Kyle Larson

He had a bad day at Martinsville, they didn't call his number out much, but they got the whole wreck in there.:blush:

Sunday at Martinsville, I was like, holy crap, he just burned out into the wall! DUH! :dunce:

Did anyone see an interview with him after the race?

first true rookie mistake I've really seen him make. I was like "dafuq?" Haha

That said, it would probably be difficult for most of us to wrangle 900 hp at 8000 RPM's mid donut and lock it down. Lol

first true rookie mistake I've really seen him make. I was like "dafuq?" Haha

That said, it would probably be difficult for most of us to wrangle 900 hp at 8000 RPM's mid donut and lock it down. Lol

I think he was trying to keep it off the wall, like at the bigger tracks hit the gas to keep 'er outta the fence

Is there a video available anywhere? I missed Larson hitting the wall

I think he thought he could spin it around and keep going..but he forgot about the wall.

Thanks!! From the video it looks like Larson barely touched the wall with the side of his car. He had a lot of front-end damage and water leaking from the car and Ambrose had a lot of rear-end damage, which leads me to believe Larson plowed into the back of Ambrose because he couldn't see anything in the smoke.

burn down.....wheelmeister "instincts " ya can't learn or teach.
even tha best get it wrong sometimes.

2008-07-04Chico-firefighter.jpg
2008-07-04Chico-firefighter.jpg This kid is the real deal. I have been a life long race fan and this guy can wheel a car. Lost interest in nascar because of the cost of just going to a race.Remember the days of going to a race @searspoint backing your truck up to the fence setting up your scaffold and camp and just enjoy the weekend. Yea those days are long gone but I am lucky to live around a bunch of local sat. Night tracks that offer affordable racing.I was working the Butter County lighting fires back in 2008 and after 4 days in the brush we were giving the assignment to back up chico fire on the 4 of July @ Silver Dollar Speedway. We just happended to be stationed next to Kyle and his family.What a class act they were. After watching. the race you could just tell this kid was going somewhere. Now that he is racing in Nascar it has renewed my interest and I have someone to root on. This pic still hangs in the firehouse and in my mancave. Great to see another CA. racer going to make it in nascar.
2008-07-04Chico-firefighter.jpg

Typical larson race, ran like junk all day and stole a 7th place finish. Unfortunately I don't think he'll get his first win this year though :/. But 18 top 10s is still hella impressive

He did very well yesterday in the Busch, er, I mean Nationwide race. He flat likes to run that high line just off the wall. Him, Kenseth, Bush and Blaney hard at it the last 8 oir 9 laps and he had it won, was 215 feet from the white flag and a freakien caution :eek:. GWC and my man Matt got the win. Hell of a good last 20 laps of racing.

He's amazing but he needs to get away from Gannassi ASAP. He's already topped out with the caliber of team he has. The stars would have to completely align for him to steal a win

Some times a team is held back by the drivers input. Other teams progress because they have better feed back. Furniture Row with Kurt as an example. Gannassi has some great wins in big races and right now I think their 2 drivers are OK. They are the 5th place team right now.

How did Kyle Larson's rookie season stack up?

Great year. How does it stack up against some others before him?

rookie_season_stats_infographic_800x.jpg

sopohmore_season_stats_infographic_800x.jpg

from nascar.com

View attachment 15213 View attachment 15213 This kid is the real deal. I have been a life long race fan and this guy can wheel a car. Lost interest in nascar because of the cost of just going to a race.Remember the days of going to a race @searspoint backing your truck up to the fence setting up your scaffold and camp and just enjoy the weekend. Yea those days are long gone but I am lucky to live around a bunch of local sat. Night tracks that offer affordable racing.I was working the Butter County lighting fires back in 2008 and after 4 days in the brush we were giving the assignment to back up chico fire on the 4 of July @ Silver Dollar Speedway. We just happended to be stationed next to Kyle and his family.What a class act they were. After watching. the race you could just tell this kid was going somewhere. Now that he is racing in Nascar it has renewed my interest and I have someone to root on. This pic still hangs in the firehouse and in my mancave. Great to see another CA. racer going to make it in nascar.View attachment 15213

Hell yeah!!!!!!!

I really like Larson.but Mark Martin is my driver him and David pearson.Guess and old Ford person.

@KyleLarsonRacin

Owen Miyata Larson born at 11:09pm 7lbs 14oz 19 1/2in. long @Katelyn_Sweet did a great job. So proud of her!

B5hCZEcIIAEz5yV.jpg

Larson is my favorite driver now. Like the way he races. He's the real deal for sure

I like Kyle Larson, he's going to go places in this sport. Richard Childress should of gave him the #3 instead of Austin Dillon.

I like Kyle Larson, he's going to go places in this sport. Richard Childress should of gave him the #3 instead of Austin Dillon.
I'm not a Kyle Larson history buff so I have to ask..... Does RCR putting Larson into a Cup car even make sense? What is Larson's affiliation with RCR? What am I missing here?

By the way, I do think that Austin Dillon, or one of the Dillons, will eventually leave RCR, due to frustration.

By the way, I do think that Austin Dillon, or one of the Dillons, will eventually leave RCR, due to frustration.

and who would pick them up? I mean, the only reason the Dillons has a ride is because of grandpappy Childress.

Yeah, those Dillon boys aren't even qualified to use a broom to sweep up at the end of the day at other race shops. #saracasm

Back
Top Bottom