Mike Joy Is Annoying Me

T

TonyB

Listening to him on qualifying today...

He bascially said that people that want the Winston Cup points system changed only want it changed because of this years standings.

He further belittled those people by sarcastically saying it must be a horrible system with the close races in Busch and Trucks.

Well I want to see the system changed, but it has nothing to do with this years results. I just feel that the current system doesn't promote the best racing race-to-race and awarding more points for winning would do that.

I also don't know why all three series have to have the same system. If it works in Trucks and Busch, keep it in Busch and Trucks. They have different rules in Busch and Trucks than Cup on a number of levels.

Give the Cup winner more points, but leave it alone in Busch and Trucks.

Mike Joy is a pompus donkey's behind.

He is till 1,000,000,000 times better than Alan (I'm a mannequin)Bestwick.

Sorry, but I agree with Mike. Every year someone wants to change the points system. One of these days, it's going to be changed and that will be fine too, but this system has worked and worked well for a long time. It pays off for consistency, all around the circuit.

Look Mike is entitled to his opinion. He is even entitled to voice that opinion, but he went out of his way to belittle those that hold different opinion. That in opinion is very unprofessional and what ticked me off.

hehehe, it was refreshing to hear ol' DW comment on the race today!

I agree with Buckster that consistancy overall deserves the championship, but I was kinda disappointed that Brendan got caught up in that wreck today.

TonyB, I agree that it was unprofessional, but since when are reporters or commentators NOT expressing their own opinions? It's their right, like it or not.

Originally posted by kat2220@Nov 14 2003, 08:21 PM
TonyB, I agree that it was unprofessional, but since when are reporters or commentators NOT expressing their own opinions? It's their right, like it or not.
Again, I don't have a problem with him expressing his opinion. What I have a problem with is the ridicule, sarcasm, and belittlement.

Originally posted by TonyB+Nov 14 2003, 08:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TonyB @ Nov 14 2003, 08:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kat2220@Nov 14 2003, 08:21 PM
Again, I don't have a problem with him expressing his opinion. What I have a problem with is the ridicule, sarcasm, and belittlement. [/b][/quote]
OK, I can agree with you on that! I just didn't see or hear it. Bashing is WRONG!

Ok, TB I heard the remarks and feel pretty much the same as you.

I'd like to see some minor tweeks done to the system I guess, but I'm not convinced it doesn't work. When you get a big lead it appears something could be done, then you get a tight year and have several contenders to the end.
We have a great battle in the Busch series, but just a couple years ago Jeff Green won it by over 600 points. That was a boring year IMO.

It is still MHO that consistancy should be rewarded.
I believe this same thing was visited in another thread.
So, I am not gonna repeat myself here.
Leave the points system alone!!!!

They do need to change the fact that the winner of the race can be tied with the 2nd place car if the 2nd place car leads the most laps. This is going to be changed for next year. This advantage will be taken away as it should be. The winner should pull the most points from the race no matter what!!

Back
Top Bottom