Kyle Larson

Absolutely the real deal.
He reminds me so much of Jeff Gordon at the beginning of his career... only better.

Probably will be my new favorite driver when Gordon calls it quits.
He is great for the sport. Lots of great, young talent coming in; Larson, Chase Elliott, Ryan Blaney, Bubba Wallace, etc.
Lots to look forward to.

IMO, pretty impressive rookie Cup year.

Other than getting a win, he really couldn't do much better. He's going to tracks he's never raced at, and out running seasoned veterans on a regular basis. He's a wheelman with extraordinary car control. He's just what this sport needs.

His racing in nationwide with Kyle & Kevin reay turned my head. Then again at Darlington the way he was rubbing the right rear corner off the car & still kept speed. Ill be wearing a 42 hat soon.

Inb4 the "did you know him in late models?" people.

He's amazing but he needs to get away from Gannassi ASAP. He's already topped out with the caliber of team he has. The stars would have to completely align for him to steal a win

He ran like crap last night in the N'wide. Couldn't hold a position and advance any during long runs. Didn't help that his pit crew went the wrong way on adjustments and probably couldn't get the setup right all night long. BTW he was driving a Harry Scott car, and their week hasn't been the best.

He's amazing but he needs to get away from Gannassi ASAP. He's already topped out with the caliber of team he has. The stars would have to completely align for him to steal a win

I think he will be with Ganasty for quite a spell, I heard that he signed for like 8 years or something like that, no matter................ he will still win some races IMO

It's awesome how Kyle's mentality is. He is the guy tweeting at sprint car drivers telling them saying winning at that level is the best they'll ever feel.

The rivalries of Kyle Larson, Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney are going to be pretty cool going forward. Much like the Stewart/Kenseth/Busch/Earnhardt Jr revival in the early 2000s.

He'll win a race before this year is over.

For sure possible. He's a rookie but doesn't race like a rookie. Can't take anything away from Dillon either. Hasn't finished as well as Larson but has yet to DNF this season.

Sans a few rookie mistakes and Larson would have been in on points easy. People are also selling Chip's team a bit short. Its a top ten team just not a winning team..They are improving though. Hendrick power under the hoods, just need more resources and they'll be there.

Kyle will win next year and if not, he'll make the chase on points. LOCK.

I feel like I've been ignoring Larson this year because I haven't really been talking about him much. The guy is a Cup rookie, but he is up there in the top 10 pretty much every week. Yet I never even mention it because honestly, I'm not surprised by it anymore. In my mind, he's already one of the regulars even though he hasn't won a race yet, and I feel like he's almost always running where he's supposed to be running, up towards the front.

That's how good he is.

Was really rooting for the local (NoCal) kid to make the Chase.

Great talent and showed an Indy champ how to drive the 42.

I've become a fan of Kyle Larson... I was disappointed he didn't make The Chase.

Larson obviously has great talent, he's up there, runnin' with the "big dogs" week in and week out. But even better, he doesn't come off as if anyone owes him anything. He possesses a refreshing sense of humility and, at least so far, respect for his competitors, both on and off the track.

I think Larson will do fine at Ganassi. Chip will be able to attract some top talent to the team next year, because engineers, pit crews, etc, love having race wins on their resume.

BxmRFDSCQAETe_d.jpg:large

Absolutely the real deal.
He reminds me so much of Jeff Gordon at the beginning of his career... only better.

Probably will be my new favorite driver when Gordon calls it quits.

Gordon wrecked a lot his rookie year.

It's a shame that the new Chase format will prevent him from finishing any higher than 17th in points this year, that won't be indicative of the type of rookie season he's had.

How long before Harvick visits him after a race to explain "fear and respect" ?
How many people will kick the bullies ass afterwards

It's a shame that the new Chase format will prevent him from finishing any higher than 17th in points this year, that won't be indicative of the type of rookie season he's had.

That ain't right either, drivers who fall out of the chase, get their points reset to non chase totals.

I agree, everyone should be reset to non-chase except the Top 4.
yeah that is what is going to happen. So Larson can and anybody else that has a shot at finishing higher can. I think the final 4 somehow by royal edict or flim flam, keep their places.

yeah that is what is going to happen. So Larson can and anybody else that has a shot at finishing higher can. I think the final 4 somehow by royal edict or flim flam, keep their places.
I thought this year that anybody in the Chase is locked into the Top 16 in points?

You all already know I think he is quite the driver, but, Sunday, he showed us he can bring it if he has the car. He is calm cool and collected in his driving style but is not afraid to mix it up at all! Personally I thought it SUCKED when Gordon interrupted his after race interview to tell him what ever BS he had to say to him. Probably something like, Boy don't you know who I am, you can not be driving me like that!

He drove Gordon close, but, clean clean clean, best part of the Sunday race.

nope not so.
According to Jayski, any Chase driver that fails to advance to the next round will have their points reset to 2,000 + any points accumulated in the Chase + any bonus points acquired. Therefore it would be impossible for a non-Chase driver to catch the 16th place Chase driver.

According to Nascarski. :biggrin:

Additionally, as drivers are eliminated from the Rounds, their points total will be readjusted to the normal points format in sync with all other drivers in the field no longer in contention for the championship. This will allow all drivers not in contention for the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship to continue to race for the best possible season-long standing, with fifth place ultimately still up for grabs at the season finale.

In my sick and twisted mind, I would love for Larson or any other non chase driver to win the rest of the races, but Nascar has locked in the first 4 places.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...r-sprint-cup-championship-format-changes.html

Last edited:

Additionally, as drivers are eliminated from the Rounds, their points total will be readjusted to the normal points format in sync with all other drivers in the field no longer in contention for the championship. This will allow all drivers not in contention for the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship to continue to race for the best possible season-long standing, with fifth place ultimately still up for grabs at the season finale.

In my sick and twisted mind, I would love for Larson or any other non chase driver to win the rest of the races, but Nascar has locked in the last 4 places.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...r-sprint-cup-championship-format-changes.html

Wait what?

So you're telling me that a non-chaser can finish as high as 5th and a chaser who's made it could potentially be worst than 16th in points? ROFL

oh yeah, when they get eliminated, their points go back to the rest of the non chasers. Like Almirola, if he gets eliminated, and continues to have low finishes, he could be passed up. A driver like Larson if he had two more top 5's he could conceivably pass all of the four that were eliminated.

In my sick and twisted mind, I would love for Larson or any other non chase driver to win the rest of the races, but Nascar has locked in the first 4 places.

I really like it that way, If they are going to continue with this chase thing this makes it better.

Back
Top Bottom