Make Xfinity Great Again

How to make Xfinity great again? Well...

8 Driver Chase
1 - Daytona*
2 - Atlanta
3 - Las Vegas*
4 - Phoenix
5 - Auto Club
6 - Texas*
7 - Bristol
8 - Richmond*
9 - Talladega*
10 - Kansas (Truck and Xfinity dates swap)
11 - Charlotte*
12 - Iowa (Pocono gone for a standalone)
13 - Michigan
14 - Gateway (Gateway back on the schedule in place of Iowa)
15 - Daytona*
16 - Kentucky
17 - New Hampshire
18 - IRP (IMS dropped back for IRP)
19 - Iowa
20 - Watkins Glen*
21 - Mid-Ohio
22 - Bristol*
23 - Road America
24 - Darlington*
25 - Richmond
26 - Chicago
- Round of 8 -
27 - Kentucky
28 - Dover
29 - Charlotte
- Round of 6 -
30 - Memphis (Memphis back on with Kansas being moved to spring)
31 - Texas
32 - Phoenix
- Championship Four -
33 - Homestead

* Top 16 in Cup points from previous season are permitted to drive in 10 companion events prior to Chase for Xfinity Championship.
- Exemption from Top 16 rule is if Xfinity team is outside Top 15 in owner points and has attempted all races.

- Run new style of car with bodies and aero package more like NASCAR Pinty's Series cars.

I would just say race winners, with there being at least 16 regular season races for regulars to win (unless a Cup guy in a junk car outside of top 15 in owner points can win), it should be more than enough. I made 10 select races for all Cup guys in top 16 to run any top tier ride they chose in italic, thought about swapping out Daytona II for Michigan on the companion side.

I would just say race winners, with there being at least 16 regular season races for regulars to win (unless a Cup guy in a junk car outside of top 15 in owner points can win), it should be more than enough. I made 10 select races for all Cup guys in top 16 to run any top tier ride they chose in italic, thought about swapping out Daytona II for Michigan on the companion side.
Why specify races? Why not limit each Cup driver to any 10 races each?

Because you'd have a Cup driver beating up on the competition every week regardless, and it gives actual Xfinity regulars a chance to show their talent without any top tier Cup guys in Cup teams interferring, and a near guaranteed Xfinity regular victory. Also, limiting the races to what they can run with their top tier team also keeps them out of the Chase, so Chase guys can actually race Chase guys, like what they do at Homestead.

With my proposed rule, a Cup driver can still run more than 10 races, but the car has to be outside the top 15 in owner points and attempted all the races, so it would be a Cup driver helping out a smaller team and having less of a chance to win.

Better than the crapshow they have their at IMS right now. Still no excuse for them not to be at IRP.

We've reach a point where Indy car is one incident away from no longer existing. The Germans and Italians have given up on formula one. And NASCAR cup series is back to the pre fox tv ratings. The world has simply had enough of auto racing, probably for a while, and no quick fixes or schemes are going to draw people back. They have to have it happen naturally, like in the early nineties when my uncle called everyone in the living room to watch rusty Wallace barrel roll it at Daytona, or when the Bodines acted like jack asses at Indy, or the '79 500, etc.

I mean there was a time the super bowl was regarded as the worst game of the season, and NFL teams were second class citizens in mlb parks. If the owners of that sport keep tinkering with the rules, they'll be in the same position as nascar's management, wondering why a 2 billion dollar stadium that had a waiting list for season tickets, is no longer sold out for a playoff game.

.. I mean there was a time the super bowl was regarded as the worst game of the season, and NFL teams were second class citizens in mlb parks. ...
Nice point. Everyone seems to overlook or forget that most Super Bowls aren't that competitive, that the conference championship games are usually better.

Nice point. Everyone seems to overlook or forget that most Super Bowls aren't that competitive, that the conference championship games are usually better.

Proof positive that "hype" matters . If Brian hypes the chase as much football hypes the superbowl , the chase image can change .

How to make Xfinity great again?
Ban cup regulars.

I for one , remember those days before cup guys drove Busch cars . Most of us washed our cars on Saturday and talked about the upcoming race on Sunday . There was no money in the Busch series , very little TV coverage , no fans in the stands and most of the drivers worked on their own cars . Many of those drivers were over forty and couldn't put a sentence together . But it was more fun . I remember a guy who owned a gas station down the road was able to get his business on Harry Gant's quarter panel for about $500.00. I took a picture of it , but I cant find it .

People say that it will kill the series, but it had minimal cup regulars through the mid-2000s, and people didn't mind.

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-xs...sed-for-nascar-xfinity-series-in-2017-827741/

Here's a "fun":sarcasm: idea that won't work, restrictor plates at Indy. Because only one lead change was too many

nope6.jpg

Xfinity will be going to K&N style Five-Star composite bodies next year, and bigger than that, the Cup drivers will be limited to 8 Xfinity races per season.

I think the Chase image can cha
Xfinity will be going to K&N style Five-Star composite bodies next year, and bigger than that, the Cup drivers will be limited to 8 Xfinity races per season.

Is this rumor your hearing or just opinion? Heard about the bodies, but I would be surprised to see them limiting Cuppies.

Back
Top Bottom