Knockout Qualifying - Darlington

Only the 7th carrier pole in 474 starts for Kevin Harvick, Wow!
FUvErt2.gif

clipped with ConnecTV available on the App Store
Discover Great TV Clips & Make Your Own
http://connectv.com/vs/18137/1st-pole-at-darlington-for-kevin-harvick/

A lot of Harvick's speed comes from x waltrip's crew chief Rodney Childers, I think he is either the top Chief this year or darn close

A lot of Harvick's speed comes from x waltrip's crew chief Rodney Childers, I think he is either the top Chief this year or darn close

Seriously? Not even close.

Top crew chief doesn't belong to the guy whose cars can rarely finish the race. No matter how fast they are.

So far it's an easy competition between Wolfe and Gordon from Penske

I didn't think all those cars were going to make runs in that final round

There's something more going on with that #4 bad than bad luck mechanical failures and It's completely unlike Harvick to leave the track as he did last weekend without plugging his sponsors.

I think that he's not happy running a guinea pig for a car.

There's something more going on with that #4 bad than bad luck mechanical failures and It's completely unlike Harvick to leave the track as he did last weekend without plugging his sponsors.

why would SHR do that

It's not uncommon for teams to run R&D cars and seeing that the #4 has a win, that team would be a good candidate.
I don't think that is what they are doing. They have had one win and had a very good chance for more if not for freak things happening like a brake or wheel bearing problem, running over a piece of debris which cut an oil line, and we still don't know which came first the chicken or the egg when the oil pump belt came off in this last race. I think he left because he is frustrated about having a freaky fast car but still coming up short of more wins because of all the bad things that have been happening to his car. Either way, i hope his luck gets better or they can fix the problem if there is one.

Last edited:
Seriously? Not even close.

Top crew chief doesn't belong to the guy whose cars can rarely finish the race. No matter how fast they are.

So far it's an easy competition between Wolfe and Gordon from Penske

:rolleyes: But it is the crew chiefs fault that harvick is the fastest car every week

I think they are breaking and they don't know why. That's what pissed him off. Childers wouldn't even be interviewed. Doesn't sound like a test car to me--the excuse would be easy, and you wouldn't be pissed.

I don't think that is what they are doing. They have had one win and had a very good chance for more if not for freak things happening like a brake or wheel bearing problem, running over a piece of debris which cut an oil line, and we still don't know which came first the chicken or the egg when the oil pump belt came off in this last race. I think he left because he is frustrated about having a freaky fast car but still coming up short of more wins because of all the bad things that have been happening to his car. Either way, i hope his luck gets better or they can fix the problem if there is one.

Yeah, and we don't know about the oil line either. Hendrick motors are bulletproof, and when they are not, they have a stable of appreciative drivers and crew chiefs ready to make excuses.

It's completely unlike Harvick to leave the track as he did last weekend without plugging his sponsors.
He was pissed the hell off and didn't want to talk to anybody. It's not good PR to plug your sponsors on a car that constantly breaks apart every other race. He was frustrated & didn't wanna be bothered by annoying reporters asking the obvious. Not too hard to empathize with.

He was pissed the hell off and didn't want to talk to anybody. It's not good PR to plug your sponsors on a car that constantly breaks apart every other race. He was frustrated & didn't wanna be bothered by annoying reporters asking the obvious. Not too hard to empathize with.

Fine if you are Delana's wife. You're an ass if you are Kyle Busch. Bunch of crap. Sad to see that he has Childers on the ass train now as well. He wouldn't talk either. Rodney Childers? Really?

Since when has Harvick ever avoided the media because he was angry?

Fine if you are Delana's wife. You're an ass if you are Kyle Busch. Bunch of crap. Sad to see that he has Childers on the ass train now as well. He wouldn't talk either. Rodney Childers? Really?
He's an ass because he wont speak to the media? Really? All of the drivers probably took a note from Kurt's handbook and will not speak to the media when absolutely pissed off. This is the kinda crap this forum is enveloped in. All yall hate vanilla drivers but when an ounce of emotion and being a human is shown, you are quick to pull the "what an a**hole" trigger. Plenty of drivers have stormed off into their trailer after an incident to avoid the media. Sometimes they come out to talk, sometimes they dont. Racing aint about the reporters. Besides, they both went to twitter afterwards to explain.

Retweeted by Kevin Harvick
Rodney Childers ‏@RodneyChilders4 Apr 7
Looks like something knocked the oil pump belt off it and then blew up about a 1/2lap later. Craziest crap ever…

Thats all the info you would have gotten from him anyway in an interview. Moving on!

He's an ass because he wont speak to the media? Really? All of the drivers probably took a note from Kurt's handbook and will not speak to the media when absolutely pissed off. This is the kinda crap this forum is enveloped in. All yall hate vanilla drivers but when an ounce of emotion and being a human is shown, you are quick to pull the "what an a**hole" trigger.

Read my damn post Sparky. I have absolutely no problem with drivers refusing the media. I have a problem with some drivers refusing the media and that's understandable, and others are asses because they shun the media hacks. Kyle constantly takes **** for his media stuff. He gets pissed, and it's the ****** "old Kyle". He handles stuff with class, and nothing is said. Delana's wife gets pissy, and it's understandable--his car broke. Kyle gets pissed, and it's the "old Kyle". I am with you man.

He's an ass because he wont speak to the media? Really? All of the drivers probably took a note from Kurt's handbook and will not speak to the media when absolutely pissed off. This is the kinda crap this forum is enveloped in. All yall hate vanilla drivers but when an ounce of emotion and being a human is shown, you are quick to pull the "what an a**hole" trigger. Plenty of drivers have stormed off into their trailer after an incident to avoid the media. Sometimes they come out to talk, sometimes they dont. Racing aint about the reporters. Besides, they both went to twitter afterwards to explain.

Retweeted by Kevin Harvick
Rodney Childers ‏@RodneyChilders4 Apr 7
Looks like something knocked the oil pump belt off it and then blew up about a 1/2lap later. Craziest crap ever…

Thats all the info you would have gotten from him anyway in an interview. Moving on!

Read my freakin' post.

Yeah, and we don't know about the oil line either. Hendrick motors are bulletproof, and when they are not, they have a stable of appreciative drivers and crew chiefs ready to make excuses.
I understand what you are saying, there is probably no one on this forum that understands better then i that drivers and crews will make excuses when things go wrong, and 17D500 and yourself may be correct, but i really don't see the advantage to testing with Kevins engine and i have not seen any real evidence that would lead me in that direction. Now if they keep having engine problems for the next few races then i may change my mind. But most of us on this forum doesn't have any inside connection to the real truth so i kinda have to take what they say as valid until i see a little more evidence that proves them wrong. I also don't think it's right that Kyle, Kurt, Kevin, or any other driver gets chastised for not speaking to the media when they are upset and a mic gets shoved in their face. I think it's a very smart decision on their part.

Another week another consecutive final round qualifying effort :) Front row too... should be good at the start Joey and Harvick ran 1-2 respectively in fastest 10 lap averages in happy hour.

If there was a problem they definitely had it fixed for this weekend. That car was fast and reliable all weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom