MWR under siege lets help them out

hidesert cowboy

Team Owner
ok I know we have other threads but this is kinda different topic. The majority of people here feel sorry for MWR. good people are going to loose their jobs. I am not a particular fan of MWR or its stable of drivers. However I have deep respect and admiration for what they have done as an organization. Remember mikey and dale jarrett running the 55 and 44 cars and how terrible the cars where?? thats what they started with. MWR is an american success story. The company was built with savvy marketing and hard work. don't be a freaking hater, you don't have to love mikey and his cheesy acts. love the sport of nascar like I do. If MWR goes away it will be a very sad day in the sport.

so what to do, post on the facebook pages of MWR, 5 hour and aarons your support for them. if you want to go further place a phone call or email. The decisions are being made right NOW as to what these other sponsors do. and frankly ask yourself if MWR hadn't been caught NAPA would be celebrating a chase birth. They would probably be expanding their role with MWR instead of leaving.

there will be haters on this thread ignore them. the majority here feel as I do that MWR should not go away and they have gotten more than their share of punishment.

Any time big sponsors leave it is a threat to the sport and we should all be a little concerned. I'm all for supporting the teams and the brands right now.

True also, if MWR never got caught NAPA would be all about the 56 and a possible championship.

Any time big sponsors leave it is a threat to the sport and we should all be a little concerned. I'm all for supporting the teams and the brands right now.

True also, if MWR never got caught NAPA would be all about the 56 and a possible championship.

Eh I dont think NAPA is leaving NASCAR, just a douchebag team owner.

Either way, that is a top tier team. Losing any of those three cars would be a blow to the sport. Regardless of how douchey their owner is..

Top tear as in what way?

I dont see not having MWR in NASCAR a blow to it? How?

Top tear as in what way?

I dont see not having MWR in NASCAR a blow to it? How?

Those race cars are fast. How can anyone want to see those cars go away?

If those cars are no longer in the field the field as a whole is less competitive. The last thing we need in the sport is three more s&p's to fill the field. I don't know what is so hard to understand about this.

If those cars are no longer in the field the field as a whole is less competitive. The last thing we need in the sport is three more s&p's to fill the field. I don't know what is so hard to understand about this.

Teams come and go.

We feel the same way, what is so hard to understand about wanting a cheater to reap what he sowed.

so what happens when they cheat again? how many chances do you give someone?

In all likelihood NAPA (looks like 5-Hour is waiting until the end of the year to decide, no word on Aaron's yet) is going to stay in the sport. Just because they leave MWR doesn't mean they leave NASCAR. If Aaron's decides to leave they may still have Chase Elliott to fall back on, or numerous other drivers looking for a sponsor.

In all likelihood NAPA (looks like 5-Hour is waiting until the end of the year to decide, no word on Aaron's yet) is going to stay in the sport. Just because they leave MWR doesn't mean they leave NASCAR. If Aaron's decides they to leave they may still have Chase Elliott to fall back on, or numerous other drivers looking for a sponsor.
Aarons said today that they are staying with MWR, they could change their minds or be lying and waiting until the season is over.

what you don't understand is that there is another component that you are not considering..the elephant in the room that everyone is walking around. The races are still being televised, but all the other coverage, valuable TV sponsor exposure has been lost or reduced. this scandal B.S. has been going on for years, spin outs, and running out of gas on the last lap on and on to give other cars better finishing positions. Sponsors didn't jump ship then...why now? They have lost TV exposure..Hell they are getting exposure right now because of the hanky panky..any fool knows it wasn't NAPA that made them rig the race. Is Toyota jumping ship because of it...no, they came out with a statement and said they didn't know nothing about the "unfortunate event". Hmmm why didn't NAPA do the same thing?

Aarons said today that they are staying with MWR, they could change their minds or be lying and waiting until the season is over.

Yeah I think so too.

If 5 Hour leaves, that will put even more pressure on Aaron's and ultimately would probably leave as well.

By their intentional actions, MWR's leadership have brought shame upon their business partners, their benefactors, and themselves. In their manufacturer's culture, no less than an honorable self-imposed death is considered satisfactory.

The team's assets will likely end up where they can do some good.

what you don't understand is that there is another component that you are not considering..the elephant in the room that everyone is walking around. The races are still being televised, but all the other coverage, valuable TV sponsor exposure has been lost or reduced. this scandal B.S. has been going on for years, spin outs, and running out of gas on the last lap on and on to give other cars better finishing positions. Sponsors didn't jump ship then...why now? They have lost TV exposure..Hell they are getting exposure right now because of the hanky panky..any fool knows it wasn't NAPA that made them rig the race. Is Toyota jumping ship because of it...no, they came out with a statement and said they didn't know nothing about the "unfortunate event". Hmmm why didn't NAPA do the same thing?

Very simple. Not all exposure is good exposure.

NAPA is getting the bad kind and nobody wants that kind of exposure.

That BS was back in the day. Nascar wants to be a big time sport, so they can't have teams rigging races.

We feel the same way, what is so hard to understand about wanting a cheater to reap what he sowed.

