Legit Champion or?

Not sure what Phoenix 2012 has to do with this, but OK.

I think Austin's championship is legit considering the circumstances. Only four races were won by NNS regulars, so it's not like his fellow championship contenders were racking up wins either.

You asked: Would Gordon recieve the same reception Austin got?

My answer: Sure he would have.

The Phoenix comment was just a reference to show how people reacted to Gordon wrecking Clint which wasn't positive at all.

You asked: Would Gordon recieve the same reception Austin got?

My answer: Sure he would have.

The Phoenix comment was just a reference to show how people reacted to Gordon wrecking Clint which wasn't positive at all.

Would you have did it if he didn't get any wins or would you celebrate as fan that your driver had won?

Yep, legit.

BZROxkiCcAERzHu.jpg:large

That was hilarious. He tried to do the team thing at first but when it was go time, he and Joey were like "**** that!"

There ain't no such things as teammates with the 100% rule, and to be honest, that's how it oughtta be.
Give me the telemetry from Ty Dillons car for the last 3 laps of the race. He got almost to Austins bumper with 2 to go and had better tires and momentum but chose to NOT give 100% and pass his bro................

All of the regular N'wide drivers knew the rules from the first of the year. All had an equal chance to score more points than their
competitors under those rules.
Austin scored more points. Ergo, he is the champ.

It isn't his fault that regular Cup drivers took the wins.

As for the extended yellow at the end, Robin Pemberton says that the crews just didn't expect to have that much trouble cleaning up the oil. And, every time they thought they had it, more would appear --- that why they had to wave off the restart 3 times.

Magic oil? Clean it up and it magically re-appears.
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.co...ins-extended-late-race-caution-in-nns-finale/

Pemberton said he and the NASCAR officials believed that they would only need a “normal lap segment” to clean up the mess. But instead, NASCAR was forced to wave off the restart multiple times while the workers continued their efforts.

“Unfortunately, there was a lot of oil – it looked like it kept either seeping back up out of the race track or whatever from the car that was on the outside of the wall,” Pemberton said. “We went one to go a handful of times trying to get back racing as soon as we can, but when you’re in situations like that, the most important thing is getting the track race ready.

All of the regular N'wide drivers knew the rules from the first of the year. All had an equal chance to score more points than their
competitors under those rules.
Austin scored more points. Ergo, he is the champ.

It isn't his fault that regular Cup drivers took the wins.

As for the extended yellow at the end, Robin Pemberton says that the crews just didn't expect to have that much trouble cleaning up the oil. And, every time they thought they had it, more would appear --- that why they had to wave off the restart 3 times.

Yep that will do it.

Austin is the champ, whatever. All the Austin fans can have this tainted championship and enjoy it. You want it, you can have it.

I just don't know how anyone: fans, drivers, owners, crew... Can take Nascar seriously anymore. Most of you tore into Bowyer last night for his tweet. However I think he was spot on. Nascar penalized him and his team for not giving 100%. Something that at the time wasn't in the rule book, but now is. At the time I whole heartily agreed with the decision. Now I hope Clint gives Nascar a big f#ck you tomorrow. How do you penalize your teams and drivers for not giving 100%, when you as an organization won't do the same. Nascar's ruling almost destroyed a team for manipulating the championship. That is something they did themselves by not giving 100%. I don't believe Robin's bullsh#t answer either. We're talking 12 laps of caution. Wouldn't the best thing to do with 6 laps to go is to assess the situation and red flag it? Something I believe 100% they would have done is this was a spring race. Nascar wanted their champion, and they can have him. I am so done taking anything they do seriously now.

Outside of the Yellow at the end, I think it was legit. Any time there is a yellow with less than 20 laps I think Nascar should throw a red flag for anything that takes awhile to clean up. Dillon scored more points than any other driver, pretty simple, he won!

Austin is the champion under the rules in place, but as I said in another thread a few days ago, there is something kind of empty about a championship with no wins. That's not a shot at Austin, but a shot at the current state of the Nationwide Series. I'm not really sure what the hell this series is supposed to be anymore. This year proved that the "one championship" rule is not the answer.

Austin is the champion under the rules in place, but as I said in another thread a few days ago, there is something kind of empty about a championship with no wins. That's not a shot at Austin, but a shot at the current state of the Nationwide Series. I'm not really sure what the hell this series is supposed to be anymore. This year proved that the "one championship" rule is not the answer.
Nothing wrong or empty about winning a championship without a win, score the most points in a season and you are the champ whether you had a win or not. Being consistently good throughout the season is what it is all about, Wish it was that way in Cup too, but unfortunately we have to have manufactured drama with the damn Chase.

