Kevin Harvick pit crew swap

Harvick is essentially Chevy's version of Kyle Busch. Both Harvick fans and KyBu fans probably won't like that statement, but the two are actually quite similar. Both have short tempers, both will occasionally engage in idiotic on-track antics when things aren't going their way, both have way more success in NW than in Cup, and neither have been able to close the deal come Chase time.
They're similar in some ways, yes. I see Kyle as perhaps a slightly more bratty version of a young Kevin Harvick. In Harvick's defense, he at least seems to have grown up somewhat since then, but we're still waiting on Kyle. There is one major difference between them, though: as of right now, Harvick has come much closer to winning a Cup title than Kyle ever has. Kyle had a solid Chase last year for once, but his history of imploding come Chase time is well documented.

And to be fair to both guys, ol' Jimmie Johnson has made it a wee bit difficult for everybody else to close the deal come Chase time.

Yeah, Kyle's probably done it more, but both drivers have been suspended in the past as a result of on-track shenanigans.
Yeah and Kyle is the only driver I know that had a senior citizen (hold my watch) whoop his ass. That should be a record somewhere.

Negative reinforcement works. Every military in the world trains recruits with negative reinforcement. 75% of football coaches train people through negative reinforcement. If they want a boss who will coddle and hold them when they **** up they shouldn't work in big time stock car racing.

I would dispute that entire idea. Negative reinforcement has shown to improve short term results, however long term results and general employee satisfaction and happiness are not improved. When you fear your employer you may be motivated to perform but it isn't conducive to team building or long term improvements. What happens is the employee is now thinking about what the consequences of them making a mistake are, rather than focusing on doing the job flawlessly. Then after the negativity starts to pile up, more often than not the employee tunes it out and is resigned to whatever might happen to them. Most executives in major corporations and officers in various militaries will go through some sort of leadership training discussing these notions. Having gone through a few myself, generally the conclusions are the same. The leaders must strike a balance of positive and negative reinforcement otherwise the message becomes diluted. If you take a crap on a guy every day for not performing, do you think he cares after the 10th time you've told him? Harvick publicly aired his greviances and I believe that was wrong of him. When your employees are happy and enjoy working, they are more productive and more likely to perform well and that's been proven in countless studies. Harvick doesn't need to coddle his guys, but if you go to war then you had better be prepared to stand with your troops. Doesn't seem as though he is willing to stand with his guys, furthermore he hasn't been perfect. He's had numerous speeding penalties and a couple wrecks, so he shouldn't be trashing his crew IMO.

Pretty funny from a fan of two of the drivers who lead the Chase field in speeding penalties. I guess they should be fired too. Derp.
LOL. so you are proved wrong and so it's time to spin to something different? At least when i'm wrong a apologize

LOL. so you are proved wrong and so it's time to spin to something different? At least when i'm wrong a apologize
Proved wrong? He had a penalty at Atlanta (trying to beat the pace car out after repairing damage from the first GWC) and Bristol that no one cared about. Pocono, for whatever reason, is the one everyone was up in arms about.

A few seasons ago I would have been onboard with you....Been a #3/#29 fan for the better part of 30 years....BUT...His childlike antics during his exit from RCR showed his true colors...KARMA would be a late race pit road speeding violation that ends his championship dreams..............

Dude, it's only racing get a grip on yourself.

So you should understand how important team dynamic is and how players being able to "mesh" with one another is an important factor. A team like the Carolina Panthers may go with a WR whose a second slower, but he meshes well with the QB and how the QB plays the game. The most common theory as to why Steve Smith was let go from the Panthers is that he no longer meshed with the team.

The same applies in NASCAR and Stock Car racing in general. A team has to mesh, they have to gel. How long do you think a team is going to mesh if one of the players keep dissing and bad mouthing the other team mates on national television?

....and let's talk about how they mesh and gel.....It's all good when you win, but when you stay tight through the bs, the organization gets stronger, and loyalty builds. I cannot imagine that there is **** for loyalty on that team given Delana's wife's tendency to have **** that doesn't stink. I believe that the dude sabotaged his own championship. Grab some Buds.

Kyles guys love him, he may be a pain in the ass at times but a bully he aint. If JGR gave Kyle a raceable car once in a while the whole group would be happy as clams. Harv has the fastest stuff every week

****, Kyle18 Kyle's guys are supposed to hate him. This doesn't fit the Kyle profile. You are rocking everybody's world. Fall in line damn it. ;)

Kyles guys love him, he may be a pain in the ass at times but a bully he aint. If JGR gave Kyle a raceable car once in a while the whole group would be happy as clams. Harv has the fastest stuff every week
Yep ..it's a Chevy..The foreign brand is still waiting for ol Rev to come up with the dreaded "Chase Spec" motor. :rolleyes:

....and let's talk about how they mesh and gel.....It's all good when you win, but when you stay tight through the bs, the organization gets stronger, and loyalty builds. I cannot imagine that there is **** for loyalty on that team given Delana's wife's tendency to have **** that doesn't stink. I believe that the dude sabotaged his own championship. Grab some Buds.

I'll find it quite hilarious if Harvick is eliminated after the first round.

As it would've been if the #48 lost the championship after Knaus was so loyal as to have his crew kick rocks on national tv in the middle of the race?

This happens in every sport every year, especially in baseball, with the trade deadlines.

As it would've been if the #48 lost the championship after Knaus was so loyal as to have his crew kick rocks on national tv in the middle of the race?

This happens in every sport every year, especially in baseball, with the trade deadlines.

Right on . And in most cases , the decisions are corporate decisions that are made to give the team the best chance of winning . They aren't made out of spite , it's just business .

Yeah, these types of trades happen a lot, but the fact that Harvick publicly berated his crew week after week after week draws a little more attention to this one. It'll be interesting to see how this whole thing shakes out.

Yep ..it's a Chevy..The foreign brand is still waiting for ol Rev to come up with the dreaded "Chase Spec" motor. :rolleyes:

Wont you feel silly if the Toyotas show up for the playoffs with some horsepower ??

I think if Harvick's new crew doesn't do better than the old one, we'll never hear anything about it. He wouldn't be dumb enough to throw this group under the bus, too.

I think if Harvick's new crew doesn't do better than the old one, we'll never hear anything about it. He wouldn't be dumb enough to throw this group under the bus, too.

Oh don't be silly. There's boundless potential for Harvick to be that dumb & dumber!

Betcha in this case there would be some crotch grabbing crew members yelling, "Come and getcha some of this!" as he idles back to the garage. LOL

Jr. was out of it after the first race last year.

Dale-Jr.-Chicago-blown-engine.jpg

Betcha in this case there would be some crotch grabbing crew members yelling, "Come and getcha some of this!" as he idles back to the garage. LOL

U drinking vodka at 6:30 in the morning Rev ?:unsure::XXROFL:

Frankly, I doubt that the crew change will make much difference for any of the teams involved. I certainly haven’t seen the figures that SHR gets about pit crew performance but I suspect that the performance is pretty much a wash among all four of the teams. They really didn’t have a lot of choices either. They couldn’t swap the 4 for the 41’s team because Kurt is in the chase and they certainly didn't want to do anything to affect him negatively. Also, they wouldn’t have wanted to swap with the 10 either because it would have looked as if they were losing confidence in Danica.

That left them with just one choice, i.e. swap with the 14 and they probably only did that because they had to come up with something to stop Harvick’s whining. As I mentioned previously, I haven‘t seen any signs that the 14 crew has been setting the world on fire so far this season. They may even do worse than the 4’s team has been doing up to now for that matter. Harvick’s current team was giving him pit stops of just over 12 seconds recently and he was still bitching about that, for the love of Pete. At least now if he doesn’t win it all, he can’t blame it on his pit crew (although he may try).

Frankly, I doubt that the crew change will make much difference for any of the teams involved. I certainly haven’t seen the figures that SHR gets about pit crew performance but I suspect that the performance is pretty much a wash among all four of the teams. They really didn’t have a lot of choices either. They couldn’t swap the 4 for the 41’s team because Kurt is in the chase and they certainly didn't want to do anything to affect him negatively. Also, they wouldn’t have wanted to swap with the 10 either because it would have looked as if they were losing confidence in Danica.

That left them with just one choice, i.e. swap with the 14 and they probably only did that because they had to come up with something to stop Harvick’s whining. As I mentioned previously, I haven‘t seen any signs that the 14 crew has been setting the world on fire so far this season. They may even do worse than the 4’s team has been doing up to now for that matter. Harvick’s current team was giving him pit stops of just over 12 seconds recently and he was still bitching about that, for the love of Pete. At least now if he doesn’t win it all, he can’t blame it on his pit crew (although he may try).
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Sure they've been on a championship team but like you said, they ain't been setting the world on fire (at least to my knowledge) this year. I mean I haven't heard em talked about like the 11's crew, for example.
They might turn out to be a little better but I'm still a little skeptical as to how much of a difference it'll make.

"Racing for a championship, as an organization you want to put your best foot forward,” Harvick said. “Obviously there are some tough decisions that have to be made. You obviously hope you don’t have to make those decisions. But this is a business."

Nailed it.

"Racing for a championship, as an organization you want to put your best foot forward,” Harvick said. “Obviously there are some tough decisions that have to be made. You obviously hope you don’t have to make those decisions. But this is a business."

Nailed it.

I don't think this is a business decision. This is a sport decision. This is a team decision. Business is about bank accounts and quarterly earnings. Sport is about winning. The 48 spewed the same crap when Chad did the drama filled mid race switch. In the context of the "team", 4 fans have the same "star", but much of the cast has changed. You have to wonder if this "team sport" stuff is really exists in NASCAR. Delana's wife is feeding us nothing new. Not sure that is in his arsenal. Did a great job repeating what he has heard.

I don't think this is a business decision. This is a sport decision. This is a team decision. Business is about bank accounts and quarterly earnings. Sport is about winning. The 48 spewed the same crap when Chad did the drama filled mid race switch. In the context of the "team", 4 fans have the same "star", but much of the cast has changed. You have to wonder if this "team sport" stuff is really exists in NASCAR. Delana's wife is feeding us nothing new. Not sure that is in his arsenal. Did a great job repeating what he has heard.
SHR is a team & a business. They made a decision to potentially better SHR. It is a business decision. Im certain Harvick knows more about this than you. Ill take his word for it.

SHR is a team & a business. They made a decision to potentially better SHR. It is a business decision. Im certain Harvick knows more about this than you. Ill take his word for it.

Thinking that Harvick's track record proves that he is better at driving than business, but whatever, if you trust his analysis, so be it.

Thinking that Harvick's track record proves that he is better at driving than business, but whatever, if you trust his analysis, so be it.
If he starts winning races again he will show the world just how right he was. & You can bet he's gonna use that motivation to fuel his efforts

Back
Top Bottom