NASCAR 3D-IMAX Review...

T

TeamHendrick

Got to see a sneak preview of the new IMAX movie last night (we even got cool NASCAR #D hats!! :p ). It was really good. It basically covers what teams go through to make it to race day. It covers the engineering/building phases(with visites to DEI, Roush and other team headquarters), team meetings,qualifying, then on to race day. The beginning is pretty humorous and I won't spoil it for those that aren't aware of it.

Keifer Sutherland provides the narration as well as voice-overs from drivers such as Gordon, Jr, Stewart and the like.

For those that have seen other IMAX 3d movies, you know how good the 3d effect is. NASCAR 3d is no exception. The in car camera is AWESOME and really gives you a feel for how claustraphobic it can be in the cage. They were lucky enough to catch an actual wreck with the IMAX cameras (it is embelished, you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it). Watching the pit stops up close and in 3d is also really cool. The sound...EXCELLENT...the rumble of the engines makes you feel like you are at the track.

Because it covers all aspects of NASCAR there isn't as much racing footoage as I would have liked. But it was nice to see all the behind the scenes guys get a little camera time.
There is also a nice segment on Dale Sr. that is very moving, they don't show the actual wreck, just the start of it and DW's reaction may move some to tears.

All in all it is definatley worth the price of admission. I plan on taking it in again when it opens this weekend.

Well I won't be even though the Kansas City area has an IMAX theater. I have to drive 200 miles to Hutchinson Kansas to watch the damn thing. Our local IMAX theater is showing some Stallion movie and does not plan to show the NASCAR IMAX experience. Bastards.

For those in NC or surroundings, Charlotte Discovery Place. Schedule is Mar. 12, 2004 thru Jun. 4, 2004.
Monday-Thursday 3 p.m.
Friday 3, 5 and 7 p.m.
Saturday 10:30 a.m., 1, 3, 5 and 7 p.m.
Sunday 1 and 3 p.m.
$7.50 Adult Admission

It's playing at Universal City.........about 15 miles. And somewhere in Santa Clarita..........probably about 15 miles too!! Cutie and I will see it! :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by N2racin88@Mar 9 2004, 12:11 PM
Well I won't be even though the Kansas City area has an IMAX theater. I have to drive 200 miles to Hutchinson Kansas to watch the damn thing. Our local IMAX theater is showing some Stallion movie and does not plan to show the NASCAR IMAX experience. Bastards.
now I'm pissed, I told brittany that we were going to see it next wednesday, I'm callin down there and chew me some IMAX a$$. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom