Kyle Larson

pistolshooter

Team Owner
I don't know how most of you feel about him, but I really am impressed with this kid. If he can keep this up as he has started out he is going to have a hell of a career. Not only is he good in Nationwide, but look at what he has done in Sprint. My opinion he will be someone to watch. Any thoughts?????

I don't know how most of you feel about him, but I really am impressed with this kid. If he can keep this up as he has started out he is going to have a hell of a career. Not only is he good in Nationwide, but look at what he has done in Sprint. My opinion he will be someone to watch. Any thoughts?????

Big fan here.

great potential !
just hope he doesn't start readin / believin all tha media hype .
he's got a long way ta go.

edit................ie ...he's in a cgr car.....not hms.

Last edited:
You must not watch him race then
:rolleyes:

Of course I do... but from what I've seen he's not there. Getting there... but I do think Chase will do better faster... In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Chase Elliot won a cup race before Kyle Larson. He had one great run.. and some top 10's.. but top 10 is light years away from 1st... and he's not even a regular there really yet. He's good, yes... but I think most give him too much credit.

He's pretty impressive, especially when you consider he drives for Ganassi.
Also consider that Ganassi just switched to Hendrick engines. So stats from before this year aren't entirely accurate in comparison really. Plus there's the number Juan factor... Montoya. :p lol jk

Of course I do... but from what I've seen he's not there. Getting there... but I do think Chase will do better faster... In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Chase Elliot won a cup race before Kyle Larson. He had one great run.. and some top 10's.. but top 10 is light years away from 1st... and he's not even a regular there really yet. He's good, yes... but I think most give him too much credit.

He's won two races for a non cup team in nationwide. Look how the turner scott cars run when he's not in them, that's all driving ability. And ganassii is a middle tier team with good motors but no hendrick engineers or pit crews. He's also on pace to make the chase as a 21 year old rookie. If you don't see how good this kid is you're either in denial or just don't watch him enough. I'm a huge chase Elliott fan (obviously) but he doesn't have the pure driving ability larson has. Jr motorsports is much improved this year

Reactions: JEB
He's won two races for a non cup team in nationwide. Look how the turner scott cars run when he's not in them, that's all driving ability. And ganassii is a middle tier team with good motors but no hendrick engineers or pit crews. He's also on pace to make the chase as a 21 year old rookie. If you don't see how good this kid is you're either in denial or just don't watch him enough. I'm a huge chase Elliott fan (obviously) but he doesn't have the pure driving ability larson has. Jr motorsports is much improved this year
I know he's good... and I do watch him often.. I watch most of the drivers. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Im not about to get into a prediction argument lol.. they last forever.

I think Larson has a lot of potential. He moves his line around to find speed. He's good in front of the camera from a sponsor perspective. I will enjoy watching him progress.
Tough break for Elliott today.

i think he's a good driver, but to be honest i think he's another kasey kahne. when i watch him, i think he got some wins in him down the road, but also got those wrecks outta nowhere. there's just so much future talent to come up, i can't wait. just hope B. France and family doesn't destroy it. but yes if he stays in descent equipement he should be okay.

Unfortunately not everyone can be gifted a ride in a top 3 team from the start.

Unfortunately not everyone can be gifted a ride in a top 3 team from the start.

Yeah...it's so often about the money. If I won one of those mega-lotteries (like $100 million +) I would buy myself a ride in the NNS series for a year. I would qualify last...then walk around all day in my drivers suit...then just start and park and be available for interviews

I'm sure he's eagerly awaiting your approval.
LOL!

Larson definitely seems like an aggressive, checkers or wreckers dude like Kyle Busch, and those types of drivers are always fun to watch. He's a young, raw talent and is fast but not very consistent yet, so I feel like the Kahne comparison that @pudge made is accurate. Like KyBu, if he ever learns how to harness all that talent one day...look out.

If he's the new nascar jesus, I'll be his prophet.

He will be cup champion. He is the real deal. He's got a 14 lb sack and more raw talent than most out there.

You can write the Old Testament of the book of larson prophet Blanston. I'll write the New Testament and revelations :booya:

But.......Kasey only won 7 times in NNS, out of 204 races. I think Larson has more ability now that Kasey ever had. Time will tell.

But.......Kasey only won 7 times in NNS, out of 204 races. I think Larson has more ability now that Kasey ever had. Time will tell.

And kasey kahne has had a pretty good career anyways, it's not like that's a diss

i think he's a good driver, but to be honest i think he's another kasey kahne. when i watch him, i think he got some wins in him down the road, but also got those wrecks outta nowhere. there's just so much future talent to come up, i can't wait. just hope B. France and family doesn't destroy it. but yes if he stays in descent equipement he should be okay.
Other than getting wiped out by Dillon at Daytona he's finished every race this year.

Back
Top Bottom