Lowes Motorspeedway

K

KaseyKahne_9_38

I just got home from Charlotte, NC...... I visted the Lowes Motorspeedway it looks like a ghost town.... no billboards, no backstrech and no infeild or no garges...

I talked to the head lady of ticket sales and she said they are banking the backstrech..... building all new garages and press media houses for the upcomming season....

If anyone goes to the 3 races down their u guys r in for a big surprise for some new racing at the track...... also Speedway BLVD is getting built up a lot...... new resturants and stores.....

some race shop news also

I saw the new Chip Gansassi Racing shop and its a beauty...... I love it..

Jack Roush new home for Team Caliber is really awsome... i took a tour thru it and saw some of the new diecast that is going to be made in this season comming up.....

Hendricks Motorsports had a test demo with all thier drivers... I had a shop tour with Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon it was awsome.... I saw a lot of new cars and special paint schemes that hendrick Motorsports are going to run this season.....

Joe Gibbs Racing had the JJ Yeley Car on Display i got some pictures of it.. it looks the same as the Coy Gibbs car from me......

Rusty Wallace Inc.... I got a lot of pictures of his bgn ride that Cat Fish is going to run.... this is one sharp looking automobile i really love it... i thinks its one of the best paint schemes this season comming up.

I vist Penekse South also... No Changes with the cars @ all....... Ryan Newman has a little different paint scheme.

Wood Brothers Racing.... They are still moving into their new shop. I saw the new hauler and new cars.

MBV.MB2 Motorsports...... I got some sheetmetal from the old pontiac cars..... Shop wasnt open for tours or anything... i didnt get any pictures of the cars. i got pictures of the new haulers.

PPC Motorsports.... has two trucks painted up and the Jason Keller ride painted up..... somethin new in store.. they didnt have sponser on it.

Braun Motorsports... has 2 bgn cars for the 2004 season... Jamie McMurray and Casey Mears are the drivers...... Sponsers to be announce later they said.

Team Rensi.... 2 car team with Bobby Hamilton Jr and Elliott Sadler..... No new cars really painted up.. Saw the Flame Marines Car..

Tommy Baldwin Racing..... New Driver and New sponser i heard... Shop was close couldnt see it.

Ultra Motorsports..... 3 Truck Teams i heard and Jimmy Spencers car still.. Shop was close couldnt see anything....

Nemco Motorsports.... Cellurone is back with Joe Nemenceck and Jerry Neadua has the driver..... Also 2nd team with 88 car with Hills Brothers Coffee...... No Driver Named..

Bace Motorsports..... Kerry Earnhardt is politing 33 maybe and Damon Lusk in the 74 outdoor world channel is the sponsership.. Tony Raines full time Cup Driver.....

FitzBradshaw Racing... No Changes to the cars... Navy is the same paint scheme with Casey Atwood. Tim Fedwa is going to run 5 different paint schemes i heard.

Brett Bodine Racing....New Sponsership in line... Shop was close and hauler was painted up with new colors and sponsers but i couldnt see becuase it was fenced in....

Dale Earnhardt Inc.... A lot changes and new sponsers..... Born on Date car is sharp looking...... Bass Bro is Martin Truex Major Sponsership for 2004 BGN Season. John Andretti one race deal with Post Maxwell....

AJ Foyt Racing... Shop is up for sale... means no more cup i guess.

Spears Racing- New Trucks and Trailers.

RCR..... all the cars were painted up.... Johnny Sauter car is the uglest car out of them all. Kevin Harvick might have a new paint sheme after Vegas i heard..... Robby Gordon driving all Orange and Black @ Night Races.... Reeses Car is sharp looking along with the hauler.....

Bill Davis Racing... Close due to a sponsership announcement for the 23 Nextel Cup Car.... Saw the new haulers for them and met Scott Wimmer in the BGN Shop across the street.

TorqueeCarter Motorsports....New Hauler Desogn and cars painted up...... no sponser yet.

vist the RCR Winery... got some neat shirts...and got some wine of course..

i also vist the Brewco Motorsports Shop in Kentucky..... Cars look sharp even the 27 Kleenex Car for Johnny Sauter...

Happy New Year People :cheers: :salute: :salute: :salute: :cheers:
:punkrocker:

Ill have the pictures in May of 2004 after the All Star Race presented by Nextel

Thats good info about Lowes Motor Speedway >> I live 8 Miles from the Track and Didn't know that! That place is actually starting to Suck as far as going to the races. They have taken away most of the good parking! Used to be you could park and get out of the track relatively easily. Now, you have to park about a mile away to have a chance of getting out of there quickly!

Speedway Blvd continues to grow! A new strip mall is being built next to "Hooters". A new restaurant is going in there >> "Quaker Steak and Lube". Good restaurant !! Concord Mills Mall is just across I 85. Awesome mall....check it out if your ever in town!

kwl thanks... i was trying to figure out what that was..

I got pics of Vickers new Hauler done thats it

i also vist the Brewco Motorsports Shop in Kentucky..... Cars look sharp even the 27 Kleenex Car for Johnny Sauter...

thats David Green car owners right?

Would Really like to know what Bretts Sponsor was, Did you get any clues?? Or even if he will run full time?

Originally posted by PettyBenson@Jan 2 2004, 04:26 PM
Would Really like to know what Bretts Sponsor was, Did you get any clues?? Or even if he will run full time?
Excellent question, pb. KK, please keep us updated as things progress at Lowe's.

Lowes speedway is building a new garage's in the Infield but the Back Straight away is untouched

Infield is going to be new.... and they are adding backing in the back strech for some thrilling racing like a superspeedway......

I am going back down in couple weeks... i got a interview w/ couple race teams so... if i can get some pictures ill email them back through the forum....

In the mean time... ill be posting til the day i leave.....

Good Luck Casey !!!! I'm sure you will do fine!! Get prepared to be on the road for 38 weekends a year! Some of my Neighbors are on Nascar Teams >> Don't see them too much during Racing Season!

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Jan 6 2004, 10:08 PM
Good Luck Casey !!!! I'm sure you will do fine!! Get prepared to be on the road for 38 weekends a year! Some of my Neighbors are on Nascar Teams >> Don't see them too much during Racing Season!
Thanks... plus on top i running dirt in New Jersey so... ill be very busy....

Kasey Kahne for ROTY in 2004
Branden Gaughen for Nextel Cup Champion

Originally posted by KaseyKahne_9_38@Jan 7 2004, 11:42 AM

Kasey Kahne for ROTY in 2004
Branden Gaughen for Nextel Cup Champion
How can Brendan Gaughan be Nextel Cup Champion without being ROTY? Just curious.

Rookie points are wierd how the work.... i won the champion in midgits and my teammate won ROTY...

It only matters by top 10's and Top 5's and wins......

Originally posted by KaseyKahne_9_38@Jan 7 2004, 12:32 PM
Rookie points are wierd how the work.... i won the champion in midgits and my teammate won ROTY...

It only matters by top 10's and Top 5's and wins......
Still just doesn't seem possible. :unsure:

Originally posted by bowtie@Jan 7 2004, 03:18 PM
Still just doesn't seem possible. :unsure:
It is possible but extremely unlikely....

For one thing the Cup chmapion is determined on all 36 races whereas the ROY is the top 18 races for each driver....

Pretty sure that had both Kenseth and Newman been rookies this year, Newman would have been ROTY while Kenseth was champ....

But no rookie was won the championship since 1949!

Back
Top Bottom