Kyle Larson

This kid is hot ,crashes lap 2 restarts 37 as of now in 4 the what's amazing when he crashed he dident yell and scream, I listened to team radio he stayed cool, crew stayed cool, and look where he is now. should we say ( possible win?) Mmm something to think about . I believe he will get a win this year.

His biggest flaw is controlling himself on pit road. He's been busted for speeding so many times this year for that.
Other than that he drives like a veteran.

Anyone that doesn't see the raw talent in this kid wouldn't know racing talent if it bit them in the ass.

Larson moved over to block..we all should know that Tony has a thing about blocking...unless he is doing it. No harm bullying a newbe shrimp like Larson right? not like he is going to get out of the car and do anything about it like Joey did. Lets face it, there aren't hardly any big tough guys driving race cars anymore. Tony was probably pissed that Larson came out of it with a faster car, the rest of the field sure was. If Larson didn't bonehead his pit with a speeding penalty, we would have something to talk?(argue) about until the next race.

Larson moved over to block..we all should know that Tony has a thing about blocking...unless he is doing it. No harm bullying a newbe shrimp like Larson right? not like he is going to get out of the car and do anything about it like Joey did. Lets face it, there aren't hardly any big tough guys driving race cars anymore. Tony was probably pissed that Larson came out of it with a faster car, the rest of the field sure was. If Larson didn't bonehead his pit with a speeding penalty, we would have something to talk?(argue) about until the next race.

diff eyeballs here.
but ya right ...larson pit speedin made it irrelevent.....cept w/ tony / future.

I have heard many drivers called "crybabies" but Tony should win that award by far...kinda ironic considering he tries to come off all "billy bad butt"

diff eyeballs here.
but ya right ...larson pit speedin made it irrelevent.....cept w/ tony / future.
Straight from the horses mouth.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...international-speedway-tony-stewart/10558215/
"Yes, that's Tony being Tony," Larson said with a smile. "I was pretty tight on whoever was inside of me on the restart, and I was looking in my mirror and saw him juke to the right, so I juked to the right and he hit me. I don't know. He was just trying to teach me a lesson, I'm guessing. Oh, well, that's two weeks in a row."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...international-speedway-tony-stewart/10558215/
"Yes, that's Tony being Tony," Larson said with a smile. "I was pretty tight on whoever was inside of me on the restart, and I was looking in my mirror and saw him juke to the right, so I juked to the right and he hit me. I don't know. He was just trying to teach me a lesson, I'm guessing. Oh, well, that's two weeks in a row."

find tony's in car vid........yeah ..he was gonna pass larson.....in marbles up into fence maybe.

that interview just shows larson 's cool demeanor.

I like Larson and i think he is going to win a lot of races in these cup cars. But, he will learn some valuble lessons along the way...and i think he just learned one this past weekend...I think he will think twice before he tries to block Tony again...unless it's on the last lap going for the win.;)

Sounds alot like "Thats just Kyle being Kyle". Now try n tell me that Larson aint spending time in the HMS garages

Its really completely irrelavent anyways. Tony made the move to the outside and Larson moved up in an attempt to block him, but he didnt move up all the way because he was clearly too late to block. Stewart hit him and passed him then Larson powered right back around him. Stewart was shaking his hand and pointing his finger out the window, but I think he was telling Larson that its not ok to pass him.

wonder if tony'll bump vickers for blockin this weekend ? ha!

funny .....no in car vid from tony's car last weekend ......on larson block ....has been posted.
just blah...blah...blah.

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – During a luncheon with local media in San Francisco's famed Gharadelli Square on Thursday, Sprint Cup Series rookie Kyle Larson downplayed that any drama existed between him and veteranTony Stewart after an on-track exchange last week at Michigan.

However fellow Cup driver Brian Vickersseized the opportunity to offer advice to the 21-year-old first-year Cup driver having had his own on-track "issues" with Stewart several years ago at this week's Sonoma Racewayroad course.

"There is no right or wrong answer to your problem, but there are consequences," Vickers said, inciting loud laughter from those in the room and getting a big grin from Larson and 2012 Cup champ Brad Keselowski as the three conducted a news conference in advance of Sunday's Toyota/Save Mart 350.

Last week at Michigan, the three-time Cup champ Stewart was critical of Larson's driving during a restart and pulled alongside him at one point to express his frustration.

