Make Trucks Great Again

racingfan7

Start and Park
Contributor
In lieu of posting in the "Make Xfinity Great Again" topic. Here's what I'd change with Trucks in conjunction with Xfinity.

8 Driver Chase
1 - Daytona*
2 - Atlanta*

3 - Martinsville
4 - The Dirt Track @ Charlotte (Race moves to Dirt Track)
5 - Dover*
6 - Texas
7 - Gateway (Companion weekend with Xfinity)
8 - Kentucky*
9 - Eldora
10 - IRP (IRP back as companion to Xfinity)
11 - Pocono*
12 - Michigan*

13 - Bristol
14 - Mosport
15 - Las Vegas (Race gets moved to Labor Day weekend night race)
16 - Iowa (Race gets moved to fall date in conjunction of Xfinity date moving around)
17 - Chicago
- Round of 8 -
18 - New Hampshire
19 - Talladega
20 - Kansas (Truck and Xfinity dates swap, this race replaces Las Vegas as 1.5 miler)
- Round of 6 -
21 - Martinsville
22 - Texas
23 - Phoenix
- Championship Four -
24 - Homestead

* Top 16 in Cup points from previous season are permitted to drive in 6 companion events prior to Chase for Truck Championship.
- Exemption from Top 16 rule is if Truck team is outside Top 15 in owner points and has attempted all races.

- Overall, I think Trucks has actually been pretty good this year, make a few schedule changes, tweaks to the Trucks, maybe turn off the caution clock.

Assuming the Trucks have a problem I don't think the it's the same one as Xfinity. The Truck series isn't dominated by Cup drivers, so limiting the number of races Cup drivers enter is fixing a problem that doesn't exist.

Get the series back to the shorter tracks where it started, so they can beat and bang.

Dump the 'shot clock'.

If it's not an issue now, then the rule shouldn't be an issue, anyway I agree with you it hasn't been an issue for a while since Kyle & Kevin mainly stopped running so many races.

Instead of Xfinity Series having a Dash 4 Cash, move it to Trucks.

Truck Series Dash 4 Cash Races
The Dirt Track @ Charlotte
Eldora Dirt Derby
IRP
Bullring @ LVMS

Not sure what field size should be set to, how eliminations/heats/points for eliminated cars could work, though I feel like those four races would be solid money races.

Am I missing something. ? Don't up and coming drivers look forward to the day that they can race against their heros ? When did that change ?

It hasn't changed. They can still race against them, it's just limiting the top tier Cup drivers in top tier Cup rides. This isn't much of an issue in Truck as it is Xfinity. It keeps a "winning matters" point system that a lot of fans seem to latch onto a system of winning instead of consistency. Allowing both Trucks & Xfinity drivers to actually make a bigger name for themselves by having a better chance of winning races.

I thought 8 drivers in Trucks was good because there was the potential for 8 or more winners this year in Trucks.

It hasn't changed. They can still race against them, it's just limiting the top tier Cup drivers in top tier Cup rides. This isn't much of an issue in Truck as it is Xfinity. It keeps a "winning matters" point system that a lot of fans seem to latch onto a system of winning instead of consistency. Allowing both Trucks & Xfinity drivers to actually make a bigger name for themselves by having a better chance of winning races.

I thought 8 drivers in Trucks was good because there was the potential for 8 or more winners this year in Trucks.

I do like the "winning matters" point system , just wish it had mattered back when Richard Petty , Bobby Allison , and Earnhardt Sr . , were racing . Boy that would have been cool to see them really trying .

I am going to be in the extreme minority here but I love the caution clock. As someone who grew up watching sprint car races and watches them quite a bit I cannot stand super long green flag runs. A clock for every 45 minutes is good in my opinion

I am going to be in the extreme minority here but I love the caution clock. As someone who grew up watching sprint car races and watches them quite a bit I cannot stand super long green flag runs. A clock for every 45 minutes is good in my opinion

I don't hate the caution clock in Trucks. For one, it's only expired a handful of times so it's not like it changes the race too much.

Now, if they bring it to Cup, I'll quit.

I don't hate the caution clock in Trucks. For one, it's only expired a handful of times so it's not like it changes the race too much.

Now, if they bring it to Cup, I'll quit.

Cup needs it worse IMO. Long green flag runs make it so I can flip the channel until the last 50 laps or so

It's part of racing. NASCAR's done the caution clock thing in Cup before. It was called the 2008 Brickyard 400.

Because driving 190mph into flat corners with tires that shred after 15 laps isn't a good enough reason to do extra cautions.

Back on topic, just shorter tracks and no clock please. Cup guys have to be here to get full fields.

Because driving 190mph into flat corners with tires that shred after 15 laps isn't a good enough reason to do extra cautions.

Back on topic, just shorter tracks and no clock please. Cup guys have to be here to get full fields.

We know why it happened, but the fact is, the principle has been applied before.

If that happened every week, not because of tires but because of a NASCAR rule mandating cautions every so often, I'd quit.

Well said.
Not all forms and format are for everyone. Me, I can't watch drag racing; my attention span is too short. :D I'm not nuts about IndyCars on banked ovals; the cars don't seem suited to that type of track. I don't particularly like any series on street courses; they feel like cludged-together second-rate layouts, kinda like the old Mickey Rooney / Judy Garland movies: "Hey, gang! My old man / city council has a barn / some streets! Let's put on a show / race!"

I really don't get F1; it seems like one short parade with the only passing being under team orders. So I don't watch it or hang out in F1 forums. :rolleyes:

Not all forms and format are for everyone. Me, I can't watch drag racing; my attention span is too short. :D I'm not nuts about IndyCars on banked ovals; the cars don't seem suited to that type of track. I don't particularly like any series on street courses; they feel like cludged-together second-rate layouts, kinda like the old Mickey Rooney / Judy Garland movies: "Hey, we've got streets! Let's put on a race!"

I really don't get F1; it seems like one short parade with the only passing being under team orders. So I don't watch it or hang out in F1 forums.

I attended a street course race once and there was literally no passing . There was very little chance to even get up to full speed . Local officials were so concerned about public safety , they never had another race .

Not all forms and format are for everyone. Me, I can't watch drag racing; my attention span is too short. :D I'm not nuts about IndyCars on banked ovals; the cars don't seem suited to that type of track. I don't particularly like any series on street courses; they feel like cludged-together second-rate layouts, kinda like the old Mickey Rooney / Judy Garland movies: "Hey, gang! My old man / city council has a barn / some streets! Let's put on a show / race!"

I really don't get F1; it seems like one short parade with the only passing being under team orders. So I don't watch it or hang out in F1 forums. :rolleyes:

I watched some of the F1 race from Singapore on the spanish channel over the weekend and the city looked amazing. The atmosphere seemed really electric, but the racing product was just so dull.

F1 reminds me of an airshow. It's cool to see million dollar high technology flying around for about the first 30 mins, but after that I need a little competition or a scoreboard or something.

I watched some of the F1 race from Singapore on the spanish channel over the weekend and the city looked amazing. The atmosphere seemed really electric, but the racing product was just so dull.

F1 reminds me of an airshow. It's cool to see million dollar high technology flying around for about the first 30 mins, but after that I need a little competition or a scoreboard or something.
I'm convince the audience at an F1 race has the highest percentage of people who are there just for the show, more than the Indy 500 or Super Bowl or Kentucky Derby, and far more than any other form of racing.

Back
Top Bottom