Lepage in the #4 Pontiac ?

H

Happy29

Kevin Lepage will compete in the No. 4 Kodak Easy Share Pontiac at Dover International Speedway this weekend. He will start the event in the 40th position. The field of the MBNA America 400 was set by owner points due to NASCAR's Hurricane contingency plan. Friday activities for the Winston Cup Series were canceled due to the threat of weather. As Hurricane Isabel churns closer to the East Coast, preparations remain active at Morgan-McClure Motorsports in Abingdon, Va. to race at the Monster Mile this weekend. The team plans to travel to Delaware on Friday and begin work at the track on Saturday morning when the garage opens. Kevin Lepage: "We are taking the same car that we finished 15th with at Darlington. Tim Brewer makes excellent pit calls, so we should be in for a good day on Sunday with the Kodak team. I just hope Mother Nature cooperates and lets us get the race in this weekend. Maybe Isabel will take a turn away from Dover."

Yep, I heard a couple weeks ago right after Darlington, that Kevin was going to run 5-7 more races in that car this year. MM has gone back to him with their tail between their legs, begging forgiveness. :p

What sucks Strids is that when Kevin can't get them to where they want, albeit in underfunded equipment, they will end up with someone else who won't be able to get the job done for them either.

It's too bad because it isn't their fault. They are the type of team we got to know & love about Nascar in the 80's and early 90's. I miss the the Bud Moore's, the Junior J's, Cale's teams & the way the Wood Bros & PE used to be NASCAR.

I think that somewhere, they decided which teams they wanted to be the future of NASCAR. Hendrick, RCR, Roush, Yates was the choices & when a team like Gibbs & DEI came in, they had the mission statement to succeed that Nascar wanted.

Case in point: the Wood Brothers are basically a satellite team of Roush Racing now.

Kevin hasn't done the best in that car, but he's been better than anyone else over the past three years. Counting this year, he's attempted 24 races for MM, and has seven top-20 finishes to show for it. I believe Mike Skiiner had 10 in the 51 races he attempted for them, a much lower ratio. He'll be starting at the back Sunday, but I hope he can get towards the front and get noticed.

Back
Top Bottom