Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together

like I said..it is the pot calling the kettle black. If you think a driver with a 10.5 rank in Nascar without a championship in ten years is a badass, so be it. He's murder in the trucks though.:rolleyes: No wonder why Hendrick got rid of him.

like I said..it is the pot calling the kettle black. If you think a driver with a 10.5 rank in Nascar without a championship in ten years is a badass, so be it. He's murder in the trucks though.:rolleyes: No wonder why Hendrick got rid of him.

I am the biggest Kyle and TRD homer on the face of the planet, and I have openly acknowledged that this is the pot calling the kettle black, and why I am proud of what he said. He has changed his tune. Let it go dude. We get it. You don't like Toyota or Kyle. Got it. I do love your posts, however. You are a credit to this board. No ****.

Kyle's one of the few guys who actually helped his career by parting ways with Hendrick. He's a better fit at JGR, and has 25 cup wins there. His replacement Dale Jr? 6 wins in 7 years. I think Kyle's done OK for himself without HMS.

Kyle's one of the few guys who actually helped his career by parting ways with Hendrick. He's a better fit at JGR, and has 25 cup wins there. His replacement Dale Jr? 6 wins in 7 years. I think Kyle's done OK for himself without HMS.

Boom! My boy StandOnit ain't gonna like this. :lurk:

Earnhardt has made more money for Hendrick with his die cast royalties probably than Kyle has won racing. Not a big fan of Jr., but he is THE cash cow in Nascar hands down. He doesn't need to win, just show up for the races. At any rate you poor yota souls have to hang your hat on a 10.5 ranker. Good luck with that. Maybe ol winless Carl will help you guys out this year. Kenseth seems to have run out of gas, moon unit Hamlin ain't cutting the mustard, and ol Kyle is showing the Toyota teams who the real idiot is. I'm sure the TRD boys JGR and MWR are overjoyed being called Idiots. Bet he gets the REAL "chase spec" motor from TRD. :rolleyes:

Earnhardt has made more money for Hendrick with his die cast royalties probably than Kyle has won racing. Not a big fan of Jr., but he is THE cash cow in Nascar hands down. He doesn't need to win, just show up for the races. At any rate you poor yota souls have to hang your hat on a 10.5 ranker. Good luck with that. Maybe ol winless Carl will help you guys out this year. Kenseth seems to have run out of gas, moon unit Hamlin ain't cutting the mustard, and ol Kyle is showing the Toyota teams who the real idiot is. I'm sure the TRD boys JGR and MWR are overjoyed being called Idiots. Bet he gets the REAL "chase spec" motor from TRD. :rolleyes:
Kyle might be a "10.5 ranker", but Dale Jr's average career points finish is 11.5, and 12.9 with Hendrick. But he's murder at the souvenir hauler. ;)

It helped both parties.

Probably Hendrick more in the longer run though. Standonit it's an extremist by all accounts but he's right about jr. Being a gold mine. Guys like he can go years without winning an actual event and still kill it off the track with merchandise.

Kyle was never a good fit at Hendrick just because of who he is. Had he being a mellow driver he'd probably still be there but that ain't Kyle.

Joe allows for more room for Kyle to be a raving lunatic from time to time and that kind of helps him do his thing more at ease.

That, plus kyle's ego wouldn't have allowed to be completely overshadowed by Jimmie and Jeff.

I kind of understand it from that point of view.

Problem is, as of the last few years he hasn't been THE man at JGR either.

I wonder how well Junior would have fared had there been no senior?
I didn't mean to turn this into a Dale Jr bash thread because I do like him, but there's no doubt that name has carried him a long way in his career. Mr. H likely would have released him after 2010 if his last name were something other than Earnhardt.

I didn't mean to turn this into a Dale Jr bash thread because I do like him, but there's no doubt that name has carried him a long way in his career. Mr. H likely would have released him after 2010 if his last name were something other than Earnhardt.
I understand...got to twist the thread away from the obvious. I have been trying to be nicer to the import brand crowd, no good to kick a man when they are down, but Kyle should keep his mouth shut, he is making it worse IMO. As we all know, there are drivers in racing and there are popular or filthy rich novelties that hold a steering wheel. Kyle Bush is a driver at least, he got to where he is by talent.

