Kurt Busch

Okay, but they're all still sissies! :p

And you are correct, When Elliots crew member got killed and Rudds crew men got hurt were not the same circumstances, which is exactly the point. Some ignorant premadona did not deliberatly aim his 3400 lb race car at them, cross over the bit box lines. Sissies or not, NASCAR needs to take a NO Tolorance policy towards that kind of BS.

And you are correct, When Elliots crew member got killed and Rudds crew men got hurt were not the same circumstances, which is exactly the point. Some ignorant premadona did not deliberatly aim his 3400 lb race car at them, cross over the bit box lines. Sissies or not, NASCAR needs to take a NO Tolorance policy towards that kind of BS.

I agree:beerbang: :D :cool: :eek:

He was suspended from the cup race at Martinsville. The incident was in the truck race but they couldn't get his attention there. It sure calmed Harvick down.

Not really. I thought that penalty was unjust.

I've seen guys do much much worse and NASCAR let it slip.

Where did the "sissie" bit come into play. The topic has absolutely nothing to do with that subject. The fact is that Kurt made an absolutely stupid move that endangered a crew members life . Kurt not a sissie....B.S.....he claimed "snoz" damage when Spencer creamed him and he was afraid of Jimmie. :)

Not really. I thought that penalty was unjust.

I've seen guys do much much worse and NASCAR let it slip.

I didn't say I agreed with the penalty. I said it calmed him down. Now when he races in another series he plays nice. I said at the time that the truck race shouldn't have anything to do with the Cup series.

Muggle, I disagree with you on this, but I guess that's the way things are these days. I don't think that Kurt is a sissy per se, but compared to Jimmy Spencer, he's a double sissy. Jimmy was a part of the old breed of drivers who wouldn't take any crap off any of the other drivers. But of course, that was during the time when those type of drivers were on the track. While Tony and Kurt are somewhat like that, most of the other drivers are total sissies, but that's the state of the game. Look at those guys. There're all pretty boys and that's what the sponsors want. Appearance means more to the sponsors than you might imagine. You want good tough drivers who really have the drive to win. There are many of them that are on the sidelines, destined to drive only at their local tracks because they don't present a pretty picture either by their looks, or by the way they speak.

Ya'll can disagree with me on this, but that's my story and I'm sticking with it. NASCAR is full of prima donas that are nothing but sissies, if not that, then crybabies.

Eagle, one last thing. I did say that Elliott's crewmember dying was totally different and the circumstances were totally different. Pit road speeds, crewmembers not looking at oncoming cars, and a pit road that was packed. Today, Tony's crewmember, I'm told was the jackman, didn't have his jack and was looking right at Kurt coming down the road. He recognized that if he stayed where he was, he was going to get hurt, and knowing Kurt was pissed, as was his own driver, took the appropriate action, jumping out of the way. There was absolutely nothing to compare the two incidents with the exception that they both happened on pit road.

As to whether or not he gets a suspension, I don't care, but if he does, then the sissies aren't just on the track, but also in the front office...which is where the problems really are in the first place.

NEXT! :cool:

Intentionally aiming the front end of a moving vehicle at a guy standing beside another vehicle is most likely NOT what a the guy had signed on for.

I saw two incidents, one on the track, and the second on pit road. and the one that really counts in my eyes is the one on pit road. Heavy penalties are most likley in order for that pit road incident.
Just my opinion
:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Besides that I can't stand Kurt Busch

penalty for aggressive driing on the track, huge penalty for pit road disaster. JMO

http://www.racing-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24940
Last post on page. You were accusing me of being a thread skimmer the other night. LOL I was guilty too. :D ;)

angry8.gif

Kurt Bush is an idiot , always was and always will be. Personally I think the moron should be tossed from NASCAR and his license taken away. You DO NOT aim your car at a pit crew member. This is an extremely childish act and has no place in this sport. If he wanted to take it up with Tony, do it later and face him Man to Man, That doesn't bother me at all. There is no reason for the behavior he showed at the track today. Where's the "spittin nails" smilie.

I wouldn't say that thinking what Kurt did in the pits was stupid and worthy of a suspension, is being a "sissy". I've seen guys thrown out of dirt tracks for life, (as well as getting the snot kicked out of 'em), for doing something like that.
Pulling up on a car that is being worked on has always been a big, BIG no no, everywhere.

