Michigan RACE thread

If Menard wins, I'm buying his shirt with bright neon green shoes.

Thats very kind hearted and generous but he probably puts back a few wardrobe dollars every paycheck.

A punch from Newman would be the least of your worries. You'd hope to be asleep before the state wrestling champ got you on the ground and hemmed you up.

JJ is so ****** full of himself.

He was all over Newman for no ******** reason and he's calling Newman out to the media. Newman should have clocked him. If only he got to JJ after he did his media interview.

Racing=passion.

Love how patrick fought for a 18th place after that wreck. Looked like Burton came down a tad, but most of that was side suck.

Yep 18th is just great for Danica.

A punch from Newman would be the least of your worries. You'd hope to be asleep before the state wrestling champ got you on the ground and hemmed you up.

No kidding - last thing anyone needs is a guy in leotards and a water polo helmet humping you.

I'm not gonna lie, Joey Logano and the 22 is for real.. For now anyways.

If Newman does unto Johnson as he did unto him, then it wouldn't be much of a payback :D
bet Kasey would've loved Newman to had a flat and have to pit. Jimmie had nothing to gain racing Newman that rough, Newman did have reason to not just let a car go by.

Or is it because Kyle will never win one?

Gordon has won one in 13 years, but Championships damn right still matter. Matter a lot. More more than winning individual races.

I'll be sure to remember that when Jimmie beats Jeff for the title again

bet Kasey would've loved Newman to had a flat and have to pit. Jimmie had nothing to gain racing Newman that rough, Newman did have reason to not just let a car go by.
It was for a top-10 position after rallying back from a broken gear-lever; comebacks within a race can mean a lot, especially when you consider how bad the 48 has been running lately.

That being said, I don't really think either of them should be complaining. Simple racing deal. Newman is known as a tough guy to pass; he should expect others to get out of shape while running next to them if he's not going to give an inch.

Well yeah but that was after Newman came to confront him.

Yep, just like JJ did to Kurt at Pocono, where JJ was the one who came down dramatically, and then complained about contact. Newman slipped slightly, but JJ came way up and caused the contact.

The hypocrisy of drivers is a funny thing.

Yep, just like JJ did to Kurt at Pocono, where JJ was the one who came down dramatically, and then complained about contact. Newman slipped slightly, but JJ came way up and caused the contact.

The hypocrisy of drivers is a funny thing.
Yeah, especially considering the fact that they tend to have pretty good memories when it comes to on-track incidents.

I'm with DSquad. I don't think either Jimmie or Newman should have been upset. I saw Jimmie almost get sucked around trying to pass Newman on the inside. Racing deal. If that's why he was mad, he shouldn't have been, but I thought I heard the announcers or somebody say that there was stuff that had happened before that. I dunno.

And then as far as Newman is concerned, sure, he's known as a guy that doesn't give much on the track, but there's no more giving at that point in the race. Eff that. It's go time. I'm assuming he was only mad because Jimmie was mad and started roughing him up a wee bit, in which case I guess I could understand it, but it's not like he got any serious damage from it.

I don't drive these cars, but from my vantage point, all I saw was good, hard racing - nothing for anybody to be angry about.

A couple years back at Texas, Newman was like 2 laps down and JJ was going for the win but couldn't get by him, ever since then JJ has had it out for him IMO.

Newman's a punk anyways, JJ was spot on with his comments; just usual "Ryan Newman stuff". He blocks everybody no matter how many laps down he is, but when someone races him hard he gets all mad and tries to pull a heavy after the race. Boo-hoo

all i know is Jimmie hit him...but how dare Ryan race every lap...

Ryan is the one who came to Jimmie and complained; Jimmie wasn't bitching about Ryan racing hard until Ryan came and confronted him.

I've said this before in regards to Newman, I have no problem with how hard he runs. I get it, he doesn't just pull over for anyone no matter the junction in the race.

Furthermore, I had no problem with what happened at Michigan, it was good hard racing. However I find it quite rich that he took issue with JJ, because that's what happens when you race everybody so hard all the time. It's like he holds people to a double standard, he can race them hard but when they do it to him he gets all mad and brings out his inner ogre. JJ wasn't confronting him about it. Drivers have a long memory, and I'm quite certain JJ hadn't forget about that Texas race a couple years ago. Generally in NASCAR you get treated the way you treat others and Newman reaps what he has sewed.

I sure hope Junior apologized to Larson after the race.
There was nothing Larson could have done to prevent it - Junior just had to look for cars alrdy on exit of pit lane...

Btw Larson ran 8th at that time.
Sure love to see next season when he got more experience on the Sprint Cup-Tracks, don't think he can pull the chase of this season, but who know, maybe a win in the last 2 races :)

Back
Top Bottom