They were pretty much outrunning them all year in 2013 until Spingate happened.

:rolleyes: Matt Kenseth won 7 races and finished 2nd in points, and kyle Busch won 4 races and finished 4th in points. And kenseth had 5 wins and busch 4 before spin gate. Maybe you're mixing up 2012 with 2013

Show me where I bashed Junior. Point out what words are bashing.

I understand...got to twist the thread away from the obvious. I have been trying to be nicer to the import brand crowd, no good to kick a man when they are down, but Kyle should keep his mouth shut, he is making it worse IMO. As we all know, there are drivers in racing and there are popular or filthy rich novelties that hold a steering wheel. Kyle Bush is a driver at least, he got to where he is by talent.

Import brand crowd? You referring to people who joined this forum lately?
Maybe you should have INSISTED that there be no new members allowed after you joined.
At the very least no new members that have an opinion different than yours.

Who kicked who and when was he down??

StandOnIt said:

Can you show us what percentage of Junior's die cast royalties went to HMS?
Something a little more than just your opinion.

Way off dude. not about new people at all. I jack with the Toyota crowd, I bash the Toyota's for fun and sport, even better when it is Toyota AND Kyle. :) all in good fun. Rev and ToyYoda mostly, FL sometimes and Kyle18 will join in. BTW you can't call a Toyota a foreign car. The Toyota lovers are quick to point out the made in U.S. angle, but I can get by with foreign brand or import brand, at least so far anyway.

Import brand crowd? You referring to people who joined this forum lately?
Maybe you should have INSISTED that there be no new members allowed after you joined.
At the very least no new members that have an opinion different than yours.

Who kicked who and when was he down??

StandOnIt said:

Can you show us what percentage of Junior's die cast royalties went to HMS?
Something a little more than just your opinion.

How many organizations are under the Toyota umbrella? I've always wondered why Toyota teams did not work together because as the lower side of the totem pole, BK Racing does not even use TRD engines. As a lower rung team, why not use them as a "R&D" team instead? I mean have some testers and use them to not only boost themselves, but JGR and MWR as well?

I see what Kyle is saying, but seeing how the Chevrolet and Ford camps work, they really need to get things going if they want to win more in Sprint Cup. They dominate trucks and NXS to an extent, but if they want to be like the other camps. They need to start more fruitful paetnerships to do so.

How many organizations are under the Toyota umbrella? I've always wondered why Toyota teams did not work together because as the lower side of the totem pole, BK Racing does not even use TRD engines. As a lower rung team, why not use them as a "R&D" team instead? I mean have some testers and use them to not only boost themselves, but JGR and MWR as well?

I see what Kyle is saying, but seeing how the Chevrolet and Ford camps work, they really need to get things going if they want to win more in Sprint Cup. They dominate trucks and NXS to an extent, but if they want to be like the other camps. They need to start more fruitful paetnerships to do so.

What is a bit ironic is that in Trucks and N'wide they don't use TRD engines.

Way off dude. not about new people at all. I jack with the Toyota crowd, I bash the Toyota's for fun and sport, even better when it is Toyota AND Kyle. :) all in good fun. Rev and ToyYoda mostly, FL sometimes and Kyle18 will join in. BTW you can't call a Toyota a foreign car. The Toyota lovers are quick to point out the made in U.S. angle, but I can get by with foreign brand or import brand, at least so far anyway.

Hey Toyota is made in Canada as well. :)
I am one of those guys that bashed Jack Roush and Fords. Now Brad is driving a Ford, shoes on the other foot now.
I am not so much for manufacturers, I prefer to cheer for drivers.

I'm OK now, took my meds right after I posted. :bounce:

Who made TDR the official engine builder for Toyota? Is this part of the manufacture support for their teams?

Good question.

I often wonder why Joe Gibbs doesn't build his own from scratch like good old Rick.

Who made TDR the official engine builder for Toyota? Is this part of the manufacture support for their teams?

Well to start out with, they didn't have a V8 pushrod motor and the rules say they have to have one, so they had to drop a few million to get that done. Blocks are made in Japan I hear, quiet as that is kept.