The BS part is that Dillon only won by 3 points, which is 3 positions on the racetrack, in the final race of the season. There's no telling how it would have played out had NASCAR done the right thing and thrown the Red Flag. As, I said before, Dillon ran well all year and is capable of being the 2013 Nationwide Champion, but IMO, the final race was tainted by NASCAR extending the final caution period. IMO, this is a tainted Championship.

nascar ran the clock out, with each lap of yellow Sam's chances diminished. I hope RCR enjoys the shallow victory. It's going to be their last. I need a new team. One that the driver doesn't look like a dork wearing a cowboy hat.

It definitely not the answer. They don't get any points but they take the points away from the NNS regulars. It's just ridiculous IMO. I think they need to award the points as if the Cup guys weren't there.

Tell me how the Nationwide title battle would have been any more exciting if Sam and Austin had a pile of wins apiece.

Only NW series get paid. If a NW regular finishes 12th behind 11 cuppers he gets 1st place money, next regular gets 2nd and so on. Cuppers say they do it for fun so why pay them?

To cap off the night I'm going to just say, when NASCAR wants their champion they get their champion no matter what.

I'd be abit worried if I was Jimmie tomorrow.

Nah, if Nascsr mfg or manipulated matters Gordon and Jr would be handed the titles not JJ.

He just was better and beat them. Hornish or none of the other NWS regulars were tricked if they know how to add accumulated points.

Kyle could also designate his points to the NWS if he wants to ever win a championship.
No chase for him could possibly help his nerves in the future October and Novembers.

I'm fine with Dillon winning the Championship with no wins. My only issue is nascar running out all those laps under caution.

Pemberton's reply isn't acceptable. It's not like they've never been in that situation before. They've red flagged races many times in the past when a wreck happens near the end to insure having as many green laps as possible.
With so much on the line it should have been obvious to throw the red before it got down to 10 laps to go, at least.

The BS part is that Dillon only won by 3 points, which is 3 positions on the racetrack, in the final race of the season. There's no telling how it would have played out had NASCAR done the right thing and thrown the Red Flag. As, I said before, Dillon ran well all year and is capable of being the 2013 Nationwide Champion, but IMO, the final race was tainted by NASCAR extending the final caution period. IMO, this is a tainted Championship.

This is how I feel. I could care less that Dillion had no wins. So be it, whatever. My issue is how Nascar handled the end of the race. If they say what they did is the right thing, then fine, it is the right thing. However, don't give a spring race with a caution with 10 to go and red flag it. What makes that race/situation any different than last night? Nascar saw no reason to throw the red flag, because their guy was in the position he needed to be in. That is plain and simple. If they had thrown the red flag, and Dillion still won the championship then so be it. However, that isn't how it happened, not one bit.

nascar ran the clock out, with each lap of yellow Sam's chances diminished. I hope RCR enjoys the shallow victory. It's going to be their last. I need a new team. One that the driver doesn't look like a dork wearing a cowboy hat.
I've been wondering, what the hell does wearing a certain hat have to do with driving a race car?

I'm fine with Dillon winning the Championship with no wins. My only issue is nascar running out all those laps under caution.

Pemberton's reply isn't acceptable. It's not like they've never been in that situation before. They've red flagged races many times in the past when a wreck happens near the end to insure having as many green laps as possible.
With so much on the line it should have been obvious to throw the red before it got down to 10 laps to go, at least.

yep

This is how I feel. I could care less that Dillion had no wins. So be it, whatever. My issue is how Nascar handled the end of the race. If they say what they did is the right thing, then fine, it is the right thing. However, don't give a spring race with a caution with 10 to go and red flag it. What makes that race/situation any different than last night? Nascar saw no reason to throw the red flag, because their guy was in the position he needed to be in. That is plain and simple. If they had thrown the red flag, and Dillion still won the championship then so be it. However, that isn't how it happened, not one bit.

Nascar seems to do a pretty fair job of keeping these drivers alive. We dont always like the stuff they do but at the end of the day these guys will be alive to race and entertain us again next year.

Thanks Nascar !!!

Nah, if Nascsr mfg or manipulated matters Gordon and Jr would be handed the titles not JJ.

He just was better and beat them. Hornish or none of the other NWS regulars were tricked if they know how to add accumulated points.

Kyle could also designate his points to the NWS if he wants to ever win a championship.
No chase for him could possibly help his nerves in the future October and Novembers.

Kyle already has a NW championship

Nascar seems to do a pretty fair job of keeping these drivers alive. We dont always like the stuff they do but at the end of the day these guys will be alive to race and entertain us again next year.

Thanks Nascar !!!

I don't see how bringing up safety of driving a Nascar has anything to do with what happened last night.

well obviously he probably fits better in the car without the hat.
Yep, you're right about that. But since he wears it outside of the car I'm wondering why It's a racing issue.

Back
Top Bottom