Martinsville - "The Only Race in the Chase" - Pre Race Thread

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Martinsville :)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24:

ON TRACK-- noon-1:20 p.m. ET: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 1:40-2:30 p.m. ET: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 3-4:25 p.m. ET: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 4:40 p.m. ET: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25:
ON TRACK-- 9-9:50 a.m. ET: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 10:15 a.m. ET: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- noon-12:50 p.m. ET: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 1:30 p.m. ET: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Kroger 200 (200 laps, 105.2 miles), FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26:
ON TRACK-- 1:30 p.m. ET: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Goody's Headache Relief Shot 500 (500 laps, 263 miles), ESPN (Follow live)

I thought I would be able to make this race but my friend had to cancel. I did make it to Bristol so at least I made it to a race.

Super excited about the paperclip.

Damn it looks like we could have had a party over there with all of us going.

Drivers' meeting at Martinsville to be held on pit road: Whether it's before the race or during it, Martinsville Speedway prides itself on getting fans as close to the action as possible and the Goody's Headache Relief Shot 500 on Oct. 26 will be no exception. In an effort to give fans more access than ever before, the historic half-mile track is moving the drivers' meeting to pit road, just inside turn four. "Our number one goal is to make sure the fans have the best experience possible when they come to a race here," said Martinsville Speedway President Clay Campbell. "They've grown accustomed to feeling a part of the action during the race and now, by getting a view of what goes on in the drivers' meeting, they will feel a part of what goes on before the race as well." Fans who have added the Green Flag Experience to their ticket package will be able to be on the track, while the drivers' meeting takes place. In addition to being on pit road, the drivers' meeting will be broadcast live on SprintVision.(Martinsville Speedway)(10-21-2014)

Very excited for this race.

One of the few ones I get up super early for.

Damn, Andy jumped the gun on DP, but here it is.

ODDS TO WIN 2014 GOODY'S HEADACHE RELIEF SHOT 500 (11/26/14)
Jeff Gordon4/1
Jimmie Johnson5/1
Brad Keselowski6/1
Kevin Harvick6/1
Denny Hamlin8/1
Joey Logano8/1
Kyle Busch12/1
Matt Kenseth12/1
Dale Earnhardt Jr.15/1
Clint Bowyer18/1
Carl Edwards30/1
Jamie McMurray30/1
Kasey Kahne30/1
Kurt Busch30/1
Kyle Larson30/1
Ryan Newman40/1
Tony Stewart40/1
Brian Vickers60/1
Greg Biffle60/1
Austin Dillon100/1
Martin Truex Jr.100/1
Paul Menard100/1
Aric Almirola200/1
Marcos Ambrose200/1
AJ Allmendinger300/1
Ricky Stenhouse300/1
Casey Mears500/1
Danica Patrick500/1
Justin Allgaier500/1
Field (Any Other Driver)500/1

NEW ODDS FOR THE CUP.

ODDS TO WIN 2014 SPRINT CUP CHAMPIONSHIP (11/16/14)
DriverOdds
Jeff Gordon5/2
Kevin Harvick3/1
Brad Keselowski3/1
Joey Logano9/2
Denny Hamlin10/1
Matt Kenseth10/1
Ryan Newman25/1
Carl Edwards35/1

Martinsville in 1947
XNHzM4n.jpg

Martinsville Today:

Martinsville-Speedway.jpg

I love Martinsville. Its funny, they go from the longest track on the circuit to the shortest.

I was gonna that they should give Darrell Wallace Jr. that paint scheme, but they are.

Martinsville from 1952 Nascar "speedway division" Love the Nash sta wag with the P.A. on board.

067_52-11.jpg

Petty and Darrel Dieringer in the first turn at Martinsville 1967
1967-nascar-4.jpg

Last edited:
I envy you, would seriously like to go to a race there

It's worth it. Granted, Martinsville is practically in my backyard but it's still worth it. The Only Race in the Chase has a certain "short track atmosphere" that, IMO, connects with fans better than the carnival-like atmosphere the other races have.

It's worth it. Granted, Martinsville is practically in my backyard but it's still worth it. The Only Race in the Chase has a certain "short track atmosphere" that, IMO, connects with fans better than the carnival-like atmosphere the other races have.
I pray to God that Bruton never buys that place.

I pray to God that Bruton never buys that place.

I don't see that happening and I don't see Martinsville closing. No matter how ****** the weather is, the fans keep coming. I think they could get 50,000 fans to show up in a blizzard. Martinsville's the cheapest ticket in NASCAR and you certainly get what you pay for.

I think one of my favorite things about it is victory lane on the frontstretch. I've been to other Cup races and you can't even see Victory Lane ceremonies because they're sealed off in the infield somewhere. At Martinsville, it's right there, in your face.

Weather is great here in Martinsville and is to even get better by the weekend. We've been sitting by the lake for a couple days enjoying time with some fellow race fans, great food, and plenty of adult beverages. Going to try to head out to the Wood Brothers Museum today time permitting.

Back
Top Bottom