Chevy writes Hendrick a check to make them great. Ford --Roush (How's that working?)...now Penske. Toyota invests in the sport in the form of TRD. TRD wanted to be a support organization for JGR. In effect, JGR would be the Hendrick for Toyota, but JGR had problems, and both logistically and financially, it made sense to have TRD manage the building. TRD is unique in the way it does business with its teams.

Good question.

I often wonder why Joe Gibbs doesn't build his own from scratch like good old Rick.

They did. It didn't work. They reached out to TRD, and TRD answered. That relationship is tight. See the events of 2011 to learn more. I have already posted the history about that relationship a million times.

people are saying gibbs went to toyota because they weren't the top dogs with chevy. thats not really the story. If you running a nascar team. If another manufacturer comes in and says we will pay you more money to move over to us. Its as simple as that it all comes down to who is willing to pay a team and how much. toyota didn't have an anchor in the cup series until gibbs came online. gibbs was that anchor team. The make of the car doesn't really matter much these days. The only real difference is in the engines.

this is what happened to RPM a couple years ago. They waited thinking dodge was going to give them alot more money. That was the year penske announced they were leaving. Dodge hummed and hawed around. RPM was left having to make a last minute deal with ford. one can speculate it was probably less money than they could have got if they hadn't flurted with dodge.

Well to start out with, they didn't have a V8 pushrod motor and the rules say they have to have one, so they had to drop a few million to get that done. Blocks are made in Japan I hear, quiet as that is kept.

That's bull**** and you probably know it. Blocks and heads are made in TRD Costa Mesa. Toyota spent a ton because NASCAR gave them the herky jerk on their designs to test their commitment. They passed. Are you listening Dodge?

people are saying gibbs went to toyota because they weren't the top dogs with chevy. thats not really the story. If you running a nascar team. If another manufacturer comes in and says we will pay you more money to move over to us. Its as simple as that it all comes down to who is willing to pay a team and how much. toyota didn't have an anchor in the cup series until gibbs came online. gibbs was that anchor team. The make of the car doesn't really matter much these days. The only real difference is in the engines.

this is what happened to RPM a couple years ago. They waited thinking dodge was going to give them alot more money. That was the year penske announced they were leaving. Dodge hummed and hawed around. RPM was left having to make a last minute deal with ford. one can speculate it was probably less money than they could have got if they hadn't flurted with dodge.

That is complete utter bull****. I am sorry. JGR reached out to Toyota because they wanted equal share of the Chevy favoritism. They didn't get it. They left. Please. Please. Please.

What is a bit ironic is that in Trucks and N'wide they don't use TRD engines.

Not ironic. TRD never wanted to be the primary builder for anybody. That's the way it worked out. The Truck and Xfinity model is what they were looking for.

TRD has direct involvement with MWR and JGR. BK has, in fact, does some testing for TRD. That relationship is developing. TRD is looking for the right partners. They don't need a collection of back markers without the resources to contend to represent the brand. David Wilson has openly said that he would like to support eight teams to become a bigger player in the manufacturer championship.

I like the way Kyle is thinking, but it is complicated. Does JGR build the chassis for MWR then in return for???? Etc., etc., etc.......Never mind the absolute fact that there are JGR loyalists who have never accepted TRD's role, and that that element still lives today. Kyle was part of that, but apparently is no longer.

Not ironic. TRD never wanted to be the primary builder for anybody. That's the way it worked out. The Truck and Xfinity model is what they were looking for.
how do you know that?? I think they saw what ford did at the time they came into the sport and said one engine builder makes more sense, which I think it does. The more engines a team can build the more they can amortize R&D and investment costs. They can also use providing the engines as a way of simply and easily moving more teams to their organization. fielding a toyota is as simple as hanging the right body on whatever chassis you have.

for gibbs I think they wanted flexability, They had alot of money in their engine program from all the years with chevy. by still building some engines for NW and truck they are basically able to maintain the program if they ever need to return to a different manufacturer. Its almost leverage if you are them. Toyota knows they have the compacity to tool up and build cup motors if necessary again. if your a team and you don't have any engine building ability then your more at their mercy.

some people saying gibbs wasn't on good footing financially is hog wash. How do you think they took matt kenseth from roush?? they have also signed carl edwards. gibbs had one bad year, before that matt kenseth tore up the cup series with wins. They will be back. Of the major teams that are on iffy footing financially its roush and RCR, gibbs isn't in that group.

