Martinsville RACE thread

That race had it all; including perfect weather, lost tempers, bent sheet metal, pit strategy, no tire issues and a win for Nascar's most popular driver. One of the best I've seen in a long, long time and nice to see after a bit of a let down for Richmond.

105 caution laps and I guess that's to be expected at place like Martinsville but a couple of red flags saved a bunch.

I hope Nascar takes notice as although I personally enjoy some of the 1.5's, a couple of more short tracks may be in order :)

That race had it all; including perfect weather, lost tempers, bent sheet metal, pit strategy, no tire issues and a win for Nascar's most popular driver. One of the best I've seen in a long, long time and nice to see after a bit of a let down for Richmond.

105 caution laps and I guess that's to be expected at place like Martinsville but a couple of red flags saved a bunch.

I hope Nascar takes notice as although I personally enjoy some of the 1.5's, a couple of more short tracks may be in order :)

The weather was perfect. Every other time I've gone, the weather has sucked.

A lot of Bestwick hate on here recently. I'll be missing this guy as well. Long time fan of his. Especially This Week in NASCAR with Benson, Schrader & Waltrip.
what don't they hate. I think it would be a very short list. Bestwick does a good job, don't have a problem with any of the booth people, they all have their different styles. They slapped some different cameras and different camera angles on the cars and trucks lately, cool shots.

Congrats to all the Jr fans on a great win. I thought he was done when the last caution came out.
We all thought that when they said they were going to pit. Listening to the scanner during that red flag got everyone nervous and at the same time we thought they were just saying that they were going to pit and it would never happen.

Great to go to a race where your driver wins. Only our third time to see him win in person unless you count all of the Nationwide wins. I guess that's probably just the Busch fans though. Lot's of fans stuck around after the race to watch the victory lane celebrations. A good time.

Great to go to a race where your driver wins. Only our third time to see him win in person unless you count all of the Nationwide wins. I guess that's probably just the Busch fans though. Lot's of fans stuck around after the race to watch the victory lane celebrations. A good time.

As I've said before, it's so awesome that Victory Lane is done on the frontstretch and the fans can actually see it -- unlike most of the other NASCAR tracks.

I turned around and looked at the stands as I was shooting VL ceremonies and they weren't leaving. Anytime the fans are that happy and that excited, it's a good day for the sport.

Actually, they've never really bothered me for some reason.
They're just like I like my women- cheap, easy and pretty damned tasty!
Same here. We split 12 on raceday and felt like we had a good meal! I'm going to crave those dogs for a year. Trying to talk her into making martinsville every year:)

Who is the woman in the photos and can you remove the table part from her pictures.
image.jpg

A lot of Bestwick hate on here recently. I'll be missing this guy as well. Long time fan of his. Especially This Week in NASCAR with Benson, Schrader & Waltrip.
I pick on Bestwick for his newfound love of cautions, but I've always liked him.

Vince Welch is still the only announcer/pit reporter that I'm not too fond of. I like or can at least tolerate everyone else.

Same here. We split 12 on raceday and felt like we had a good meal! I'm going to crave those dogs for a year. Trying to talk her into making martinsville every year:)
You know..... We are back at Martinsville in just 5 months. The wait doesn't need to be as long as you think. I'm just sayin'

Great day and great race, weather perfect. Was good to see Smoke running up front strong. Jr nation really can drown out the track noise and yep the stands move with them.
The only bozo I saw all day, was the drunk climbing the fence in 1 and 2 after the race. I believe his rant as he got hauled away to the county hotel was, "Richmond" "Richmond" "Richmond"

Back
Top Bottom