/Edwards in 2009.

"Here's the rule of thumb in this sport," Clint Bowyer, driver of the No. 15 Toyota for MWR, playfully noted Tuesday between test sessions. "If Matt Kenseth comes running at you and puts you in a headlock and punches you in the nose, there's no jury needed. There's no judge needed. You're guilty. Period.

"This is the nicest guy in the garage and if you can get him to that breaking point, there's no sense of even saying anything. Just take your beating and go home."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ck-nascar-charlotte-fight-penalties/17302809/
:XXROFL:

Yep, pretty much.

I hope Clint never retires. Funny guy. I still chuckle when I think about the time he came out of the pits under yellow and wrecked Hamlin (who had just wrecked Clint) out of the lead in a NW race. When a reporter asked Clint about it, he said "I'm not sure. It all happened so fast". lol

Back
Top Bottom