I don't care for Michael Waltrip at all. With that said his annoying, fake-ass personality helps the sport more than it hurts it. He's built a super team, which don't come along but what? Once every 15 years or so? Losing that team would be a serious blow, not to mention all the folks who'd be out of work, flooding the already flooded race shop job market..

so what happens when they cheat again? how many chances do you give someone?

I personally think they've seen God in the backlash and they wouldn't ever try a stunt like this again.

ok I know we have other threads but this is kinda different topic. The majority of people here feel sorry for MWR. good people are going to loose their jobs. I am not a particular fan of MWR or its stable of drivers. However I have deep respect and admiration for what they have done as an organization. Remember mikey and dale jarrett running the 55 and 44 cars and how terrible the cars where?? thats what they started with. MWR is an american success story. The company was built with savvy marketing and hard work. don't be a freaking hater, you don't have to love mikey and his cheesy acts. love the sport of nascar like I do. If MWR goes away it will be a very sad day in the sport.

so what to do, post on the facebook pages of MWR, 5 hour and aarons your support for them. if you want to go further place a phone call or email. The decisions are being made right NOW as to what these other sponsors do. and frankly ask yourself if MWR hadn't been caught NAPA would be celebrating a chase birth. They would probably be expanding their role with MWR instead of leaving.

there will be haters on this thread ignore them. the majority here feel as I do that MWR should not go away and they have gotten more than their share of punishment.

mlfw697_ha%20ha%20ha%20no.png

Oh, alright. That's true, if 5-Hour does decide to jump ship at the end of the year or decrease sponsorship that could put more pressure on Aaron's. They're another sponsor that has invested a lot in MWR, they did decide they wanted to be on the #55 for every race each of the next two seasons.

Interesting take. So they wanted an excuse to be gone to begin with?

That BS was back in the day. Nascar wants to be a big time sport, so they can't have teams rigging races.
wuh duh..they didn't back then either, but it happened, and sponsors didn't jump ship when it did, missed the point.. :idunno: when other sponsors jump ship at the end of the year I'll remind ya..probably still won't figure it out though.

I don't care for Michael Waltrip at all. With that said his annoying, fake-ass personality helps the sport more than it hurts it. He's built a super team, which don't come along but what? Once every 15 years or so? Losing that team would be a serious blow, not to mention all the folks who'd be out of work, flooding the already flooded race shop job market..

I personally think they've seen God in the backlash and they wouldn't ever try a stunt like this again.
Then let him take responsibility for his actions and sincerely apologize and stay his ass off of TV for a few years and let it settle down. By the way If MWR goes away I think the company and teams will continue with a new name and under new management and probably new partial ownership. Remember that Michael Waltrip is not the only owner of MWR he and Robert "Rob" Kauffman are 50-50 owners and since everything is already in place it wouldn't be too hard to find a partner or just buy out Michaels half himself and keep on racing. Michaels half may go at a really reasonable price.

Interesting take. So they wanted an excuse to be gone to begin with?
bingo, Nationwide is no longer going to sponsor the N'Wide, Camping world is talking about leaving at the end of the year, 5 hr is going to "review" it at the end of the year, and i believe many more will follow suit. Part of the blue sky for sponsors is TV coverage they didn't pay for, features on the various racing shows that were shown every day numerous times on Speed mostly. target audiences. They are gone now along with most practices and qualifying programming. So part of their deals considered all that in the expense.

wuh duh..they didn't back then either, but it happened, and sponsors didn't jump ship when it did, missed the point.. :idunno: when other sponsors jump ship at the end of the year I'll remind ya..probably still won't figure it out though.
what are you going to remind me of? I got it figured out. NASCAR CAN"T HAVE TEAMS RIGGING RACES ANYMORE IT LOOKS BAD FOR THE SPORT.

Then let him take responsibility for his actions and sincerely apologize and stay his ass off of TV for a few years and let it settle down. By the way If MWR goes away I think the company and teams will continue with a new name and under new management and probably new partial ownership. Remember that Michael Waltrip is not the only owner of MWR he and Robert "Rob" Kauffman are 50-50 owners and since everything is already in place it wouldn't be too hard to find a partner or just buy out Michaels half himself and keep on racing. Michaels half may go at a really reasonable price.

Now all of that noise, I can definitely live with. Kauffman is the one who brought that team to front from the back, after all.

This decision by NAPA could very easily have an adverse effect on any/every other team that gets caught cheating from here on out. Sponsors are going to feel pressure to distance themselves from any team perceived to be "cheaters"

I sure am glad that none of my family or friends work for that #56 team.

MWR screwed up. They lost a ton of sponsorship money. This will not go unnoticed by the other teams.
You're only a thief if you get caught. MWR got caught and now they're feeling the repercussions.

what are you going to remind me of? I got it figured out. NASCAR CAN"T HAVE TEAMS RIGGING RACES ANYMORE IT LOOKS BAD FOR THE SPORT.
uh nope..that's is true, been that way for years, should have run Vickers out of gas if ya want to do it the right way. but anyway..Nascar has lost TV exposure in one swell poop. Advertisers are taking the hit with reduced TV coverage..you getting this, I am not yelling like a ninny. so although you think it is just because of cheating, advertisers are also looking for ways to get out, or get reduced rates because they are getting screwed..just like racing fans are by reduced coverage.

Back
Top Bottom