Keselowski Testing Penske Indy Car at Road America Today

aunty dive

Team Owner
Contributor
Reactions: Bob
@Charlie Spencer

“We put a bit more downforce on than we normally run, Simon went and put a benchmark lap time down. Brad got in the car about 3.30 and ran until 6 and ran about 40 laps

Cindric admitted he was impressed with the way Keselowski had whittled down to a lap time, saying: “He got down to 1min48-48.5s which is about four or five seconds off.
http://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/cindric-impressed-by-keselowskis-indycar-test-787146/

Top time at last September's test was a 1:43.002 by Scott Dixon.
  1. Dixon 1:43.002
  2. Power 1:43.095
  3. Rahal 1:43.360
  4. Kanaan 1:43.475
  5. Newgarden 1:43.545
  6. Simon Pagenaud 1:43.730
  7. Takuma Sato 1:43.910
  8. Helio Castroneves 1:43.970
  9. Charlie Kimball 1:44.265
  10. Juan Montoya 1:44.855.
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/1...st-an-eye-opener-for-drivers-fans#!16C_6028_2

Where was the promotion for this?!

Edit: okay so it was spontaneous it seems, which is way cooler than a commercialized seat swap.

Last edited:
I love it when drivers like to drive.....Its not just a job to them. Kyle and Kurt Busch remind me of this as well, Tony, and Kyle Larson as well as Rick Stenhouse seem to be as well. Anyone think of any others?

The benefit of being in a race team that runs other series. The Ganassi drivers also get opportunities to run cars in other series.

I love it when drivers like to drive.....Its not just a job to them. Kyle and Kurt Busch remind me of this as well, Tony, and Kyle Larson as well as Rick Stenhouse seem to be as well. Anyone think of any others?
I love it too. But they often get roasted in social media when they do anything other than Cup races, and remain in a cocoon between Cup races. Like Tony Stewart when he had an injury playing in a sand buggy. Or like Kyle Busch or Kevin Harvick or Brad Keselowski when they race in Xfinity. I guess fans just have weird expectations of how others should live their lives.

I love it too. But they often get roasted in social media when they do anything other than Cup races, and remain in a cocoon between Cup races. Like Tony Stewart when he had an injury playing in a sand buggy. Or like Kyle Busch or Kevin Harvick or Brad Keselowski when they race in Xfinity. I guess fans just have weird expectations of how others should live their lives.
Tony got roasted for playing in the sand because he placed his enjoyment above his responsibility to the team and sponsor. Cup guys have been running in the minor league for ages. I can see both sides of it but it does put the Xfinity teams at a disadvantage to race against the cup drivers teams.

Tony got roasted for playing in the sand because he placed his enjoyment above his responsibility to the team and sponsor. Cup guys have been running in the minor league for ages. I can see both sides of it but it does put the Xfinity teams at a disadvantage to race against the cup drivers teams.

It also shows them how far they need to go to get good enough to race in the cup series.

It also shows them how far they need to go to get good enough to race in the cup series.
True but I think they know that there is a big difference, but the big boys take away a lot of money from the little teams trying to build up also. Be kind of like having the Yankees play the farm teams.

True but I think they know that there is a big difference, but the big boys take away a lot of money from the little teams trying to build up also. Be kind of like having the Yankees play the farm teams.
I think you are old enough to remember when the cup guys were paid to run the lower series. Of course most of them would make a flashy move and then have car trouble and pack it in. It was so they could advertise the cup drivers name to draw the fans.

Do you think today the series would survive if there were no cup drivers allowed? Just asking for your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom