Kevin Harvick signs long term contract with SHR

Kevin Harvick Signs Long-term Contract Extension with Stewart-Haas Racing

May. 19, 2016

KANNAPOLIS, N.C. – Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR), the championship-winning NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team, has signed driver Kevin Harvick to a long-term contract extension.

Harvick joined SHR in 2014 after 13 Sprint Cup seasons and his impact with the organization was immediate. In his debut year with SHR, the Bakersfield, California-native scored eight poles, won five races and led 2,137 laps en route to his first Sprint Cup championship. Harvick’s title defense in 2015 was incredibly strong, as he won three races and earned career-best numbers in top-fives (23), top-10s (28) and laps led (2,294) before finishing second in the championship. Harvick already has a win, five top-fives, nine top-10s and 688 laps led in the 12 Sprint Cup races run this season.

“It was a big decision to join Stewart-Haas Racing and it has turned out to be my best decision,” said Harvick, who has won nine of his 32 career Sprint Cup victories with SHR. “I came to Stewart-Haas Racing to win championships. We have one, but that only made us hungry for more. I’m very happy to have my future secure with a team so dedicated to winning.”

Harvick will continue to drive the team’s No. 4 entry and remain paired with crew chief Rodney Childers, who signed a multiyear contract extension last June.

“Kevin’s results speak for themselves, and in addition to those numbers, he brings a presence to our team that makes everyone want to work harder,” said Tony Stewart, co-owner of SHR with Gene Haas, founder of Haas Automation, the largest CNC machine tool builder in North America. “Kevin Harvick has made Stewart-Haas Racing a better team and he will continue to be an integral part of our future.”

Stewart earned SHR its first Sprint Cup championship in 2011, with Harvick bookending that title in 2014. SHR is one of only five active Sprint Cup teams with multiple premiere series titles.

“When you have talented people who consistently deliver results, you hold on to them,” Haas said. “Kevin Harvick is an exceptional talent and we’re very proud to have him a part of Stewart-Haas Racing for years to come.”

http://www.stewarthaasracing.com/shr-announcement3.php

Untitled.jpg

definition of long term?
Bob Pockrass ‏@bobpockrass 9m9 minutes ago
SHR didn't announce the exact length of Kevin Harvick extension. fwiw, still waiting on Anheuser-Busch plans for 2017 & beyond. #nascar

Kevin with the middle finger to the rumors. LOL

Come on guys.........

It's pretty obvious that some unknown driver has legally changed his name to "Kevin Harvick" and that Teresa Earnhardt will be assisting the new Kevin Harvick with suing the old Kevin Harvick for improper use of his name.

I look forward to John Smith (formerly Kevin Harvick) chasing his 2nd Sprint Cup in the #5 next year.

Come on guys.........

It's pretty obvious that some unknown driver has legally changed his name to "Kevin Harvick" and that Teresa Earnhardt will be assisting the new Kevin Harvick with suing the old Kevin Harvick for improper use of his name.

I look forward to John Smith (formerly Kevin Harvick) chasing his 2nd Sprint Cup in the #5 next year.
Lawyers....

Interesting to read how seriously some of you take the whole manufacturer thing. Personally, I couldn't care less what any of these guys/gal drive. It certainly doesn't influence my purchase decisions. If it did, Dale Jr would have to be driving a combination of Chevy, Mini, GMC & Jeep. Somehow, I don't see that combo making it to Cup. o_O

I'm messin' around.

Don't care for Harvick. Never have.

Ford screwed me over one time too many. Traded the last one in for the first Toyota in '99. Ain't looked back.

How long has it been since my last "I'll never watch again" claim? Thinkin' it's about time to reissue.

Harvick may not be going to Hendrick ( thankfully), but Anheuser Busch is! Budweiser going back to Hendrick, and going back to Kahne!

Ok, probably not, but that would be awesome if it happened.

Interesting to read how seriously some of you take the whole manufacturer thing. Personally, I couldn't care less what any of these guys/gal drive. It certainly doesn't influence my purchase decisions. If it did, Dale Jr would have to be driving a combination of Chevy, Mini, GMC & Jeep. Somehow, I don't see that combo making it to Cup. o_O
I drive a Toyota, but the main reason I started rooting for them is because I got sick of all the people who say they don't belong on the sport. I love seeing those same xenophobes cringe whenever a Toyota wins a race. I like plenty of drivers outside the Toyota camp though. My favorite driver is Clint Bowyer, who currently drives a Chevrolet and will be driving a Ford next year.

I drive a Toyota, but the main reason I started rooting for them is because I got sick of all the people who say they don't belong on the sport. I love seeing those same xenophobes cringe whenever a Toyota wins a race. I like plenty of drivers outside the Toyota camp though. My favorite driver is Clint Bowyer, who currently drives a Chevrolet and will be driving a Ford next year.
Clint will never drive a Ford. He's going to leave SHR for Hendrick and the #5 car.

Oh, wait a minute...

:rolleyes:

Brian is working on it.

I'm with you, dpk. I couldn't care less about the manufacturer --- never have, probably won't ever in the future. As long as it goes fast
and produces good racing, the badge means nothing to me.
My chosen transportation is a Lincoln Town Car --- don't think my parade float would make it in racing.

Back
Top Bottom