Martinsville - "The Only Race in the Chase" - Pre Race Thread

Homestead Series?

Is Martinsville pre and post race traffic bad?

It isn't bad at all, with 3 entrances / exits that lead to different areas of the main roads. I parked near the exit behind the Sprint tower and took a country road that crossed the main road a couple miles south of the track. About 1/2 hour from lot to highway. You can also pay $10 to park in the grassy area in front of the main grandstand. That was a 10 minute exit and gone on Sunday.

Earlier in the year, a similar qualifying effort netted us the infamous "Does Jeff Gordon even care anymore? " thread.

No, that was after the New Hampshire race where he was leading but got penalized and had to start at the back and only made it to 15th place.

Marty D became a legend that day. lmao

No, that was after the New Hampshire race where he was leading but got penalized and had to start at the back and only made it to 15th place.

Marty D became a legend that day. lmao
JEB is correct. It was after the qual run...

"His qualifying was pi$$ poor 17th...all his teammates are far ahead of him. Why even bother...just retire or become the new Terry Labonte of HMS.......I like Jeff but at least show the fans something!"

Could be pretty important on a tight pit road:

33mar2014pitstalls.jpg

nascarcasm ‏@nascarcasm
At this point, if you tweet "Ate 14 Martinsville hot dogs today" I'll just assume whatever emergency room you're in has kick-ass wi-fi.
Honestly, last two times I went, I had 10 of those things each time. They're real small and cheap. Easy to eat a bunch!
I figure I'll be consuming a similar amount afterwhile, when I get there.

Returning back to college from fall break today. Will be tuning into MRN

Questioning the turnout for today's race. Campgrounds are full but parking lots are empty at most motels/hotels. Doesn't look good.

The locals will start filing in soon. Everyone goes for breakfast before heading to the track. ;)

Back
Top Bottom