how do you know that?? I think they saw what ford did at the time they came into the sport and said one engine builder makes more sense, which I think it does. The more engines a team can build the more they can amortize R&D and investment costs. They can also use providing the engines as a way of simply and easily moving more teams to their organization. fielding a toyota is as simple as hanging the right body on whatever chassis you have.

for gibbs I think they wanted flexability, They had alot of money in their engine program from all the years with chevy. by still building some engines for NW and truck they are basically able to maintain the program if they ever need to return to a different manufacturer. Its almost leverage if you are them. Toyota knows they have the compacity to tool up and build cup motors if necessary again. if your a team and you don't have any engine building ability then your more at their mercy.

some people saying gibbs wasn't on good footing financially is hog wash. How do you think they took matt kenseth from roush?? they have also signed carl edwards. gibbs had one bad year, before that matt kenseth tore up the cup series with wins. They will be back. Of the major teams that are on iffy footing financially its roush and RCR, gibbs isn't in that group.

I know it because I love Toyota and TRD and I know the history. I won't go further than that, but trust me when I tell you that this isn't a theory.

Gibbs doesn't have Toyota by the nuts. The relationship is deeper than that. They kept the engine shop because they didn't want people to lose jobs. Period.

I didn't say that Gibbs was unstable financially, but if you have an engine shop building motors that TRD is fixing, it makes more sense to combine the operations, and streamline. That was the intent. It is still a work in progress.

TRD has direct involvement with MWR and JGR. BK has, in fact, does some testing for TRD. That relationship is developing. TRD is looking for the right partners. They don't need a collection of back markers without the resources to contend to represent the brand. David Wilson has openly said that he would like to support eight teams to become a bigger player in the manufacturer championship.

I like the way Kyle is thinking, but it is complicated. Does JGR build the chassis for MWR then in return for???? Etc., etc., etc.......Never mind the absolute fact that there are JGR loyalists who have never accepted TRD's role, and that that element still lives today. Kyle was part of that, but apparently is no longer.

I dont think Kyle had a choice in the switch to TRD and if the truth were known he is probably still pissed. Most likely the warnings for his outspokenness got so severe he finally STFU about it ................ just my opinion

I dont think Kyle had a choice in the switch to TRD and if the truth were known he is probably still pissed. Most likely the warnings for his outspokenness got so severe he finally STFU about it ................ just my opinion

Absolutely, Kyle18fan. You nailed it. After Dover '12, Kyle ripped into TRD, and the hammer dropped. Coach reigned Kyle in and consistent with Coach's management of Kyle's career, Kyle backed it down while maintaining his opinion. Coach has never tried to change Kyle but has insisted that if he wanted to maintain employment, he would have to present to the public in a different way. Kyle is smart and complied.

Kyle Busch wants every advantage he can get to win because he is a ****** winner. He has never wanted TRD. He has said this. Cool thing is that TRD feels that if they give Kyle what he needs, he will be a champion, and the relationship will take care of itself. They are not offended by Kyle, but they demand some sense of respect. Look at the outreach by TRD to support KBM. Toyota and TRD know what they have, and what they must deliver.

Let me stress, Kyle18fan, that you opinion is fact. Nice post my friend.

So is that why he still runs his own trucks as Toyotas? Is that in his contract? I know it would look kinda bad but if I'm force to drive in something I dont like then why would I subject myself to further punishment.

Tony did not like it one bit when Gibbs switched to the brand so he ran fast. One of the reasons why he partnered with Hass. Chevy guys rock.

So is that why he still runs his own trucks as Toyotas? Is that in his contract? I know it would look kinda bad but if I'm force to drive in something I dont like then why would I subject myself to further punishment.

Tony did not like it one bit when Gibbs switched to the brand so he ran fast. One of the reasons why he partnered with Hass. Chevy guys rock.

He drives Toyota trucks because Toyota has dumped a ton into KBM.

Kyle wins in the truck series and uses the engines he wants to use as far as I know. I seldom discuss contracts and such because I dont have a clue whats going on with that stuff, I pay attention to what Kyle says in public but thats about it. I would be willing to bet that Kyle is happy using the Toyota stuff though, any clown can drive a chevy ;)

Back
Top Bottom