More Johnny Benson News

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Benson in the #09: Johnny Benson has agreed to drive the #09 Dodge owned by James Finch. Their first race will be in Daytona - Johnny will be part of the field qualifying for a spot in the Daytona 500. Benson will NOT be testing the car at Daytona this week. Joe Ruttman will be handling the testing duties. Benson will be making a trip to Daytona to check things out.
Johnny Benson's Schedule #09 Dodge NEXTEL Cup
Daytona - February 15th
Las Vegas - March 7th
Talladega - April 25th
Richmond - May 15th
Daytona - July 3rd
Richmond - September 11th
Talladega - October 3rd
(Schedule Subject to Change) This is the information we have as of today - more information to be coming. There may be more races added to the schedule based on sponsorship.(JBFC Site)

and NASCAR.com reports that Jables will drive the No. 1 Yellow Transportation Busch car this year.

Arright! Johnny's a great person on and off the track. I'm rooting for Martin Truex Jr. to win the Busch Series championship, however I'll keep an eye on Johnny Benson

Here's the article!

Benson gets full-time Busch Series ride
From Team Press Release January 16, 2004
12:32 PM EST (1732 GMT)

SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- Phoenix Racing owner James Finch announced Friday that Johnny Benson will be the driver of the No. 1 Yellow Transportation Dodge in the NASCAR Busch Series.

"I am very excited about the opportunity to race with Johnny Benson," Finch said. "He will bring a new level of experience to the team this season. Our primary goal is to continue the on track success with Yellow, and we feel Johnny can do that for us."

Benson joins Phoenix with an impressive resume. He has three Rookie-of-the-Year titles -- 1990 in ASA, 1994 in the Busch series and 1996 in the Cup series. He also has two championships under his belt -- 1993 in ASA and 1995 in the Busch Series.

"I am so excited to have the opportunity to work with Phoenix Racing this season," Benson said. "I am looking forward to being part of a first class team that has the full support of its sponsor. There are a lot of really strong competitors in the Busch series, but I'm up for the challenge. I feel like this is going to be a strong season for all of us and that the No. 1 car will be contending for the championship."

Former Phoenix Racing driver David Stremme will be behind the wheel of a Busch car supported by Chip Ganassi Racing following a change in the business relationship between the Ganassi organization and Phoenix Racing.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Johnny B Good!!!

I am not EXTREMLY EXCITED about 2004!
JB might have a good shoy to win the NBS championship, possible a cup race as well!

I like Johnny B. Hope he does extremely well in Busch, And comes back to Cup full time. :cheers:

Originally posted by PettyBenson@Jan 17 2004, 05:35 PM
I am not EXTREMLY EXCITED about 2004!
JB might have a good shoy to win the NBS championship, possible a cup race as well!
oops that was to say I am NOW excited!

Originally posted by PettyBenson+Jan 18 2004, 09:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PettyBenson @ Jan 18 2004, 09:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PettyBenson@Jan 17 2004, 05:35 PM
I am not&nbsp; EXTREMLY EXCITED&nbsp; about 2004!
oops that was to say I am NOW excited! [/b][/quote]
;) I figured that's what you meant, PB. I chalked it up to your excitement! :)

I'm pretty excited too!!!!
I just hope because he has those Cup races scheduled, he'll still be on the TV show, whatever they call it this year.

Yes JB and the whole gang will be back on the show. Not sure what the name of it will be but I belive Alan said that it would be either just "Inside NASCAR" or " Inside Nextel CUp Racing"

If it goes to " Inside NASCAR" it would be kinda funny. Back int he early 90s if you remember TNN had a TV show with Ned Jarrett called "Inside Winston Cup Racing" Then when the Busch cars started to get more popular and the trucks started they changed it to just "Inside NASCAR" and a couple years later is when Speed ( Speedvision) started the current "Inside Winston CUp" or what ever it is now

Back
Top Bottom