After the race, Stewart said of his 11th place finish: "We got the nose damage when the 42 (Larson) got impatient there and blocked us."

Asked for his take after the race Larson – who finished eighth in the No. 42 Target Chevy - explained the situation as "Tony just being Tony" in reference to the famously feisty champ, who shares an open-wheel background with Larson and has often praised the Chip Ganassi Racing team rookie.

Larson offered a more detailed version of the events on Thursday.

"On the restart he lined up behind me and I was mirror driving and saw him go to the right so I went to right, felt him hit me and thought, 'Tony's going to be pissed,' so I pulled up top, let him by and drove around him a couple corners later," Larson said. "When the (next) caution came out, I knew what was going to happen and I knew he was going to pull next to me and show me he wasn't happy."

Egging on the recollection, Keselowski asked Larson, "How did he show he wasn't happy?"

"His middle finger," Larson replied, smiling.

"In sprint car racing, blocking is a little more normal so I don't know if he gets as angry in that as he does with blocking in stock cars. Anyway, a guy like Tony Stewart probably respects you more if you don't back down.

"Coming to a place like Sonoma, I'm sure we'll be around each other and we'll see what happens. But I don't feel like I've done anything dirty so I'm not going to do anything to make the situation worse and I hope he doesn't."

Larson insisted Thursday throughout questioning that he wasn't worried about things going forward. He's ranked eighth in the Cup standings and Stewart is 16th – both still looking for their first victory in 2014.

"It's not as if I did something real bad to him," Larson said. "I'm real good friends with Tony, but it doesn't matter on the race track, we all know how super competitive he is. I'm not too worried about it.

"Maybe he's just trying to intimidate me or treat me (like the new kid.) I get that. I understand that.

"It's really not a big deal yet. We haven't wrecked each other or anything major. I really don't think it's a big deal."

Im impressed with the way he handles himself. I like that he is candid in his remarks. He has a bit of an attitude about him. He definitely knows he is good, but he is still humble for sure. My favorite quote was regarding making the situation any worse. especially the "I hope he doesnt" part. Thats a little salvo fired there, basically implying Im not backing down and lets not get stupid here.

Im impressed with the way he handles himself. I like that he is candid in his remarks. He has a bit of an attitude about him. He definitely knows he is good, but he is still humble for sure. My favorite quote was regarding making the situation any worse. especially the "I hope he doesnt" part. Thats a little salvo fired there, basically implying Im not backing down and lets not get stupid here.

I like how hes flat out everywhere.....

I like the story about him missing some shifts and when they ask him what was wrong, he said he had never driven a stick shifter. A 6th spot in final practice today on a road course isn't to bad.:)

I like the story about him missing some shifts and when they ask him what was wrong, he said he had never driven a stick shifter. A 6th spot in final practice today on a road course isn't to bad.:)

just hope he has good top 10 - 15 finish ....no dnf . been runnin great so far. no balloon pop.
maybe k/n race will help.

Well Kyle Larson has had a few bumps in the road. I think today's race showed just what he is made of. After falling back as he did then making it up to third at the end this kid is showing that he is here to stay I see many wins in his future...

I have to keep reminding myself like today, first time he has raced there in a cup car. I just take him for granted because he races like a veteran

Well Kyle Larson has had a few bumps in the road. I think today's race showed just what he is made of. After falling back as he did then making it up to third at the end this kid is showing that he is here to stay I see many wins in his future...
He made it to the lead due to pit strategy. The part that impressed me was him beating Kyle Busch on the restart & staying there on old ass tires.

This kid is hot ,crashes lap 2 restarts 37 as of now in 4 the what's amazing when he crashed he dident yell and scream, I listened to team radio he stayed cool, crew stayed cool, and look where he is now. should we say ( possible win?) Mmm something to think about . I believe he will get a win this year.

I'm phucking jazzed he's ahead of silver spoon Dillion makes my day.

Gordon will likely be retired by then. The way it's going, Smoke will to.

I don't know what the sport racing wise will be like in 10 years but the faces behind the wheels will be very different.

hopin larson has loyalty ta chip ..... in his head / heart.....if not in contract !

Then he will have very few wins and no championships, and waste his once in a generation talent. To win in NASCAR regularly, you gotta latch on with the big dogs

Back
Top Bottom