I do think that Tony could have cut him some slack, but with their history, Kurt should not have expected it and realized that "90%" wasn't going to be enough.

I think what Kurt did on Pit road was terrible and selfish.
Tony was just as stupid as Kurt on the track.....Tony pretty much took himself out of the race. YOU have to look farther ahead than your bumper sometimes.

Hmmm, I think I know now how Nascar will get Lil'E into the top 12 so he makes the Chase...

Good golly guys, you are such goody two shoes. You act like these guys are nothing but angels out there. Seems you forget some of the things you said about Tony in the past.

I'm sure that NASCAR will probably fine that bad boy Kurt and it will probably hurt, but I doubt that they will suspend him. Probably a very strict probation, but even there, it's only because of what we have in today's society. In years past, this would have been a yawner. Nobody was hurt and the jackman, wasn't even holding a jack. I could have seen this in years past, with the jackman weilding his jack, swinging it at the car.

Guys, you know what, this sport is dangerous and those who participate in it, know just how dangerous it is, even those over the wall pit crew memebers. That jackman obviously thought that he there was some danger with bad boy Kurt coming down the pit lane as he didn't hesitate jumping out of the way. I say, way to go. You are on the top of your game, understanding what can and does happen on pit road.

So here's my question to y'all who seem to hate Tony, but wait, you hate Kurt more, what will you say if Tony retaliates? Who's gonna say "Good for you Tony?"

One last thing on this and then I'll move on, do you think that NASCAR is really thinking, "Wow, this is going to help in the viewership. People will now tune in to see if anything will happen between the two of these guys in the future"? Well, if they aren't, they're full of crap. :rolleyes:

Buckaroo if that was your son or your brother out there that had to jump on the hood of Tony's car would you still think they are sissies? Just wondering.

Kat, I cannot believe Kurt would do something that stupid.

I can. Remember, this is the same guy that came over the radio a few years ago at Charlotte and said he was going to wreck Robby Gordon to bring out a caution, then did it. Kurt Busch is the biggest phoney in racing. What he did on pit road was inexcusable.

I think what Kurt did on Pit road was terrible and selfish.
Tony was just as stupid as Kurt on the track.....Tony pretty much took himself out of the race. YOU have to look farther ahead than your bumper sometimes.

Problem is he had Biffle on his back bumper. If he lets off the gas to let Busch in, Biffle probably drills him from behind and spins him out anyway.

Problem is he had Biffle on his back bumper. If he lets off the gas to let Busch in, Biffle probably drills him from behind and spins him out anyway.
thats what i figure..they were in a 3 car pack on a 2 groove track...nobody could have gave without something happening anyways.

thats what i figure..they were in a 3 car pack on a 2 groove track...nobody could have gave without something happening anyways.

Guys were racing side-by-side without wrecking all day.

What Kurt did to Tony was intentional. He had every intention of wrecking Tony. He ended up being caught up in it and got pissed off about it and decided to make a reckless move on pit road.

NASCAR should kick him out for that.

Guys were racing side-by-side without wrecking all day. What Kurt did to Tony was intentional. He had every intention of wrecking Tony. He ended up being caught up in it and got pissed off about it and decided to make a reckless move on pit road.
NASCAR should kick him out for that.

Intentional ??
What would Kurt have gained by intentionally wrecking Tony ??? Nothing. Just like Tony gained nothing by intentionally wrecking Kurt.
Make no bones about it, Tony wrecked Kurt while defending his position and knowing full well the consequences.
This was not a case where Tony can sit back and reflect while asking, "how did that happen"????
Neither driver can validate their actions or end result.
This was a situation of two stubborn drivers refused to give that little bit.

Unlike everyone else who raced all day without wrecking, the other drivers, for the most part, practiced what Tony preached, "give and take".
Once again, Tony failed to heed his own advice.

There is no excuse for the incident on pit road. Should Busch be expelled from NASCAR ?? No.
But a severe penalty such as multiple race suspension, is in order as well as probation for the balance of the year plus no less than 250 points taken from driver and car owner.
We'll know soon enough.

I view the track happenings as a "racin' deal." 2 drivers trying for the same piece of real estate. OK, over and done.

