Kyle Larson

I wonder what others seen that I didn't to make them think Dillon will be no good in cup?
He brought the car home in one piece, completed the most laps and came in second in ROTY,
Really if your paying the bills, the only thing that could be better would be a win or two. Of course the winning ROTY didn't win a race either
and he had HMS equipment.

I'm not a Kyle Larson history buff so I have to ask..... Does RCR putting Larson into a Cup car even make sense? What is Larson's affiliation with RCR? What am I missing here?

No affiliation whatsoever that I know of. I think he's just saying that Larson > A. Dillon. (Which I agree with, by the way.)

I wonder what others seen that I didn't to make them think Dillon will be no good in cup?
He brought the car home in one piece, completed the most laps and came in second in ROTY,
Really if your paying the bills, the only thing that could be better would be a win or two. Of course the winning ROTY didn't win a race either

Most of it comes from the fact that Dillon races the #3 in cup, which of course lend itself to a bunch of hype that didn't pan out. As for me, I just find it funny that they Dillon boys got a ride on nothing more than who they're related to by blood and not really perform at their respective stock car levels.

Consistent ≠ fast.

I think Ty has a higher ceiling than Austin does.

Consistent ≠ fast.

I think Ty has a higher ceiling than Austin does.

Didn't Austin say when he went to NNS that his brother was better than him.

BTW, I don't think they got their rides JUST BECAUSE of who they are. Sponsorship is the name of the game and so far their cars are sponsored. They are doing something right.

Didn't Austin say when he went to NNS that his brother was better than him.

BTW, I don't think they got their rides JUST BECAUSE of who they are. Sponsorship is the name of the game and so far their cars are sponsored. They are doing something right.
I don't know for sure, but that wouldn't surprise me. If they keep taking away downforce as they plan to do I can definitely see Ty becoming more of a factor; he likes a generally loose car while Austin likes it really tight but free on exit.

Most of it comes from the fact that Dillon races the #3 in cup, which of course lend itself to a bunch of hype that didn't pan out. As for me, I just find it funny that they Dillon boys got a ride on nothing more than who they're related to by blood and not really perform at their respective stock car levels.
Pretty sure that they've both performed pretty well actually.... I mean.. Austin won the championship in his level in only his second full season... Twice....... and then finished more laps than any other driver in his first full cup season.... Ty finished 2nd in trucks and has won a few races. I wouldn't say they set the world on fire but they have performed. Maybe the hype around the 3 makes it seem like Austin doesn't deserve it... but that's only the opinion of the fans... I'm pretty sure Austin has driven the #3 since Dale was alive lol... I'm probably a few years off on that I really don't know.... but he's used it his whole life regardless... and IMO has earned where he's at.. even if its only because its family.. and I think he performed pretty well. Not compared to Larson obviously.. but not bad.

I mean, personally I don't really like speculating about what if they were born into a different family........I mean, I guess you can compare the Dillons to Joey Coulter, but really, everyone needs to have money to get in NASCAR........but I mean, they have been a lot more solid than.........Steve Wallace or John Wes Townley.

nope not so.

Gordon did not interrupt Kyles TV interview, he got to him just before it started and gave him advice on the last restart. That conversation lasted all of 15 seconds. . . .if that. Jeff and Kyle are good friends on and off the track, and as we all should know, Larson grew up sleeping in Jeff Gordon pj's, went to school with a Jeff Gordon lunchbox etc., you get my drift.

He's another California boy that idolized him enough to grow up to be just like Jeff Gordon. I'm not waiting for Gordon to retire before switching my picks, I've included Kyle as one of my favorites as Larson was raised 50 miles from me in Elk Grove, which also happens to be 50 so miles from Vallejo where Jeff was raised before moving to Indiana.

Sorry StandOnit. . . . my mistake clicking on you, what's that saying, " we learn from our mistakes?"

Gordon did not interrupt Kyles TV interview, he got to him just before it started and gave him advice on the last restart. That conversation lasted all of 15 seconds. . . .if that. Jeff and Kyle are good friends on and off the track, and as we all should know, Larson grew up sleeping in Jeff Gordon pj's, went to school with a Jeff Gordon lunchbox etc., you get my drift.

He's another California boy that idolized him enough to grow up to be just like Jeff Gordon. I'm not waiting for Gordon to retire before switching my picks, I've included Kyle as one of my favorites as Larson was raised 50 miles from me in Elk Grove, which also happens to be 50 so miles from Vallejo where Jeff was raised before moving to Indiana.

Sorry StandOnit. . . . my mistake clicking on you, what's that saying, " we learn from our mistakes?"
Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay!

:)

Welcome to the forum Aloha glad to have you posting .

ATT002372223.gif

welcome Aloha

Kyle is running in the 24 Hours of Daytona in a couple weeks. There are only 2 NASCAR drivers running it this year (there used to be a lot more).

I wonder how close to the wall he will be...

Be afraid of his speed, but I have a feeling he might touch the wall a couple of times.

Kyle was in last year's 24 Hours of Daytona teamed up with Ganassi Indycar drivers Scot Dixon, Tony Kanaan, and Marino Franchitti. Finished 15th (not running). This year he is driving with Scott, Tony, and Jamie McMurray (Jamie has run this race since he started driving for Ganassi). This is the B team to the series regular team anchored by Scott Pruett (who is one of the best sports car racers of all time IMO). Kyle has some great teammates and I assume advice from both Ganssi teams. (Montoya was very good in this race - fun to watch). I enjoy watching drivers run in other racing series; I think it adds to their versatility.

Congrats to Larson!

@DRodmanNASCAR

Kyle Larson wins Night 1 of #ChiliBowl2015" WOW! @KyleLarsonRacin wins C, B & A mains to make Sat nite finale

B7SMtbzCEAAhKyF.jpg:large

@KyleLarsonRacin Can't believe we got the win tonight all the way from the C main! @KeithKunz is the man. Was also Owens first race!!!

B7SwVanCIAEaaTk.jpg:large

Outstanding! The Boy is a natural.

If any of you get MAV-TV, Dave Despain has an interview with him for 30 minutes, great interview. I caught it on the DVR as a repeat.

BUUUUUUUUUUMP

Larson scored damn-near the most points during the Chase in 14'. It's time to win that gynormous trophy with oddly-shaped racetracks on it.

BUUUUUUUUUUMP

Larson scored damn-near the most points during the Chase in 14'. It's time to win that gynormous trophy with oddly-shaped racetracks on it.

Wow, just got that those were racetracks on the trophy...

That trophy is badass though. Shame Gordon couldn't get one, he could have looked up to it.

Larson and team has lost their mojo recently.

That blown engine took a whole lot of the wind out of their sails. I was surprised how much that meant to the 42 team. Shows they were really focused. That team isn't going away. Larson keeps making less mistakes from year to year. Good to see Ganassi considered to be one of the top teams now.

Back
Top Bottom