What happened in the pits was inexcusable. I agree with Whizzer that Kurt's penalty should be so severe that it will make a driver think before doing something like that again.

I didn't say I agreed with the penalty. I said it calmed him down. Now when he races in another series he plays nice. I said at the time that the truck race shouldn't have anything to do with the Cup series.

Here is the situation as I recall it happening at the time at Martinsville between Kevin Harvick, Jon Wood, NASCAR and the CTS.

Harvick was racing in the CTS and was involved in an incident with Wood. Harvick retaliated by deliberately wrecking Wood after announcing over his radio what he intended to do. Harvick was summoned to the NASCAR red trailer.

Harvick drove to the NASCAR trailer, parked his CTS race truck and was told by a NASCAR official to go inside the trailer. As Harvick walked away, he told a NASCAR official he was going to his motor home and if NASCAR wanted him, they could come and get him.

The suspension of Harvick by NASCAR was NOT because of the incident on track. It was the catalyst but not the real reason.

Harvick was suspended because he took the position he was more important than NASCAR (by walking away and telling the official they could come get him from his motorhome) and NASCAR needed to set an example by showing they, NASCAR, are always in charge.

Hot dog !! The one race suspension worked.
Harvick still may not be the epitome of a diplomat, but he sure has made major changes in his attitude and demeanor. Actually I think it made him a better driver as well. ;)

There are times when we as fans feel NASCAR is heavy handed and in other instances, not heavy enough, but this is a good example of how a one man penalized a one race suspension can bring every team and driver to respect and obey the benevolent dictatorship.:)

Intentional ??
What would Kurt have gained by intentionally wrecking Tony ??? Nothing. Just like Tony gained nothing by intentionally wrecking Kurt.
Make no bones about it, Tony wrecked Kurt while defending his position and knowing full well the consequences.
This was not a case where Tony can sit back and reflect while asking, "how did that happen"????
Neither driver can validate their actions or end result.
This was a situation of two stubborn drivers refused to give that little bit.

Unlike everyone else who raced all day without wrecking, the other drivers, for the most part, practiced what Tony preached, "give and take".
Once again, Tony failed to heed his own advice.

There is no excuse for the incident on pit road. Should Busch be expelled from NASCAR ?? No.
But a severe penalty such as multiple race suspension, is in order as well as probation for the balance of the year plus no less than 250 points taken from driver and car owner.
We'll know soon enough.

As I see it, Shane Hmiel didn't endanger anyone's life.

We all know NASCAR set an example there :rolleyes: espically since they don't randomly test drivers for illegal substances.

We all know NASCAR set an example there :rolleyes: espically since they don't randomly test drivers for illegal substances.

Driving impared is just that, whether it's booze, drugs or flaming anger. Kurt was impared by ROAD RAGE!

If memory serves me correctly, didn't Tony go after other drivers (not once but twice) who "wronged" him, on pit road ??? One where a race car hit by Tony spun, narrowly missing a crew member who jumped over pit wall ???

And if memory serves me correctly, Tony got what penalty ?? Probation ???
Or not ???
At the time, I felt Tony should have been suspended, just as I feel Busch should be suspended for the deal yesterday. After all, what's good for the goose...................
I am using a crutch here by saying, "if memory serves me correctly", but I'm sure the sages on this forum will set me straight if my memory is incorrect on any of the details.

As for Shane Hmiel, if he participates in any race while under the influence, he endangers himself and others.
Statistics prove beyond reasonable doubt, illegal substances reduce reaction time and attention span. Perhaps Hmiel did not injure, maim or kill anyone, and neither did Kurt Busch's action. But that does not justify nor excuse the act.

Ther all sissies! :cool: My local track has a ton a drivers who would whup ther butts easily. Hell, they'd probably let ther girlfriends do it for them. :p

As for Shane Hmiel, if he participates in any race while under the influence, he endangers himself and others.
Statistics prove beyond reasonable doubt, illegal substances reduce reaction time and attention span. Perhaps Hmiel did not injure, maim or kill anyone, and neither did Kurt Busch's action. But that does not justify nor excuse the act.

Hmiel's reaction times were never hurt. He never did anything before getting in the car. The high only last a couple hours, but the substance can be detected for up to 30 days.

I don't give an eff if the dude smokes pot or whatever on a Tuesday night at his home or some party.

Back
Top Bottom